Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I would trade him for a half eaten bologna sandwich!
    The team is playing hard today. They could have mailed it in but they are competing. That says something about Bowles, it shows the guys want to play for him.

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The team is playing hard today. They could have mailed it in but they are competing. That says something about Bowles, it shows the guys want to play for him.
    You're joking right? They lost by 20. I feel bad dude. You're like a battered fan, always making excuses for your abusive team. He is 20-28 as a coach, back to back 5-11 seasons, and now that is supposed to be acceptable to us. You can be fine with it, I am not. I know you're a Yankee fan too, for the Yankees, winning is the only option, they got rid of Girardi after making it to game 7 of the ALCS for goodness sake! Once again, we all need to stop with this loser mentality and start expecting more from this organization!

You're joking right? They lost by 20. I feel bad dude. You're like a battered fan, always making excuses for your abusive team. He is 20-28 as a coach, back to back 5-11 seasons, and now that is supposed to be acceptable to us. You can be fine with it, I am not. I know you're a Yankee fan too, for the Yankees, winning is the only option, they got rid of Girardi after making it to game 7 of the ALCS for goodness sake! Once again, we all need to stop with this loser mentality and start expecting more from this organization!
    100%. I wonder what all these apologists are going to say after the draft, when instead of drafting a QB, WR, OT or C in first couple of rounds, Mac and Bowles draft two CBs.

This!

god this forum has went to schitttttttt, there once was a time when we had great posters. This is a joke, bowles has done very will with what he was given. Same with Mac, those who say otherwise are tripping if you think we can attract a great coach to come here with no weapons or QB at all. No gruden or mcdaniels will come here with no QB, Ohhhhhhh btw doe you guys remember what McDaniels did to denver?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    god this forum has went to schitttttttt, there once was a time when we had great posters. This is a joke, bowles has done very will with what he was given. Same with Mac, those who say otherwise are tripping if you think we can attract a great coach to come here with no weapons or QB at all. No gruden or mcdaniels will come here with no QB, Ohhhhhhh btw doe you guys remember what McDaniels did to denver?
    So expecting your team makes sound decisions and actually makes the playoffs makes us bad posters and the forum has gone to schitttt? Please pal, you can accept this crap if you want, most of us are disgusted and fed up. Granted, Bowles did not have a talented team this year, but he's gone 5-11 in consecutive years, and we haven't made the playoffs in 7 years now. I'm glad that's acceptable for you as a fan, but I'm embarrassed and pretty fed up. There was no need to extend this guy. I'm tired of hearing the whole "they played hard" nonsense. They were 5-11 and lost 9 of their last 11 games. If you're "great posters" are fine with this level of success, then I rather be a horrible poster who actually wants to be able to see my team play a post season game for the first time in nearly a decade!

So expecting your team makes sound decisions and actually makes the playoffs makes us bad posters and the forum has gone to schitttt? Please pal, you can accept this crap if you want, most of us are disgusted and fed up. Granted, Bowles did not have a talented team this year, but he's gone 5-11 in consecutive years, and we haven't made the playoffs in 7 years now. I'm glad that's acceptable for you as a fan, but I'm embarrassed and pretty fed up. There was no need to extend this guy. I'm tired of hearing the whole "they played hard" nonsense. They were 5-11 and lost 9 of their last 11 games. If you're "great posters" are fine with this level of success, then I rather be a horrible poster who actually wants to be able to see my team play a post season game for the first time in nearly a decade!

No YOU are not understanding, this was an over acheiveing group who have been well coached and held accountable. They fought hard all year unlike last year. And have made progress, and that is something us fans have not had in a long time. You want to rebuild and rebuild coach after coach until we strike lighting in a bottle? With a decent QB and a few more pieces this is a playoff team. We were almost there year 1 of a rebuild. Donít be that guy, we have a good thing going. To say Iím not a fan because we finally have a good thing going and some continuity your trippin bud.
    Last edited by scopepts; 12-31-2017 at 09:38 PM.

No YOU are not understanding, this was an over acheiveing group who have been well coached and held accountable. They fought hard all year unlike last year. And have made progress, and that is something us fans have not had in a long time. You want to rebuild and rebuild coach after coach until we strike lighting in a bottle? With a decent QB and a few more pieces this is a playoff team. We were almost there year 1 of a rebuild. Donít be that guy, we have a good thing going. To say Iím not a fan because we finally have a good thing going and some continuity your trippin bud.
    Just to be clear, I would never question your or anybody else's fandom. We're all big Jet fans, I agree that continuity is a good thing, and yes, they played better then most would have expected, all I'm saying is, I've been watching Bowles for three years now, and I just don't see him having that "It" factor as a head coach, he literally has zero personality, which doesn't bode well in NY. The thing that got me fired up was when you guys are settling for "they played hard". Every professional athlete should play hard, if that's all we can say about Bowles, then I think it's time to move on. Anyway, Happy New Year Scopepts! And Happy New Year to all my fellow Jet fans out there....let's hope 2018 brings us all success!

Just to be clear, I would never question your or anybody else's fandom. We're all big Jet fans, I agree that continuity is a good thing, and yes, they played better then most would have expected, all I'm saying is, I've been watching Bowles for three years now, and I just don't see him having that "It" factor as a head coach, he literally has zero personality, which doesn't bode well in NY. The thing that got me fired up was when you guys are settling for "they played hard". Every professional athlete should play hard, if that's all we can say about Bowles, then I think it's time to move on. Anyway, Happy New Year Scopepts! And Happy New Year to all my fellow Jet fans out there....let's hope 2018 brings us all success!
    Happy new year to you too, but playing hard for your coach plays into a winning team. I mean look at last years team, the quit on the field. This group of guys played every single snap, and that is all on Bowles. He changed the culture and put together a squad of scrubs that should have won more games. I happen to like his demeanor, do we really need a Rex Ryan at the podium?

In 2018 we keep the winning nucleus and add more talent via draft and 80 million in cap room. Letís be honest here, this defense is one or two outside pass rushers away from being very good.

Happy new year to you too, but playing hard for your coach plays into a winning team. I mean look at last years team, the quit on the field. This group of guys played every single snap, and that is all on Bowles. He changed the culture and put together a squad of scrubs that should have won more games. I happen to like his demeanor, do we really need a Rex Ryan at the podium?

In 2018 we keep the winning nucleus and add more talent via draft and 80 million in cap room. Letís be honest here, this defense is one or two outside pass rushers away from being very good.
    We need 2 outside pass rushers and 2 cornerbacks on defense, but the offense needs an entire overhaul. We have underperformance at Center and need a stud left tackle for the future. We have no QB, need a running back and wide receivers.

Management is stupid for its drafting of Hackenberg and signing of McCowen. Bowles is even worse for not even giving Hackenberg a rep in the final game. McCowen bought us 2 extra wins and ruined our draft position by at least two spots and it might cost us a QB.

The best players on this team are the safeties and the kicker.

I hope somebody wakes the L up soon.

First, the Yankees didn't get rid of Girardi for that loss. That is an asinine statement.
    The Jets lost by 20 with no QB. I actually think with the way their offense was, it's amazing they only lost by that much.
    The rest of your post is equally as foolish.
    Where did I say the losing is acceptable? What I said was i am glad they extended him. He has flaws but he has improved. I also said that I would rather keep and give him next year with a better team, than search for another coach with another philosophy and start over, again.

This team was supposed to go 0-16 but were very competitive in almost every game. If you aren't seeing that, you aren't watching the games.
    I would also guess if the Jets were 9-7 and missed the playoffs, you would be freaking out about how stupid of an organization they are.
    You want to lose for draft picks but not lose for your "fandom"?
    So who would you choose for HC? Who do you think would take the job?

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We need 2 outside pass rushers and 2 cornerbacks on defense, but the offense needs an entire overhaul. We have underperformance at Center and need a stud left tackle for the future. We have no QB, need a running back and wide receivers.

Management is stupid for its drafting of Hackenberg and signing of McCowen. Bowles is even worse for not even giving Hackenberg a rep in the final game. McCowen bought us 2 extra wins and ruined our draft position by at least two spots and it might cost us a QB.

The best players on this team are the safeties and the kicker.

I hope somebody wakes the L up soon.
    I agree about not letting Hack play. That was silly.
    I disagree about what we need. If we keep Claiborn, we need one CB. We need one pass rusher. One really good one will open up the middle rush and draw attention so the opposite side can also be productive.
    We definitely need 2-3 good offensive lineman and a QB.
    with Mo gone, the jets should have around 100 mil. You can address many of the needs with that money. I think you can get your O-line taken care of and also get a top notch CB and PR.

Jakes new Baseball Card

I would have understood and agreed with firing Bowles last year. He lost the team. This year he did so much more with much less. I think the players are buying into what he's trying to build. That's why I give him next year to show he's legit. If the jets spend the money and upgrade Oline and Pass rush and they still end up with a losing record, he should go.

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    First, the Yankees didn't get rid of Girardi for that loss. That is an asinine statement.
    The Jets lost by 20 with no QB. I actually think with the way their offense was, it's amazing they only lost by that much.
    The rest of your post is equally as foolish.
    Where did I say the losing is acceptable? What I said was i am glad they extended him. He has flaws but he has improved. I also said that I would rather keep and give him next year with a better team, than search for another coach with another philosophy and start over, again.

This team was supposed to go 0-16 but were very competitive in almost every game. If you aren't seeing that, you aren't watching the games.
    I would also guess if the Jets were 9-7 and missed the playoffs, you would be freaking out about how stupid of an organization they are.
    You want to lose for draft picks but not lose for your "fandom"?
    So who would you choose for HC? Who do you think would take the job?
    I just needed to respond to that. I never said Girardi was fired for losing Game 7, he was let go because of the way he handled certain players, in particular Gary Sanchez. I am a highly educated fan, so I am sorry if my post was a bit confusing. My point was, if Girardi can get let go (regardless of some of his communication problems) after making it to Game 7 of the ALCS, then what collateral does Bowles have that would warrant giving him another chance. I get what you're saying and yes, they were a lot more competitive then we thought they would be, but 5-11 in consecutive years isn't what we should settle for. I say go after Jack Del Rio!

Now if you will excuse me, I need to drink some gatorade to get rid of this hangover and put in some Bowl bets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast