Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just going to throw it out that GB is 3rd in TD % per redzone drive in '17.

Since '12 they have placed 1st, 26th(Rodgers injury year), 11th, 17th(Nelson injury), 9th, 3rd.

IDK if I would call that struggling is all. Inconsistent, definitely. That has more to do with injuries than anything else, though.

It looks like Capers is officially FIRED!!

Only thing I don't understand is why Trgovac was let go. Clark is basically developing into an every down dominant player and Daniels is already there.

They also let go of McCurley. I think the ILB position for exceeded expectations. Ryan started playing pretty well towards the end of the year and Martinez was one of the bright spots on the defense.

DL was probably the best group among the D. I thought Trgovac made sense among in-house replacement candidates.

Yea that is a little confusing. You’d think you’d want to hire a DC and let him decide what to do with the in house staff. Only thing I can think of is they knew trgovac wasn’t going to get the DC job so they let him start his look for a new job right away. Maybe he asked for it and said consider me for the DC job or let me go.

Guessing they are going to let the new D coach pick his own coaches. Sweeten the deal for the new D coach?

My guess would be they already know who new DC is & That new DC has told Mike guys he's bringing with him.

I have to wonder if Trgovac and Capers were a team that if one went the other went, they have been together for a long time. the McCurley one is a bit surprising but, if we do bring in an outside DC then it makes since for him to be able to pick who he wants as his position coaches.

The strange thing is, for right now, Whitt Jr. Perry, and Moss are all still on staff. The Lions are reportedly interested in Moss as an HC candidate and I have seen some people have strong opinions that if MM hires from within Whitt Jr would be the DC for Green Bay

RIP Gene Wilder

We better not hire from within. And who knows if MM is going to stick around now that TT isn't the GM anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I have to wonder if Trgovac and Capers were a team that if one went the other went, they have been together for a long time. the McCurley one is a bit surprising but, if we do bring in an outside DC then it makes since for him to be able to pick who he wants as his position coaches.

The strange thing is, for right now, Whitt Jr. Perry, and Moss are all still on staff. The Lions are reportedly interested in Moss as an HC candidate and I have seen some people have strong opinions that if MM hires from within Whitt Jr would be the DC for Green Bay
    I would argue Moss, Witt, and Perry are all internal DC candidates. However, I still think an outside voice may be best, but an internal DC is sounding possible and all three of them have the potential to fill the role. However, McCarthy may want to get a proven guy like Fangio because his job likely relies on it.

I keep seeing people calling for McCarthys job, but i dont see many reasons to...at least right now. See my huge concern with changing head coaches is now your essentially handcuffed on the coaches you can hire because your going to want a guy who runs a similar scheme after all they likely have extending Aaron at the top of your list. Moving on from McCarthy could have potential unexpected consequences. You certainly don't want to piss off or make your franchise QB uncomfortable.

MM has earned the right to one more season, and let the new GM come in and make the decision next season. If come next season the new GM wants his guy then so be it. This would be too much turnover for a team which was in playoff contention up to the last three weeks.

I see a lot of people calling for MM's job but I question the logic in it and who would we hire?

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I keep seeing people calling for McCarthys job, but i dont see many reasons to...at least right now. See my huge concern with changing head coaches is now your essentially handcuffed on the coaches you can hire because your going to want a guy who runs a similar scheme after all they likely have extending Aaron at the top of your list. Moving on from McCarthy could have potential unexpected consequences. You certainly don't want to piss off or make your franchise QB uncomfortable.

MM has earned the right to one more season, and let the new GM come in and make the decision next season. If come next season the new GM wants his guy then so be it. This would be too much turnover for a team which was in playoff contention up to the last three weeks.

I see a lot of people calling for MM's job but I question the logic in it and who would we hire?
    I agree. I want to see what MM can do with a new GM and DC. My offseason wish list to start has come to fruition. Dom out. Assistants out. TT going to lesser role. I think MM has done a great job. Does he have problems or warts? Yeah. But don't take for granted what he's done over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post

No real reason to drop MM yet. As much as we gripe about our woes, we have still held up as a perennial powerhouse team for a decade under him. Starting from basically scratch can come with some bad ramifications. Just take a look at the Giants for one. The shake up of power caused a team capable of super bowl ambitions to float to a miserable 3 win team this season and led to so much uncertainty at the quarterback position.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123