Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Travis díArnaud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Greatest.

Devon Travis like someone said earlier if healthy puts up .300 25HR 100 RBI this guy has the ability for sure.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Brandon Nimmo has a chance to be one of the sneaky good players in baseball this year if he develops the power necessary to play everyday. Dude has a really good eye. He had a .380 OBP last year in a decent amount of at bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Which players do you think will have a breakout year next season?
    Rafael Devers for the Red Sox.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Justin Bour. Had a big injury last year and missed a lot of time but he's shown flashes of being great and is in for a big year assuming he stays healthy

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Justin Bour. Had a big injury last year and missed a lot of time but he's shown flashes of being great and is in for a big year assuming he stays healthy
    Hes got serious power.

Kolten Wong is my hopeful candidate.

He showed flashes last year of a being a great player. His defense is gold glove worthy and his bat is finally coming around. I think as long at Matheny doesn't bench him after one boneheaded play to ruin his confidence, he'll have a decent shot a being one of the best 2nd baseman in the NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Kolten Wong is my hopeful candidate.

He showed flashes last year of a being a great player. His defense is gold glove worthy and his bat is finally coming around. I think as long at Matheny doesn't bench him after one boneheaded play to ruin his confidence, he'll have a decent shot a being one of the best 2nd baseman in the NL
    Agreed

He, like Jaime Garcia, appears to be pretty emotional on the field. And he is noticably worse defensively when he has sat several games. If he played everyday, he'd be in the running for a GG. It's the on and off that makes him so inconsistent out there.

I wouldn't say he has the best range defensively, but he is very sure handed and every thing he gets to, he converts.

He is a career .811 RZR (that's basically a range stat), which puts him slightly below average (.835 is average), and he is just okay at balls out of his zone. It's the one's in his zone that he eats up very well. I'd argue he converts more balls in his zone than the average 2B.

I still think Wong could be a .270/.360/.435, everyday 2B with a solid glove (more 2B than HR for extra base hits). He needs consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Javier Baez.
    So you expecting a significant improvement in terms of laying off pitches outside the zone? Or do you think Baez will slug enough to make up for the continual lack of walks?

Tyler Chatwood, if he can stay healthy, would seem like an intriguing breakout candidate. His numbers away from Coors were excellent. And as a groundball centric pitcher Chatwood should significantly benefit from an elite Cub infield defense (especially if Baez isn't dealt).

I'm also curious how Alex Reyes will be utilized coming back from TJ surgery. If St Louis puts him in the bullpen, to minimize his innings total, Reyes is absolutely capable of being a top ten reliever.

Love Chatwood. 6.01 ERA at home and 3.49 on the road

Gave up 20 HRís in 150 innings but his HR/FB ratio was extremely high at 22% which is way higher than his normal rate

Chatwood's advanced numbers on the road were awful, though.

It's hard to say whether the ERA or the advanced statistics are more indicative of what Chatwood was on the road.

More so, I'm interested to see what the Cubs change in Chatwood. There's a lot of interesting pieces to him, but I'm not that interested in his road ERA personally. He was just a lucky-bad pitcher on the road. I'm interested to see how they change how he pitches: what he throws, when he throws it, kind of stuff.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Luis Castillo.

byron buxton, Manuel Margot and masahiro tanaka

Greg Bird. That swing is too good (if he stays healthy) not to succeed in YS, especially with the players around him that will ease him in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Chatwood's advanced numbers on the road were awful, though.

It's hard to say whether the ERA or the advanced statistics are more indicative of what Chatwood was on the road.

More so, I'm interested to see what the Cubs change in Chatwood. There's a lot of interesting pieces to him, but I'm not that interested in his road ERA personally. He was just a lucky-bad pitcher on the road. I'm interested to see how they change how he pitches: what he throws, when he throws it, kind of stuff.
    You're more in to advanced stats than most people so help me out with this please. What exactly are you looking for when you say that his advanced stats were awful on the road?

On the road, batters hit .197/.229/.396 and an wOBA of .297. To me those are tremendous numbers. Especially for a 4/5 guy. What am I missing? Thanks 1908!
    Last edited by thawv; 01-11-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast