Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 224
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,976
    Livingston seems like he's got an attitude problem sometimes. Bumps refs and has gotten ejected a few times. Seen him do a few dirty plays, too. JaVale is a moron who wastes so much potential by being, well, a moron. Never liked David West. He has this perpetual scowl on his face that is only absent when he just can't believe they called him for that foul because he didn't even touch the guy (when replays show he clearly did. I know others act surprised/argue fouls when they actually commit them but it's funny to see a guy be a dick a majority of the time then whine about getting caught). But it's mostly that goddamn scowl. ZaZa's always been a dirty piece of garbage.

    Klay talks **** low key-like (ask Lebron in 2016) and even you, Tre, were *****ing about him a few months ago. I respect what he does though. A bit streaky at times but when he's on, he's uncanny. Another critique would be how guys said that he's a better SG than Harden. Then again, that's not on him directly but still sours the palette.

    I like Curry. He seems like a goofy kid that's having fun all while shooting threes at your expense. Not a fan of his temper tantrums where he throws his mouthpiece at a ref (I know that it's only happened twice, but that's two more times then Ive ever seen any other player do that). Sometimes he's a little disrespectful (the "this locker room still smells like champagne" and some celebrations but that's athletes in our time).

    Iggy turned on his team and talked to the enemy. Unforgivable. **** him.

    I like how Kerr agreed to coach the Knicks but backed out when the GS job became open yet DaJ and Boozer get flak for reneging on their promises (and rightfully so).

    **** Draymond but if it wasn't for his mouth, his dirty plays, his whining, and his starting **** with college kids, I'd be a fan. Great player, total **** human being. I don't know how anyone, GS fan or not, can defend anything that ****ing prick does.

    Don't have a problem with KD. Other than him being a pussyass***** and thinking he's King of the World now because he sold out when he quit on his team. And I love how he admitted to not being a leader. We all knew he wasn't but admitting it just seems like another ****** character flaw.

    The rest of those guys range from tolerable to inconsequential.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-02-2018 at 09:25 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Livingston seems like he's got an attitude problem sometimes. Bumps refs and has gotten ejected a few times. Seen him do a few dirty plays, too. JaVale is a moron who wastes so much potential by being, well, a moron. Never liked David West. He has this perpetual scowl on his face that is only absent when he just can't believe they called him for that foul because he didn't even touch the guy (when replays show he clearly did. I know others act surprised/argue fouls when they actually commit them but it's funny to see a guy be a dick a majority of the time then whine about getting caught). But it's mostly that goddamn scowl.

    Klay talks **** low key-like (ask Lebron in 2016) and even you, Tre, were *****ing about him a few months ago. I respect what he does though. A bit streaky at times but when he's on, he's uncanny. Another critique would be how guys said that he's a better SG than Harden. Then again, that's not on him directly but still sours the palette.

    I like Curry. He seems like a goofy kid that's having fun all while shooting threes at your expense. Not a fan of his temper tantrums where he throws his mouthpiece at a ref (I know that it's only happened twice, but that's two more times then Ive ever seen any other player do that). Sometimes he's a little disrespectful (the "this locker room still smells like champagne" and some celebrations but that's athletes in our time).

    Iggy turned on his team and talked to the enemy. Unforgivable. **** him.

    I like how Kerr agreed to coach the Knicks but backed out when the GS job became open yet DaJ and Boozer get flak for reneging on their promises (and rightfully so).

    **** Draymond but if it wasn't for his mouth, his dirty plays, his whining, and his starting **** with college kids, I'd be a fan. Great player, total **** human being. I don't know how anyone, GS fan or not, can defend anything that ****ing prick does.

    Don't have a problem with KD. Other than him being a pussyass***** and thinking he's King of the World now because he sold out when he quit on his team. And I love how he admitted to not being a leader. We all knew he wasn't but admitting it just seems like another ****** character flaw.
    Livingston is as even keel as there is in the NBA and owned his ejection + apologized to that ref and the league immediately after (he definitely did not need to do that, that ref was in the wrong big time as well). By all accounts a great dude.

    I get frustrated at Klay because he can go on weeks long dry spells (it happens when you're not the feature player), but he's a lot smarter than he lets on and is just a stoic ****ing PRO. I like Klay a lot.

    Curry I don't love as a personality, but he's clearly a winner as a citizen + ambassador for the NBA and as a superstar is ridiculously unselfish. He also has a great time playing the game and has skills I can't comprehend even though I was a baller my whole life, which makes him the most fun player in the league to watch imo.

    Draymond is caught up in the life, and is an idiot as often as not, but I respect his BBIQ (with Iggy the smartest tandem of defensive players I have ever seen), and his passion is 2nd to none. He's the guy you want on your team but hate him if he's not.

    Kerr is a G. I have always liked his takes + disposition. Well before he was a Warrior coach.

    Zaza doesn't move the needle for me. Javale is apparently an incredible locker room guy. The rest, we'll see.

    Clearly, this is a team that I like a lot.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,976
    More than just the ref bump from Livingston.
    Always like Kerr, too. He and Pop seem to be the coaches on another level in not just coaching but also life lessons and clear headed voices these days.
    Green is definitely a worker. Just hate his, well, everything else.
    Admittedly, the great locker room guy stuff doesn't always translate to fans. It's just frustrating to see a guy that physically gifted be such a bonehead on the court.
    I'd probably like them a lot, too if I was always a Warriors fan. Except Grren's garbagey ways.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,828
    Livingston has 1 career ejection. Any player who is good is going to have an occasional complaint for refs.

    West does scowl, but he's from an era when almost everyone scowled. He just plays hard ... like 90s NBA hard

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,982
    Lol it's off the rails of this thread anyway.


    Curry's performance last game was a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATS ever had in their life. Again, think about it (it was a random great game for Curry). Or don't, and continue to watch greatness with a jaded mind. We see you @euro

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lol it's off the rails of this thread anyway.


    Curry's performance last game was a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATS ever had in their life. Again, think about it (it was a random great game for Curry). Or don't, and continue to watch greatness with a jaded mind. We see you @euro
    Well said.

    Good summary of the players above from everyone lol.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lol it's off the rails of this thread anyway.

    Curry's performance last game was a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATS ever had in their life. Again, think about it (it was a random great game for Curry). Or don't, and continue to watch greatness with a jaded mind. We see you @euro
    You keep harping on this as if it's some once in a lifetime achievement, when in reality it's a feat that several 3-point shooters have achieved when they get white hot from 3:

    Mario Chalmers 10/13 from 3, 1.063 TS%
    Toney Douglas 9/12 from 3, 1.036 TS%
    Brian Shaw 10/15 from 3, 1.000 TS%
    Ty Lawson 10/11 from 3, .991 TS%

    And that was just clicking on the top few guys in terms of most 3 pointers made in a single game.

    We get it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, but that nuts efficiency is because the 3-point line is an insane advantage in terms of boosting your efficiency, certainly nobody is going to look at Mario Chalmers in a new light because he posted a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATs ever had in their life.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You keep harping on this as if it's some once in a lifetime achievement, when in reality it's a feat that several 3-point shooters have achieved when they get white hot from 3:

    Mario Chalmers 10/13 from 3, 1.063 TS%
    Toney Douglas 9/12 from 3, 1.036 TS%
    Brian Shaw 10/15 from 3, 1.000 TS%
    Ty Lawson 10/11 from 3, .991 TS%

    And that was just clicking on the top few guys in terms of most 3 pointers made in a single game.

    We get it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, but that nuts efficiency is because the 3-point line is an insane advantage in terms of boosting your efficiency, certainly nobody is going to look at Mario Chalmers in a new light because he posted a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATs ever had in their life.
    Whats your point here really though?

    Of course no one is going to think of Chalmers as a better shooter because of what someone else does later in their career.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,982
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You keep harping on this as if it's some once in a lifetime achievement, when in reality it's a feat that several 3-point shooters have achieved when they get white hot from 3:

    Mario Chalmers 10/13 from 3, 1.063 TS%
    Toney Douglas 9/12 from 3, 1.036 TS%
    Brian Shaw 10/15 from 3, 1.000 TS%
    Ty Lawson 10/11 from 3, .991 TS%

    And that was just clicking on the top few guys in terms of most 3 pointers made in a single game.

    We get it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, but that nuts efficiency is because the 3-point line is an insane advantage in terms of boosting your efficiency, certainly nobody is going to look at Mario Chalmers in a new light because he posted a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATs ever had in their life.
    Right, and those were INCREDIBLE, ultra efficient once in a lifetime nights for those guys. This was Sunday night in Memphis for Curry, and he'll have more similar games as the season goes on. He accounts for about 1/5th of the top 100 best 3pt shooting nights in NBA history, and it's just a splattering of 40-50+ point games on 80%+ TS. This 38 point game in Memphis was actually the least he's scored from that list. Don't be fooled into thinking it's not absolutely insane.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Right, and those were INCREDIBLE, ultra efficient once in a lifetime nights for those guys. This was Sunday night in Memphis for Curry, and he'll have more similar games as the season goes on. He accounts for about 1/5th of the top 100 best 3pt shooting nights in NBA history, and it's just a splattering of 40-50+ point games on 80%+ TS. This 38 point game in Memphis was actually the least he's scored from that list. Don't be fooled into thinking it's not absolutely insane.
    well 80 TS% is different than 1.000 TS%, which is the number you used earlier, if we move it down to 80% I'd find 10x the examples to give you.

    If we use 90% TS% he's done that 4 times for seasons in the top 100 in 3-point made ever.


    My point is, we are going to see these kind of freak TS% a lot because so many people are taking so many 3's nowadays that the chances of a guy getting nova hot increase. Yes, Curry does it more than anyone else, he's the GOAT shooter, which I've already said at least 3 times in this thread alone.

    Seriously, only Dubs fans would have everyone slurping Curry's dick calling him the best shooter ever by a long shot and complain he's not getting slurped hard enough.

    Everyone gets it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, no need to act like every single thing he does is something only he could do.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    well 80 TS% is different than 1.000 TS%, which is the number you used earlier, if we move it down to 80% I'd find 10x the examples to give you.

    If we use 90% TS% he's done that 4 times for seasons in the top 100 in 3-point made ever.


    My point is, we are going to see these kind of freak TS% a lot because so many people are taking so many 3's nowadays that the chances of a guy getting nova hot increase. Yes, Curry does it more than anyone else, he's the GOAT shooter, which I've already said at least 3 times in this thread alone.

    Seriously, only Dubs fans would have everyone slurping Curry's dick calling him the best shooter ever by a long shot and complain he's not getting slurped hard enough.

    Everyone gets it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, no need to act like every single thing he does is something only he could do.
    Wow dude.

    For someone who pays attention to advanced metrics, I'm surprised at how simple minded this post is.

    Curry doesn't hit higher TS% because he shoots more. He is a more efficient, and more talented shooter than we have ever seen.

    Saying any player can hit 80-1000% if they chuck enough is doing a great disservice to who Curry actually is.

    But who was efficiency? And who was consistency?

    Some shooters are shooting more from the perimeter because of the modern rules and have been doing so since. Others think they can repeat the Warriors formula but they aren't a fraction of the talent Curry and Klay are (one of the reasons i ridicule the notion that there is only one way to win and it's to copy the Warriors). Neither scenario will yield the same efficiency as Curry.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,982
    You're getting your feathers ruffled for no reason. How often he has this volume + efficiency is unequivocally only something he can do. Hence why he's the only one who continues to do it year after year. And I said his TS on nights like this is greater than the most efficient night of Shaq/Wilt/KAJ's career. That goes for an 80% TS as well. The >1000 TS is just what makes it statistically impossible for the 2pt shooter to outdo it. And yes, the random game of this volume + efficiency will occur on the best shooting night of random 3pt shooters career. But so far Curry is the only one who can reach that level time and time again. You can try to belittle that fact all you want and ignore how incredible it is, but it does not change the reality that it's historically dominant every time he does it.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Wow dude.

    For someone who pays attention to advanced metrics, I'm surprised at how simple minded this post is.

    Curry doesn't hit higher TS% because he shoots more. He is a more efficient, and more talented shooter than we have ever seen.

    Saying any player can hit 80-1000% if they chuck enough is doing a great disservice to who Curry actually is.

    But who was efficiency? And who was consistency?

    Some shooters are shooting more from the perimeter because of the modern rules and have been doing so since. Others think they can repeat the Warriors formula but they aren't a fraction of the talent Curry and Klay are (one of the reasons i ridicule the notion that there is only one way to win and it's to copy the Warriors). Neither scenario will yield the same efficiency as Curry.
    I never said those other guys hit that efficiency because they simply took a ton of shots, I said they hit that efficiency because they got white nova hot while shooting a ton in a particular game. Of course Curry's efficiency over many games is better he's the GOAT shooter (as I've said now 5 times. Slurp, slurp, slurp).

    Many players can hit 80-1.000 if they are decent to good 3-point shooters having a great night because it's been done dozens and dozens of times before. This isn't me spouting an opinion or a hypothetical, I know it's possibly because it's been done numerous times in NBA history.


    Look, Curry is going to re-write the record books for 3-point shooting in the same way Wilt re-wrote the record books for scoring. The difference is, after Wilt the league started moving away from the conditions necessary for anyone to touch his records, whereas in the modern NBA, it's actually moving more towards a favorable situation for other players to approach some of Curry's records, even if they aren't nearly as good.

    For instance, Steph Curry has 16 games in the top 100 for 3-point makes in a single game. J.R. Smith has 9. He should be nowhere near Curry on a list like that, but he is because he shoots a crap ton of 3's and is capable of getting very hot and crushing it.


    The only reason I even got on here is because people wanted to act like this was the greatest game of basketball ever played because he had an efficiency that none of the GOAT could match in a game, I correctly pointed out that efficiency is as a result of the 3-point line, which boosts efficiency greatly + the modern NBA allowing players to take a butt load of 3's, and that as a result we've seen many players have games with similar efficiency (or at least more than the GOAT ever had).

    Nothing I've said is wrong. And again, this is all with the caveat that Curry is the GOAT shooter by a landslide (slurp, slurp, slurp).

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    You're getting your feathers ruffled for no reason. How often he has this volume + efficiency is unequivocally only something he can do. Hence why he's the only one who continues to do it year after year. And I said his TS on nights like this is greater than the most efficient night of Shaq/Wilt/KAJ's career. That goes for an 80% TS as well. The >1000 TS is just what makes it statistically impossible for the 2pt shooter to outdo it. And yes, the random game of this volume + efficiency will occur on the best shooting night of random 3pt shooters career. But so far Curry is the only one who can reach that level time and time again. You can try to belittle that fact all you want and ignore how incredible it is, but it does not change the reality that it's historically dominant every time he does it.
    First, I'm not getting my feathers ruffled lol. I simply made a point about the frequency of these nights by guys not named Curry and you and other Dubs fans stormed in here like the beaches of Normandy...

    The frequency at which he does this is something only he can do, we are in agreement (as I've said multiple times). But acting like "ZOMG can you believe how EFFICIENT he was in a SINGLE GAME! More efficient than MJ or Shaq or Kareem ever were!!!" And I pointed out, many guys have outdone their efficiency in a single game (or even multiple), doesn't now mean they're better (which be real, was part of what you were trying to do).

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,982
    Because nobody is stupid enough to think that a single (or even a handful) of games puts you above a player. And the point is that only Curry can pull off incredible shooting feats like that year after year (yes, I get it, you agree he's the GOAT shooter. Nobody disagrees).

    And yes, Curry is absolutely in the conversation with the GOAT scorers and GOAT offensive players. He has his case, specifically as he is arguably the most tightly guarded (attempted at least) player we've ever seen.

    Anyway, next game is coming on, we can move on from his 25 minute performance in Memphis and see what he has in store for us in this one.
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-03-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •