Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where does Yu Darvish sign?

Trying to get some discussion going in the MLB forum, so lets take a look at Darvish on the FA market. There are lots of rumors around Darvish, and he's met with the Cubs, Astros and Rangers, with the Dodgers also potentially interested in a reunion. In addition, the Twins also have interest......Darvish does not lack suitors for sure. So where does Darvish end up to start the 2018 season?

A Texas team. My guess is Rangers

Yankees , 7 man rotation
    #BringBackMatty

Twins with the Astros being a darkhorse. I cant see a Rangers reunion.

I think Dodgers have moved on from Darvish and will land either Cobb or Arrieta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cubs or Angels

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Cubs with the Angels as 1B.
    Screw sabermetics.

Seattle. Cuz why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Cubs

Cubs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rumors of the Yankees being interested. I could see it coming together. Lot of talk about them trying to move Ellsbury but finding no takers. Them trying to move Clint Frazier for another starter but teams wanting Gleyber Torres as a centerpiece.

So instead, what if they moved Brett Gardner? Reasonable deal this year with a reasonable option for next year. I'd think they could find a taker for him even if it's just to clear salary without much in return. And he doesn't have a NTC to deal with. Then you call up Frazier and roll with him and Ellsbury platooning in LF with Hicks/Judge/Stanton locked in for CF/RF/DH. Trading Gardner would free up $13M of luxury tax room.

They could also trade Adam Warren, projected to make $3.1M in arbitration. They could use Luis Cessa or Jordan Montgomery as the long man and be just fine (I think they'd leave Monty in AAA to build innings up if he gets displaced in the starting 5 by a Darvish signing though).

Supposedly they have about $15-20M to spend under the tax now. Gardner and Warren would be a combined $16.1M freed up. So now they have room to sign Darvish to a $20M+ AAV type contract.

Not sure I see it because if you lose Gardner make LF another weak spot now you have 3 with 2B/3B also question marks. I think they'd be fine though. Gleyber Torres (great prospect), Clint Frazier (good prospect) and Miguel Andujar (solid prospect) are all legit enough to get a shot IMO. Ellsbury is overpaid but he's still a solid MLB outfielder so him playing rotationally isn't a bad thing at all, even if he's very overpaid. And then they could probably get a guy like Chase Utley dirt cheap to play a neutral defensive 2B and give league average offense against righties to fill in rotationally.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Cubs.

Darvish will end up signing with the Astros if they aren't scared to open up the pocketbooks, but I could see him using his leverage to up the price with teams like the Yanks and Cubs involved, smart biz move for him and he will be paid soon by one of those teams and my darkhorse teams are Angels and possibly Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Darvish will end up signing with the Astros if they aren't scared to open up the pocketbooks, but I could see him using his leverage to up the price with teams like the Yanks and Cubs involved, smart biz move for him and he will be paid soon by one of those teams and my darkhorse teams are Angels and possibly Mariners
    Would be a nice move for the Angels if they could swing it. They've made some improvements of late and with Darvish they could be viable PO contenders (if not already).
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Bucs
    #BringBackMatty

Red Sox are certainly not a favorite to sign Darvish, but I could see it coming together if Trader Dave makes some moves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast