Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Official: Colts part ways with HC Chuck Pagano

Not a big surprise, I thought they should have done it last off-season when they cleared house in the front office by letting Grigson walk. When this is official, one of the NFL mods or myself will update the thread title

The Indianapolis Colts are expected to part ways with coach Chuck Pagano, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Colts, 3-12 and last in the AFC South entering their season finale against the 4-11 Houston Texans on Sunday, have missed the playoffs each of the past three years and have struggled this season without injured star quarterback Andrew Luck.

This season will be the team's worst since Indianapolis finished 2-14 in 2011.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

2018 draft position: Top-three selection in first round and seven overall picks.

2018 projected salary cap space: $83.3 million

2018 starting QB: The hope is for Andrew Luck to be back after missing the 2017 season with a right shoulder injury. The Colts have insurance in Jacoby Brissett if Luck continues to have shoulder problems. Brissett started 15 of 16 games in 2017 after being acquired from New England a week before the start of the regular season.

Colts owner Jim Irsay opted to retain Pagano when then-general manager Ryan Grigson was fired last January, saying at the time that splitting up the coach-GM pairing was "what's best" for the franchise.

Despite being just two years into a four-year deal, Pagano acknowledged in early December that his job security was tenuous, saying "the shelf life for these jobs isn't long."

The Colts' struggles over the past three years under Pagano have coincided with Luck's injury woes. The three-time Pro Bowler has been sidelined 26 games over that stretch and missed the entire 2017 season while recovering from shoulder surgery.

Pagano led the Colts to the playoffs -- including reaching the AFC Championship Game in 2014 -- in each of his first three seasons. They went undefeated in the AFC South in 2013 and '14.

But things started to change in 2015, when the Colts posted the first of back-to-back 8-8 seasons. Indianapolis has missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1997-98.

Pagano, 57, is 52-43 ahead of Sunday's regular-season finale in his almost six full seasons with the Colts. He missed 12 games to undergo treatment for acute promyelocytic leukemia in his first season with the team in 2012. Doctors announced later that year that Pagano's cancer is in remission.

Pagano arrived in Indianapolis in 2012 as a first-time head coach with a defensive reputation after being defensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens. The defensive results never materialized, however, as Indianapolis finished 20th or worse in total defense in five of Pagano's six seasons, including 31st in 2017.

Pagano's inability to beat AFC contenders Pittsburgh and New England also hurt him; the Colts were a combined 0-8 against those two teams under Pagano. They lost by an average of 24.3 points to the Steelers and by an average of 24.6 points to the Patriots.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...cted-part-ways

Jim Shwartz is supposedly the front runner for the Giants job.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Jim Shwartz is supposedly the front runner for the Giants job.
    According to psd experts he will never be a head coach again.

About 3 years too late.

Anthony Calhoun‏Verified account
    @ACwishtv
    Breaking: Iíve just learned that Chuck Pagano has been released of his duties as #Colts Coach.

officially fired

Never Forget

about time. Andrew Luck should find a way out of that Trash Franchise.

My money is on Dave Toub, but I'm also assuming Irsay will be smart enough to let Ballard to pick the HC. Irsay can really screw it up and go after Jeff Fisher.

ďMaybe one of these days I won't fail Ē - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Isnít Bruce Arians going to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    about time. Andrew Luck should find a way out of that Trash Franchise.
    that franchise should find a way out of that trash luck

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    that franchise should find a way out of that trash luck
    Luck isn't trash.

Just in time to become the eagles defensive coordinator?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Isnít Bruce Arians going to be available?
    The rumors are that he is stepping down due to health reasons and will be retiring.