Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Thatís if youíre losing. And football outsiders looks at more than that. Iím sorry I donít watch every single football game and scout every offense to know how well each offense plays like you clearly do.

The offense is not the problem. If we had an above average defense, like ranked anywhere from 10th to 13th or so, we would be right in the hint every year. The offense isnít the problem.
    Yea weíve averaged 2 TDS of scoring a game over the last 11 weeks. Offense is clearly not an issue.

Watch the game more.

Rodgers being gone is just showing how much nothing MM actually brings to the table.

Heís only like 6-18 without Rodgers. Not terrible. Probably averages 15 points a game. Could be worse.

(Rodgers in any offense will be successful it has nothing to do with Mcarthy.

If you want to look at fun stats that actually matter take a look at Rodgers YPA before that Chiefs game and then since that Chiefs game, evidence of the blueprint to figuring out how to limit MMS scheme is in the pudding)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But whatever, Iím done with this coversation, especially with you. Thereís nothing that will change either of our minds so whatever.

From here on forward, Iím not commenting on McCarthy. Everything from here forward is about players and new coordinators cuz itís not worth wasting my time on this discussion.

People have decided coaching is the problem. Iím sure it was a schematic problem that caused the pick on Williams drop or hundleys fumble. And if we get a turnover, itíll be the opposing players fault and their scheme will still be great.

Capers out end of season

Iíll tell you whatís been very successful so far today 5-7 step drops with long developing routes.

Thatís your boys favorite play call Crew!

(Sarcasm, none of them have worked)

Itís okay if you Love Mcarthy. Just know, that your love for him is silly.

Well, more on Capers, it sound like they may not be outright firing him, but either way it sound like he's going to be gone. However, they need to get some one who is legitimate, obviously Vic Fangio needs to be at the top of the list as a replacement he's had success with various different defenses. If they can't land Fangio I would be interested to see if they could lure Dave Aranda to the NFL as the D-Coordinator. It was obviously a move that was long over due, although, the defensive struggles were not 100% Capers fault, this is clearly the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Well, more on Capers, it sound like they may not be outright firing him, but either way it sound like he's going to be gone. However, they need to get some one who is legitimate, obviously Vic Fangio needs to be at the top of the list as a replacement he's had success with various different defenses. If they can't land Fangio I would be interested to see if they could lure Dave Aranda to the NFL as the D-Coordinator. It was obviously a move that was long over due, although, the defensive struggles were not 100% Capers fault, this is clearly the right move.
    i wholeheartedly agree but if we only change D coordinators we have not learned anything from this season. new voices are needed at QB coach and WR coach.

WR coach is going to get a change. Getsy took the job as Miss. State's OC.

Our offensive rank according to football outsiders since the 2011 season (where we ranked first). Weíve finished 4th, 9th, 1st, 11th and 4th. The season we finished 9th was the year Rodgers missed like 6 games and the year we finished 11th was the year Jordy missed the season.

If we stay remotely healthy, we are consistently a top 5 offense. Itís hard for me to say teams have figured it out against us.

Iím not saying we canít add more wrinkles or anything. And I wouldnít hate it if we brought on some more outside blood as positional guys. But the offense has been pretty darn good, even since that 2011 season.
    Come on crew, are you blind? Who the bleep cares where we "finished" on offense. As you can see, it is ALL Aaron Rodgers and literally NONE of anybody else, except mayyyyyyybe Jones/Williams. And that's a maybe. There is almost NO talent on this offense unless the best QB possibly of all time is holding the reins.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Come on crew, are you blind? Who the bleep cares where we "finished" on offense. As you can see, it is ALL Aaron Rodgers and literally NONE of anybody else, except mayyyyyyybe Jones/Williams. And that's a maybe. There is almost NO talent on this offense unless the best QB possibly of all time is holding the reins.
    I think the talent is fine, we have talent everywhere. Thatís where Iíll disagree with you.

The talent isnít being utilized correctly. Horrible offensive scheme. Critics are starting to point it out too. FINALLY. Even tho nothing has really changed since the KC game.

Anyone else remember that game? It sucked.

It's pretty bad when I can call what the next offensive play will be, before they huddle up, Especially in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    It's pretty bad when I can call what the next offensive play will be, before they huddle up, Especially in the red zone.
    How long have we struggled in the red zone? Pretty much since late 2011 season...weird.

Our offensive rank according to football outsiders since the 2011 season (where we ranked first). Weíve finished 4th, 9th, 1st, 11th and 4th. The season we finished 9th was the year Rodgers missed like 6 games and the year we finished 11th was the year Jordy missed the season.

If we stay remotely healthy, we are consistently a top 5 offense. Itís hard for me to say teams have figured it out against us.

Iím not saying we canít add more wrinkles or anything. And I wouldnít hate it if we brought on some more outside blood as positional guys. But the offense has been pretty darn good, even since that 2011 season.
    serious question... what has our offensive rank been without rodgers over the tenure of MM?

One gone... Now get Rid of TT. I can live with keeping MM... TT must ****ing go.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    One gone... Now get Rid of TT. I can live with keeping MM... TT must ****ing go.
    Not gonna happen MTM. Sorry buddy.

You sm that same Vikings offense that started 5-0 last year and missed the playoffs last year?

The Vikings have been good 1 year with a top 10 defense. Since Aaron Rodgers has taken over we have been to more nfc championship games than the Vikings have won playoff games. But by all means, letís copy that organization because they have it all figured out.

Give Case Keenum credit for once. Heís not playing like just some guy. Dude has been incredible this year and part of that is because heís been awesome scrambling. Best qb rating outside the pocket this year. Thatís not offensive scheme. Thatís keenum making plays. Heís not some scrub this year. Heís playing well. Sure, coaching deserves credit but youíre acting like anyone could do what heís done. Thatís highly unlikely. Heís been very good.
    I like that you say we need to give Keenum so much credit while also downplaying how well the Vikings organization has done putting the pieces in place to be a winning franchise.

If your only comeback is "hey, look what Aaron Rodgers has done for us all these years" than you are just preaching the the choir.

It is absolutely clear that we are regressing each and every season defensively. We lack the ability to create pressure and that starts with old man Matthews. His inability to create pressure was masked somewhat by Peppers and Perry but without Peppers its clear we are garbage in that respect.

That being said, Capers had to go. He lacked any creativity defensively. QB's repeatedly read his blitz on 3rd down every single time leading to easy pitch and catch backyard ball. We routinely made even the worst QB's in football look like Pro Bowlers.

I wholeheartedly feel that we need to change to a 4-3 scheme next season. We have drafted a lot of defensively line talent over the past few seasons. It might be time to put the defense on their backs and see what they can do. If not there needs to be a serious hardcore press on a pass rusher in FA.

Offensively we will probably have to spend some high draft picks to pick up the pieces. Jordy looks slow and old. Getting Adams signed is good but I am afraid of the multiple concussions he has taken on. We need a TE that is better than Rodgers. Letting Cook walk turned out to be a bad choice. Not just because Bennett's bad beat but because Kendricks has proven to be a bust.

It sounds like Rodgers is going to get his contract this offseason, but we need to get him help. SOON.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast