Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    pachyderm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsHound View Post
    But Josh Allen is literally the same, physically and statistically as Kizer, expect he has a little stronger arm... He's not the answer.
    hmmm.

i disagree.

But I see what you're saying.

Also. I'm coming off as a troll, sorry, I really do want to see you guys play well.

@ClevelandFan11 made a very good point.

I think Allen is a diamond in the rough is all.

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    hmmm.

i disagree.

But I see what you're saying.

Also. I'm coming off as a troll, sorry, I really do want to see you guys play well.

@ClevelandFan11 made a very good point.

I think Allen is a diamond in the rough is all.
    It's all good brother. And Allen may be a diamond in the rough, but for the first time in a long long long time, we have the opportunity to make out team better. As a passionate fan I would rather pick sure fire players, than a maybe. Cause in Cleveland (kind of like prom in high school lol) a maybe is always no. Now if the ENTIRE front office and Coaching Staff are in love with one of the QB's, then we have to pull the trigger on them with the top pick. No questions at all. But if they aren't all sold, stay the heck away. This isn't the year to gamble IMO. Build one of the best young foundations in the league. And next year sign or trade the entire draft away for a QB. We just aren't built yet

Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Who is the QB after next year? Drafting a RB that high is a luxury pick. The Browns have way too many holes, and RBs donít change games. A similarly skilled RB can be drafted in the early 2nd.
    Drafting a RB is a luxury pick, but Barkley is argubely the best prospect in the whole draft. Look what Elliott did for Prescott. Or Lynch for Wilson. Or Ajay for Foles. I don't think Taylor is the answer for QB, but again if Dorsey, Jackson, & Company aren't sold on Allen/Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold, take a luxury pick. Draft a playmaker over someone who may or may not be a play maker. As to who could QB this team after this season. I think you give Taylor a chance this season to ressurect his career. If not look at free agents or Drew Lock/Clayton Thorson in the draft (who knows how they will play next year)

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

1. Saquon Barkley
    12. Denzel Ward
    22. Rashaan Evans
    33. Orlando Brown
    35. Carlton Davis
    64. Chase Litton

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    Drafting a RB is a luxury pick, but Barkley is argubely the best prospect in the whole draft. Look what Elliott did for Prescott. Or Lynch for Wilson. Or Ajay for Foles. I don't think Taylor is the answer for QB, but again if Dorsey, Jackson, & Company aren't sold on Allen/Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold, take a luxury pick. Draft a playmaker over someone who may or may not be a play maker. As to who could QB this team after this season. I think you give Taylor a chance this season to ressurect his career. If not look at free agents or Drew Lock/Clayton Thorson in the draft (who knows how they will play next year)
    Yeah there are running backs that helped, but to me, a RB is a dime a dozen, and does not take over games. Look at AP, one of the greats. The Vikings were garbage year in and year out until they had a QB. Same can be said for Gore in SF. Maybe I am still a little "stung" from TRich being drafted at 3 since he was a once in a generation sure fire no doubt franchise changing running back.

The Orange is Oranger

Yeah there are running backs that helped, but to me, a RB is a dime a dozen, and does not take over games. Look at AP, one of the greats. The Vikings were garbage year in and year out until they had a QB. Same can be said for Gore in SF. Maybe I am still a little "stung" from TRich being drafted at 3 since he was a once in a generation sure fire no doubt franchise changing running back.
    The Vikingings had three bad records with AP, out of 9. Now they didn't win any superbowls, but they weren't horrible. The Cowboys also fell apart without Zeke. And trust me I remember the whole Richardson blunder. But the biggest difference I see is 1) Barkley ran behind a way worse line 2) BArkley ran great againsit the best Big10 defenses.

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

pachyderm Guest
    Well, I have a theory, maybe it is weak but here goes:

If your O line can block almost any running back is ok, and the same pretty much goes for your QB too.
    It is nice however to have a more than adequate QB if you can.
    Punching holes for the RB and protecting the QB seem to make a huge difference.*

[spoiler]i originally wrote "But punching". LOL.[/spoiler]
    Last edited by pachyderm; 03-13-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Exciting time to be a Browns fan!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    The Vikingings had three bad records with AP, out of 9. Now they didn't win any superbowls, but they weren't horrible. The Cowboys also fell apart without Zeke. And trust me I remember the whole Richardson blunder. But the biggest difference I see is 1) Barkley ran behind a way worse line 2) BArkley ran great againsit the best Big10 defenses.
    Just looked it up. I didnít remember Minnesota being that good. My mistake on that one.

I still think a RB is a luxury pick and shouldnít be used that high unless it is the final piece. I feel a comperable talent can be taken much later.

Just looked it up. I didnít remember Minnesota being that good. My mistake on that one.

I still think a RB is a luxury pick and shouldnít be used that high unless it is the final piece. I feel a comperable talent can be taken much later.
    If they have Barkley and Michel/Guice rated super close to each other then I agree don't grab Barkley with the first. But if Barkley is rated far superior than grab him and don't reach on a QB. Now I have been pushing for Barkley because I think it makes the most sense in context. But a Chubb & Garrett duo on the defensive line would be scary good. I just don't see the Browns picking a DE two straight years

-Hue Jackson

I think Hyde changes things a bit. He can be a pretty big weapon if he's healthy. Easily better than Crowell.

A Hyde/Johnson backfield satisfies me in the short-term. I'd rather beef up another area than take Saquon Barkley. This RB class is DEEP. I think we can worry about getting another running back with a late pick.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I think Hyde changes things a bit. He can be a pretty big weapon if he's healthy. Easily better than Crowell.

A Hyde/Johnson backfield satisfies me in the short-term. I'd rather beef up another area than take Saquon Barkley. This RB class is DEEP. I think we can worry about getting another running back with a late pick.
    I do think Hyde makes things more interesting. At this point, I think the Browns take the best player avaible. I think it may end up being either Bradley Chubb or Barkley personally. But I think we are in a great spot to trade away the 4th pick

-Hue Jackson

Thank you Joe for 11 great seasons!!

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/14/1...retires-browns

-Hue Jackson

I like Penny with 64th pick instead of Barkley.

Trade up to #2 and draft Darnold and Chubb #1 and #2 and you'll have impact players on offense and defense for years to come. Draft is rich with running backs.

I honestly believe and think after all the off-season acquisitions, every pick is a luxury pick focused solely on taking the best players available at all times!!! Don't reach, stay true to your board and put the best talent on the team.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast