Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Back to trades...Anthony Duclair is open to trade...I wonder if they would do something like Nyquist for Duclair+2nd....We take a lot of risk for the extra second and maybe we throw like a 4th in there to even out to draft picks?

I feel like an idiot asking this but is there any market for Z at all?

Im sure there is, we wouldn't get a great return because of his contract, but he would still be a solid complimentary peace on a playoff team where he doesn't have to shoulder as much load as he does here. Im sure some teams would want some assurances from him and his agent with all the rumors he won't finish his contract and cap recapture....But it would be 100% Z's call at this point. Stick it out and play for the only team you ever have and are the captain of and ride off into the dim sunset, or go try for another cup somewhere.

As far as value goes...I am not sure what it would even be because of the potential cap recapture....

Z will finish this season and then retire after next. He's retiring a Red Wing. I really do think he kills possession.

I like Duclair. I'd be game for that. Speaking of Ras, out 6-8 weeks with a broken wrist.

Was it broken? I heard he could still play through the injury so I was guessing it was Ligament damage which is what relay concerns me. Two years in a row with wrist injuries.

Also read today that Carolina is shopping for a offensive top 9 forward...So my Nyquist trade is a possibility

Also your Jimmy or Petr to NYI makes more sense. Read they are still shopping for a goalie.

What teams do we think are going to want to trade for Green? Would be fun to get a list and see the possibilities.
    Last edited by pidg88; 12-30-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Was it broken? I heard he could still play through the injury so I was guessing it was Ligament damage which is what relay concerns me. Two years in a row with wrist injuries.
    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ist/989837001/

Re-broke it. Wrist injuries linger. I had a broken wrist when I was 13 I believe and noticed that wrist being weaker for many years.

Also read today that Carolina is shopping for a offensive top 9 forward...So my Nyquist trade is a possibility

Also your Jimmy or Petr to NYI makes more sense. Read they are still shopping for a goalie.

What teams do we think are going to want to trade for Green? Would be fun to get a list and see the possibilities.
    Gus could make some sense. They have fellow Swedes in the middle in Lindholm and Rask.

I really think both goalies could make some sense. Mrazek would re-sign in NY knowing he'd be the starter too. I think he has the ability to turn it around. He's been elite at every level and his first year with Blash he was special. Last 2, awful. He's a confidence goaltender. Would prefer to move Jimmy.

Tampa Bay - Add another offensive force to back
    Toronto - D is weak, they're making the playoffs though
    BOS - Just because they're an active deadline team usually (have Carlo/McAvoy/Chara/Krug as top four though)
    St. Louis - Shattenkirk is hurting them and after the big 2 backend no offense
    Los Angeles - Adding firepower
    Dallas - Aggressive history of Nill
    Edmonton - Need D, they're not out

Could bundle Nyquist + Green (STL) or Green + Howard/Mrazek too (NYI). Isles need a D too.

I think STL has more to offer us prospect wise...in either deal it would have to be a 1st, maybe 2nd and a top 3 organization prospect.

To STL:
    Nyquist
    Green

To Detroit:
    1st
    Barbashev
    Tage Thompson

Now that is a good deal for us.

Emerson Etem on unconditional Waivers today...I know he has been awful but showed glimpses with the Ducks a while back. Super speedster. Wouldnt mind making a claim and carrying him as a 12th forward and seeing what happens.

Also almost all our prospects had a great night last night...I really think Turgeon is coming around.
    Last edited by pidg88; 12-31-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Emerson Etem on unconditional Waivers today...I know he has been awful but showed glimpses with the Ducks a while back. Super speedster. Wouldnt mind making a claim and carrying him as a 12th forward and seeing what happens.

Also almost all our prospects had a great night last night...I really think Turgeon is coming around.
    Last time I noticed him was in 12/13 in the WCQF. We have speed. I don't think that's our issue. He's been bad in the AHL. Let's not beat a dead horse there. Lorito>Etem

Hahahaha more Lorito...Im just saying add talent and see if he can find it. Worst is we have him for half a year in either the AHL and Lorito comes up or he gets a shot here. We have tons of speed now, but if AA is moved in the offseason and he can find the form he had a while ago its literally a free asset.

Also to all your other teams listed that would be good trade partners

Tampa Bay - Ive already gone over my asks for them, First Rounder, Foote is really all they have and I dont think they have interest losing Foote.
    Toronto - Liljegren is the only one who interests me here. Also their first. Like Foote, I dont think Liljegren would be on the table though. Most of their prospects worth anything have recently made the team, and I am not interested in Bracco.
    BOS - Similar to Toronto, most of their prospects worth anything have recently made the NHL. They have a first which would be the only thing that interests me. Maybe Vaakanainen, but I dont think they move him. I would say they are out for Nyquist or Green.
    St. Louis - First and the prospects I listed, other than that nothing of much value.
    Los Angeles - No one outside of Vilardi who is an absolute no move for them. 1st rounder is all.
    Dallas - This is a very interesting team for trade with. Nill likes to make moves. Heiskanen and Oettinger are untouchables. But would they move Honka for Green? If not my ask would be Hintz and Tufte, two good big centers that also play some wing. There is also a first. Green and 4th for Hintz+Tufte and a 2nd? Might be too much but love this team as a trading partner with having 3 prospects that I am very high on that are not on their untouchable list.
    Edmonton - Puljujarvi or their first. If they called and offered either for Green right now we should take it and run. Outside of that not much that really interests me, as I do not think they would move Yamamoto and I am not a big fan anyways.

Yes, I believe he is absolutely still capable of playing at that level at a high rate. I really wish Nick Lidstrom would have trained for 3-4 months and went out with the olympics. I think it would have been really cool seeing veterans playing with some of this European talent.

Brian Gionta got named to Team USA. I think Jarome Iginla will play for Canada. I'm curious of what other vets have the ability to come in and play. I mean James Wisniewski is so shot. Ryan Malone attempted a comeback to play.

Imagine a Lidstrom-Dahlin pairing.

Lidstrom-Dahlin is funny scary especially since Dahlin does play a physical game, so if he was a righty they would be a perfect pair haha.

I like Lorito, I just don't think he offers more than any other undersized, fast, playmaking winger.

Lol at the clip of Dahlin here

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...world-juniors/
    Last edited by pidg88; 01-02-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast