Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    The changes are beginning and I suspect that Reggie will be a recipient of the house cleaning as well. He has an affinity for selecting DB's who are injury prone or already hurt.
    Do you want him to get fired?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    That confident in Connor Cook?
    You're better than this.

Carr is a good QB which means he's inevitably going to get overpaid.

You can't look at this season though and think you saw the "real Carr" because Todd Downing was so obviously in over his head as OC.

The only thing I would be concerned about with Carr is that he apparently managed to piss off his OL.

Downing was a joke running the same plays week after week, running plays were players were running the exact sameness route! Switching the blocking scheme, not once did we use our strength this season and it was just sad. Drawing up plays for 5yd routes when we need 8yds for the first down. I mean it was a complete joke, not to mention our QB coach, with 0 experience until last year u/Downing as an assistant Qb coach. It was a **** show all year long and I cannot wait for a Gruden/Gannon mentoring Carr and teaching him what it really takes to be a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Carr is a good QB which means he's inevitably going to get overpaid.

You can't look at this season though and think you saw the "real Carr" because Todd Downing was so obviously in over his head as OC.

The only thing I would be concerned about with Carr is that he apparently managed to piss off his OL.
    That was the real Carr though. Even if you don't count his rookie year, this season kinda mirrors his sophomore year. He's had one really good year in his 4 year career.

Do you believe that if he was getting a contract now that he would be getting the largest deal in NFL history?

Musgrave did a damn good job covering up Carr's deficiencies. Downing wasn't able to, and now they're out in the open.

That was the real Carr though. Even if you don't count his rookie year, this season kinda mirrors his sophomore year. He's had one really good year in his 4 year career.

Do you believe that if he was getting a contract now that he would be getting the largest deal in NFL history?

Musgrave did a damn good job covering up Carr's deficiencies. Downing wasn't able to, and now they're out in the open.
    Do you really believe that or do you want to believe that?

I don't care about the AFC West. What I saw is Downing implement a scheme and call plays that went against the strengths not just of Carr, but also of their OL and their WRs, Cooper in particular. If the Raiders replace him then Carr in 2018 will look more like Carr 2016 than 2017, in my opinion that is. There's some stats to that, too, like run blocking metrics, lowest number of play action and shortest average throw.

I don't care about the AFC West. What I saw is Downing implement a scheme and call plays that went against the strengths not just of Carr, but also of their OL and their WRs, Cooper in particular. If the Raiders replace him then Carr in 2018 will look more like Carr 2016 than 2017, in my opinion that is. There's some stats to that, too, like run blocking metrics, lowest number of play action and shortest average throw.
    I really believe it. I've been on the anti Carr bandwagon since his rookie year, and only part of it is because he's a Raiders QB. He's so over hyped that it's become ridiculous. He's so frustrating because he's got the arm to make every throw, but he's too gutless to throw the ball down the field. Sure part of the problem is his OC, but Carr deserves quite a bit of blame himself.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    He is a franchise QB ?
    Yea he is. Just one bad season other than rookie year

No it wasn't. His sophomore year was closer to last year than it was to this year. Nice try.. Not to mention he's had 3 OCs in 4 years. I think Gruden and a good OC bring back 2016 Carr or even better

Yeah Carr will be fine. He is too smart, too talented and his work ethic is too good not to succeed in this league. Bronco fans only dream of having a QB like him

Downing set up the offense to fail. He was really just that bad

Schefter is reporting that McKenzie will go through the "motions" of hiring this week, including interviewing a Rooney Rule candidate and a few others, due to the fact that Gruden has been hard to pin down over the years, but he is expected back in Oakland and have it be announced within a week.

Gruden is expected to call his own plays, and plans to target current Jets OC John Morton and Bengals DC Paul Guenther for the same positions with the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    No it wasn't. His sophomore year was closer to last year than it was to this year. Nice try.. Not to mention he's had 3 OCs in 4 years. I think Gruden and a good OC bring back 2016 Carr or even better
    No. Almost the same record, way more TD's his sophomore year, but same amount of interceptions, very similar completion percentage, ypa is very close, ypg is very close, qbr is within a point, but he took 12 more sacks his second year.

The only thing similar between his second year and last year is yards and TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This. Carr is no franchise QB. Dude is one of the most overpaid players in the league.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Overpaid? Yes. Doesn't mean he isn't a franchise QB. Outside of having one of the elite guys in the league, how much better can you do than Carr? Carr doesn't have anything to do with Pooper dropping everything in sight or playing defense. Raiders will be fine if they find a competent coaching staff, either fix Pooper/replace him, and build a competent defense.

They should go after Pagano or Caldwell not Gruden.

No. Almost the same record, way more TD's his sophomore year, but same amount of interceptions, very similar completion percentage, ypa is very close, ypg is very close, qbr is within a point, but he took 12 more sacks his second year.

The only thing similar between his second year and last year is yards and TD's.
    No. record is dumb thing to even mention especially with our defense. Only thing similar from 2nd year and this year was int and QBR. He was much better his 2nd year than this year. Like I said I'm confident Gruden and good OC could bring the real Carr from the 2 previous years

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast