Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norman Powell

Norman Powell

What's up with him this season?

He was described as straight line driver and now defenses have adjusted. You can tell Casey is losing trust. He didn't play in the first half against OKC.

So far it's been a lot of turnovers from driving into traffic. Hopefully he can figure it out, but it's been a down season thus far.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

he's so reckless and i think him falling out of the rotation is deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32067967
    he's so reckless and i think him falling out of the rotation is deserved
    Yeah I agree. He needs to work himself back in. The Raptors will need him to improve. He has to find his niche, right now he's all over the place.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

One thing I like about him is he always attacks the rim with no fear but that is also his undoing as he forces things too much. He should learn how to kick it out once in a while ala FVV and Wright. His 3 point shooting has been **** too but I still like his defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll:32068001
    One thing I like about him is he always attacks the rim with no fear but that is also his undoing as he forces things too much. He should learn how to kick it out once in a while ala FVV and Wright. His 3 point shooting has been **** too but I still like his defense though.
    He's kind of robotic when he attacks. Once he sees a lane, his entire focus is on finishing and as soon as he senses trouble, he tries to pass out, but it's too late.

I'd like to see him attack just to create for others, then maybe he won't see as much congestion in the paint.

overall, overrated by fans.

I think he needs to focus on his 3's. that will get him back into the rotation and open things up for his drives.

At this point i would be open to packaging his salary to upgrade somewhere but that cant happen until next season.

The man only knows 1 speed right now. He should learn to slow down as he gets older and will be more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32068169
    The man only knows 1 speed right now. He should learn to slow down as he gets older and will be more effective.
    Yeah that's what I kind of meant by robotic.

It's also like when Val has the ball on his roll to the basket and there is big waiting to draw the charge. You can see it a mile away but you know he won't adjust.
    Last edited by aman_13; 12-29-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah that's what I kind of meant by robotic.

It's also like when Val has the ball on his roll to the basket and there is big waiting to draw the charge. You can see it a mile away but you know he won't adjust.
    He seems like a smart kid so once he'll figure it out at some point. I'm more worried about him not making all his wide open 3s right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32068238
    He seems like a smart kid so once he'll figure it out at some point. I'm more worried about him not making all his wide open 3s right now.
    He hasn't really shot the ball well since his rookie year. Last year he shot 32% from three on 2.3 attempts and this year he's at 30% on 3.2.

It's just his game is all over the place. Sometimes he's in attack mode, other times he's standing behind the three point line. There hasn't been much consistency to his style of play.

Although he was on fire in the playoffs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    He hasn't really shot the ball well since his rookie year. Last year he shot 32% from three on 2.3 attempts and this year he's at 30% on 3.2.

It's just his game is all over the place. Sometimes he's in attack mode, other times he's standing behind the three point line. There hasn't been much consistency to his style of play.
    Right now I just want him to make his shots since that's what we need right now.

I think once he learns how to play without the ball, his attacking game will benefit from it since he will have to decide when to attack if the defender is late, when to take the open shot, and when to swing the ball when the defense switches. Because right now, it seems like the second he gets the ball, he's going to try and beat his man right away.

Just a theory, but perhaps too much success too soon. It probably created a level of expectation that was too hard to live up to. Over the course of 24 months though, he went from 2nd round draft pick and an afterthought to someone extended one a large contract, who is recognized by fans, other teams, advertisers, etc.

His shot has fallen off which doesn't help anything. It is hard to let the game come to you and play a lesser role if you aren't shooting well. Robotics is a good term - he just looks like he is trying to force things. He needs to make some adjustments to his game and focus on shooting more.

Ross was better at 10 mill per. Maybe we can do a swap with the magic when we’re allowed to. Ross is Injured but id still do it ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast