Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgLB51 View Post
    No Baker Mayfield please! We already lived through Money Manziel. Cannot do it again!
    He's NOTHING like Manziel on the field, and nothing like Manziel off the field. He plays with attitude and passion for sure. Manziel was just an idiot druggy.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Bro,

I loooove Baker Mayfield. He is the best prospect I've seen in awhile.

-He can make ANY throw, short or long.
    -He has tremendous arm strength (better than Manziel/Brees) and has zip on his passes.
    -Fantastic accuracy.
    -He is a pure pocket passer who looks off defenses and safeties, makes multiple reads and throws the ball in places defenders can't get to.
    -Lightning-fast release. He'll shift from read-to-read and when he sees an opening, deliver a bullet in a nano-second.
    -His decision-making is superb with great poise and footwork in the pocket who can make rushers miss.
    -Great IQ.
    -Passionate and emotional and wants to lead/win.
    -Would love to come to the Browns.

He's like a better version of Russell Wilson. One of our scouts Scot McCloughan is infatuated with him. McCloughan pushed the Seahawks to draft Wilson and Mayfield looks waaaay better.

Thing is, Mayfield isn't even all that small. He's 6'1 (Brees is 6'0, Manziel 6'0, Wilson 5'11) but with a stocky, Wilson-like build. He's a slinger like Favre was, and Favre was only 6'2. And his hand size at 9 1/2 isn't bad.

Don't just watch highlights - watch everything and compare Mayfield to Rosen and Darnold. If Mayfield was their height, he'd blow them out of the water and would be the undisputed #1 QB. He's a better QB and he's gonna be a really good QB in the NFL.
    I am not doubting Mayfields on the field skills. We just don't have a team to surround him with like Wilson or Brees had. Not to mention his arrest a year ago is a a reason to look further into his character

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

A.J. McCarron is now a valid option... Do the Browns just go all in for him, or try and chase Cousins? My gut says if Haley is comfortable with McCarron, then the Browns zero in on him from the start.

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

I'm a Vikings fan (obviously) but I was born in Ohio and my entire family is full of Browns fans. I've always considered the Browns my second team. I have some thoughts on this off season I would like to share:

The front office is now made up of a lot of former Green Bay guys. The Packers have always been a team that built through the draft and used their cash to keep their own guys. I think this is a model the Browns should use. However, I give an exception to signing Cousins.

Cousins is likely to get 25-30 million a year annually with 90 plus in guarantees. He's not worth that money but the contract won't be so bad in a few years when the cap goes up and other QBs pass him. His contract will be palatable for a team like Cleveland. We all know he isn't a top QB but the real question with him is whether he more like the 8th best QB or the 14th. Regardless of where he stands, he'll provide the Browns with stability at the position for the first time since Kosar.

With that being said, the main reasons why I would like to see Cousins in Cleveland is because of the possibilities that open up with the QB position stable. The #1 overall pick becomes a potential bidding war. Any team who loves Rosen or Darnold will be willing to give up draft capital to move up. This allows the Browns to acquire more picks, early picks at that, and continue to fill out the roster. For example, if the Jets want to move up from 6 the price tag likely includes a first round pick next year and a 2nd round pick this year. Hell they could even move the 4th pick if a team loves Mayfield or Allen. Adding Cousins and moving the top pick to acquire more picks really gives the Browns a chance to compete very quickly.

I'm not a fan of taking a RB in the top 10. No RB taken in the top 10 has won a SB since Jamal Lewis and the last leading rusher to win a SB was Terrell Davis. So I'm not going to include Barkley in any potential scenarios but the Browns could do something like this:

4: Minkah Fitzpatrick S/CB
    6: Calvin Ridley WR
    33: Arden Key DE
    35: Derrius Guice RB
    37: Tarvarus McFadden CB
    64: Chukwuma Okorafor RT

There are a number of routes they could go in the draft but this is just something off the top of my head that would be interesting. I really like the possibilities the Browns have in the draft if they can get Cousins in town.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm a Vikings fan (obviously) but I was born in Ohio and my entire family is full of Browns fans. I've always considered the Browns my second team. I have some thoughts on this off season I would like to share:

The front office is now made up of a lot of former Green Bay guys. The Packers have always been a team that built through the draft and used their cash to keep their own guys. I think this is a model the Browns should use. However, I give an exception to signing Cousins.

Cousins is likely to get 25-30 million a year annually with 90 plus in guarantees. He's not worth that money but the contract won't be so bad in a few years when the cap goes up and other QBs pass him. His contract will be palatable for a team like Cleveland. We all know he isn't a top QB but the real question with him is whether he more like the 8th best QB or the 14th. Regardless of where he stands, he'll provide the Browns with stability at the position for the first time since Kosar.

With that being said, the main reasons why I would like to see Cousins in Cleveland is because of the possibilities that open up with the QB position stable. The #1 overall pick becomes a potential bidding war. Any team who loves Rosen or Darnold will be willing to give up draft capital to move up. This allows the Browns to acquire more picks, early picks at that, and continue to fill out the roster. For example, if the Jets want to move up from 6 the price tag likely includes a first round pick next year and a 2nd round pick this year. Hell they could even move the 4th pick if a team loves Mayfield or Allen. Adding Cousins and moving the top pick to acquire more picks really gives the Browns a chance to compete very quickly.

I'm not a fan of taking a RB in the top 10. No RB taken in the top 10 has won a SB since Jamal Lewis and the last leading rusher to win a SB was Terrell Davis. So I'm not going to include Barkley in any potential scenarios but the Browns could do something like this:

4: Minkah Fitzpatrick S/CB
    6: Calvin Ridley WR
    33: Arden Key DE
    35: Derrius Guice RB
    37: Tarvarus McFadden CB
    64: Chukwuma Okorafor RT

There are a number of routes they could go in the draft but this is just something off the top of my head that would be interesting. I really like the possibilities the Browns have in the draft if they can get Cousins in town.
    I would love Cousins, but my money is on McCarron. Either way I would be happy. Obivously Cousins is proven, and has way more experience. But I don't want to hand out a massive contractct to a guy, and not have a established team around him. And I agree, I think we won't make that many big signings. I hope we can go out and grab a a solid DT and a couple veterans to provide leadership in the locker room. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract Josh Gordon gets. I would love to see a long term deal, that is heavily incentive based for the first two seasons. If he stays clean through that then we will be good.

And I agree, having a great RB won't win you a championship. But having an all star running back
    allows for a below elite QB to win you a championship. This would be an ideal dream sceniaro but I would love to trade down one spot with the Giants. Get the #2 and #34. Grab Barkley with the #2. Then trade our #4 for the Jet's #6 and #37, so they can get Mayfield or Rosen. Grab Fitzpatrick at #6.

#2- Saquon Barkley, RB
    #6- Minkah Fitzpatrick S
    #33- Isaiah Oliver, CB
    #34- Kolton Miller, T
    #35- Isaiah Wynn, G
    #37- Maurice Hurst, DE
    #64- Tarvarus McFadden, CB
    #65- Troy Fumagalli, TE
    #97- Jaylen Samuels, FB
    #120- Jaleel Scott, WR
    #129- Dre Bailey, DT
    #160- Johnny Townsend, P
    #191- Jarvion Franklin, RB

-Hue Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I would love Cousins, but my money is on McCarron. Either way I would be happy. Obivously Cousins is proven, and has way more experience. But I don't want to hand out a massive contractct to a guy, and not have a established team around him. And I agree, I think we won't make that many big signings. I hope we can go out and grab a a solid DT and a couple veterans to provide leadership in the locker room. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract Josh Gordon gets. I would love to see a long term deal, that is heavily incentive based for the first two seasons. If he stays clean through that then we will be good.

And I agree, having a great RB won't win you a championship. But having an all star running back
    allows for a below elite QB to win you a championship.
    This would be an ideal dream sceniaro but I would love to trade down one spot with the Giants. Get the #2 and #34. Grab Barkley with the #2. Then trade our #4 for the Jet's #6 and #37, so they can get Mayfield or Rosen. Grab Fitzpatrick at #6.

#2- Saquon Barkley, RB
    #6- Minkah Fitzpatrick S
    #33- Isaiah Oliver, CB
    #34- Kolton Miller, T
    #35- Isaiah Wynn, G
    #37- Maurice Hurst, DE
    #64- Tarvarus McFadden, CB
    #65- Troy Fumagalli, TE
    #97- Jaylen Samuels, FB
    #120- Jaleel Scott, WR
    #129- Dre Bailey, DT
    #160- Johnny Townsend, P
    #191- Jarvion Franklin, RB
    If the Browns do sign Cousins they will have an establish team around him. I disagree with you there. Joe Thomas would come back so the blind side is protected. He'll have a potentially elite #1 receiver in Josh Gordon. Corey Coleman and Njoku still have question marks around them but their super talented. Duke is good play maker out of the back field. Really besides a QB the biggest thing the Browns need is a RT. Both guards and center are set. If the Browns do sign Cousins and then trade the 1st pick, you could very realistically have this offense around him:

Joe Thomas-Joel Bitonio-J.C. Tretter-Kevin Zeitler-rookie/FA
    Kirk Cousins
    Duke Johnson and a draft pick
    Josh Gordon-Calvin Ridley-Corey Coleman-David Njoku

That can quickly become a top offense in the league. A big issue the Browns had last season was Kizer constantly turning the ball over and no play makers until Gordon came back. A full season of Gordon, potentially draft Ridley who I love, Njoku taking a step forward and hoping Coleman stays healthy should give the team plenty of weapons.

As for Barkley, I watched the Vikings for years try to patch average QBs around Adrian Peterson and it never worked. Anytime AP was limited the game was practically over. It wasn't until Favre came to town that the Vikings had a legit chance to win a title. IMO it's a huge mistake to invest heavily into a RB. David Johnson and Leveon Bell are 2 of the RBs in the league and were drafted outside of the 1st round. Hunt lead the league in rushing as a 3rd round pick. Shady, Jordan Howard, Devonta Freeman, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Demarco Murray and so on were drafted outside of the first round. Barkley is a great talent but the RB position can be fixed so easily. Getting a Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, or Kerryon Johnson in the 2nd/3rd round has more value IMO.

Reggie Bush was the last RB picked in the top 10 to win a SB and he was mostly a bust. Plus they had Drew Brees, the guy who really won them that SB. Prior to that was Jamal Lewis in 2000 and Baltimore had one of the best defenses ever. The recipe for success just isn't there with investing in top RBs. You're better off taking Bradley Cubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick or Calvin Ridley or Orlando Brown Jr. or whoever they really like.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

If the Browns do sign Cousins they will have an establish team around him. I disagree with you there. Joe Thomas would come back so the blind side is protected. He'll have a potentially elite #1 receiver in Josh Gordon. Corey Coleman and Njoku still have question marks around them but their super talented. Duke is good play maker out of the back field. Really besides a QB the biggest thing the Browns need is a RT. Both guards and center are set. If the Browns do sign Cousins and then trade the 1st pick, you could very realistically have this offense around him:

Joe Thomas-Joel Bitonio-J.C. Tretter-Kevin Zeitler-rookie/FA
    Kirk Cousins
    Duke Johnson and a draft pick
    Josh Gordon-Calvin Ridley-Corey Coleman-David Njoku

That can quickly become a top offense in the league. A big issue the Browns had last season was Kizer constantly turning the ball over and no play makers until Gordon came back. A full season of Gordon, potentially draft Ridley who I love, Njoku taking a step forward and hoping Coleman stays healthy should give the team plenty of weapons.
    Even with Joe Thomas our center through the right side is weak. Josh Gordon is amazing, when he isn't suspended. Njoku and Coleman will hopefully develop more. Along with no real running back, and a defense lacking a real secondary. It's far from an established team.

As for Barkley, I watched the Vikings for years try to patch average QBs around Adrian Peterson and it never worked. Anytime AP was limited the game was practically over. It wasn't until Favre came to town that the Vikings had a legit chance to win a title. IMO it's a huge mistake to invest heavily into a RB. David Johnson and Leveon Bell are 2 of the RBs in the league and were drafted outside of the 1st round. Hunt lead the league in rushing as a 3rd round pick. Shady, Jordan Howard, Devonta Freeman, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Demarco Murray and so on were drafted outside of the first round. Barkley is a great talent but the RB position can be fixed so easily. Getting a Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, or Kerryon Johnson in the 2nd/3rd round has more value IMO.

Reggie Bush was the last RB picked in the top 10 to win a SB and he was mostly a bust. Plus they had Drew Brees, the guy who really won them that SB. Prior to that was Jamal Lewis in 2000 and Baltimore had one of the best defenses ever. The recipe for success just isn't there with investing in top RBs. You're better off taking Bradley Cubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick or Calvin Ridley or Orlando Brown Jr. or whoever they really like.
    Peterson gave you guys a chance to win, even with subpar QB's. Not saying we don't need a QB, but Barkley would help our team. I do love Chubb though, pairing him with Shelton and Garrett would be scary. I would love a Chubb and Fitzpatrick duo, but I feel like we will split the picks on both sides of the ball

-Hue Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    Even with Joe Thomas our center through the right side is weak. Josh Gordon is amazing, when he isn't suspended. Njoku and Coleman will hopefully develop more. Along with no real running back, and a defense lacking a real secondary. It's far from an established team.

Peterson gave you guys a chance to win, even with subpar QB's. Not saying we don't need a QB, but Barkley would help our team. I do love Chubb though, pairing him with Shelton and Garrett would be scary. I would love a Chubb and Fitzpatrick duo, but I feel like we will split the picks on both sides of the ball
    RT is weak but the rest is good. Tretter is a good center and Zeitler is a very good guard. If RT can be fixed, maybe Orlando Brown, Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey in round 1, this o-line could easily be a top 10 unit. Also, I should have clarified in my previous post but I was only referring to the offense when I meant established talent. I believe the Browns would be even more compelled to draft someone like Ridley if they did dish out big cash corn Cousins. I just think that gets you to being a competitor a lot faster than drafting a rookie and signing a bridge QB. Btw I also hate the idea of letting a rookie QB sit. To me, to get better, you need to be on the field. If the Eagles kept Bradford and let Wentz sit I highly doubt their SB champs right now. Which angers me to think about because it coulda been the Vikings but whatever.

I do agree AP gave us a chance to win each week but without Favre we won 0 playoff games with him as the center piece. Each time game he was the focus. Philly, GB, and Seattle limited him and we lost each game because our passing game wasnít built to play from behind. Youíre playing with fire doing that. In this draft give me Chubb at 4 and Guice in the 2nd over Barkley and whoever else they might take.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

https://www.ndtscouting.com/crabbs-f...-no-easy-task/
    I think people under value Barkley him and Duke would be Electric.
    That being said like I did with Carr, Russell Wilson, And Dak I like guys later in this draft. I like Penny and Mason Rudolph. in the second. But this is how the draft will prob go.
    Rosen is to much of a talent to pass on even if doesnt really want to be here. They will hope that changes hes the most complete passer, and really close to a Matt ryan so no way Browns pass on him. With Rosen gone teams will be trying to move up after the Giants take Darnold. Knowing Jets and Broncos go after a young QB Brwns trade knowing Barkley will be there @6. Or trade for the Bills at 21 and 22.

How it will go:

1.Josh Rosen 6.Saquon Barkley
    33.Tarvarus McFadden
    35.Chukwuma Okorafor
    64.Marcus Allen
    65.Mason Cole

How I'd play it:
    6.Denzel Ward
    21.Orlando Brown
    22.Rashaan Evans or Ronnie Harrison
    33.Mason Rudolph
    35.James Washington
    64.Rashaad Penny
    Last edited by carlessyen; 02-24-2018 at 10:42 AM.

I disagree with the notion that the Browns are gonna try to conserve money. I think we're gonna spend a TON of it in free agency.

I think Cousins will be the top priority and we're gonna throw a nasty amount of money at him. AS WE SHOULD. Cousins is a top 10'ish QB in the league. You go hard after him and if you sign him it'll paint the picture for the draft. If we can sign Cousins and 1 of either Lamarcus Joyner or Trumaine Johnson, it'll be the best free agency we've ever had.

If we sign Cousins there will be some teams that pay a TON of assets to trade up for Rosen/Darnold. It'll essentially be a bidding war. We could clean house. Depending on how much hype these QBs accumulate from now until the draft, we could potentially pull off a heist on the level of what the Rams got for trading down and passing on RG3.

We could trade down from our 1st and snatch Chubbs with #4 along with someone like Sutton. Sutton is gonna be THE truth. Gordon/Coleman/Sutton/Njoku would be SCARY for opposing defenses.

Then we can round out our team in the 2nd round. We can take Kolton Miller, one of Mike Hughes or Ronnie Harrison/Justin Reid (depending on what free agent we sign), and a guy like Derrius Guice.

Thomas/Bitonio/Tretter/Zeitler/Miller
    Cousins/Kizer
    Guice/Johnson
    Gordon/Coleman/Sutton/Telfer
    Njoku/DeValve/Telfer

There's your offense right there.

Defense is highlighted by Shelton, Ogbah, Collins, Garrett, Chubbs, TrumaineORJoyner, Peppers, SHOWbert.

Most of 'em are very young and talented, and we'll have future assets in draft picks from trading down.

This is the most pivotal offseason in a loooooooong time, boys.

Then you look at Baltimore who seems to have hit a wall and their existing talent is getting older. Cincinnati is capsizing, and the Squeelers are peaking but will soon come crashing down, especially when Ben retires.

Things are looking so good.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 02-26-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    The Baker is coming.

RT is weak but the rest is good. Tretter is a good center and Zeitler is a very good guard. If RT can be fixed, maybe Orlando Brown, Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey in round 1, this o-line could easily be a top 10 unit. Also, I should have clarified in my previous post but I was only referring to the offense when I meant established talent. I believe the Browns would be even more compelled to draft someone like Ridley if they did dish out big cash corn Cousins. I just think that gets you to being a competitor a lot faster than drafting a rookie and signing a bridge QB. Btw I also hate the idea of letting a rookie QB sit. To me, to get better, you need to be on the field. If the Eagles kept Bradford and let Wentz sit I highly doubt their SB champs right now. Which angers me to think about because it coulda been the Vikings but whatever.

I do agree AP gave us a chance to win each week but without Favre we won 0 playoff games with him as the center piece. Each time game he was the focus. Philly, GB, and Seattle limited him and we lost each game because our passing game wasnít built to play from behind. Youíre playing with fire doing that. In this draft give me Chubb at 4 and Guice in the 2nd over Barkley and whoever else they might take.
    I hate the idea of letting a rookie sit as well. And I would say with a better RT and JT coming back, we would have maybe a top 15 line. I want the Browns to address the majority of the defense though. That secondary is scary bad, and we lack a DE on the opposite side of Garrett. If the Browns were going to grab Chubb with the first or second pick, I would be cool with that But if not, I think Barkley is a great talent, that does fill a hole

-Hue Jackson

Penn State RB Saquon Barkley at 2018 Combine:

- Stronger than Joe Thomas
    - Quicker than DeSean Jackson
    - Faster than Devin Hester
    - Jumps higher than Julio Jones
    Tweet from NFL Research

I really feel like this kid is super special

-Hue Jackson

Browns better sign Barkley #1, because if they don't, then I believe that the Giants will nab him at #2. So, if they want Barkley that much, they'd better not trade down from #1.

I been thinking about browns. Always pull for them to turn it around.....as raiders fan I'm a sucker for punishment.... That being said. I like the thought of signing AJ McCarron and using top 2 picks to get beast players. Barkley and Chubb or Barkley and Fitzpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    I been thinking about browns. Always pull for them to turn it around.....as raiders fan I'm a sucker for punishment.... That being said. I like the thought of signing AJ McCarron and using top 2 picks to get beast players. Barkley and Chubb or Barkley and Fitzpatrick.
    Thanks man, mybest friend is a Raiders fan so I appreciate you.

I have been going on and one about Barkey. The more I see, the more I like him. I would be estatic if Chubb was there at 4, but I think Fitzpatrick is the realistic option

-Hue Jackson

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast