Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Grade Trumps first year in office

How would you grade Trumps first year in office?

So I was gonna make a poll but a stupid ad popped up and kicked me out of the poll

Standard grading from A-F

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So I was gonna make a poll but a stupid ad popped up and kicked me out of the poll

Standard grading from A-F
    I hate that stupid ad pop up but they refuse to fix it. We need some infrastructure spending here!
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

This is the only site that it happens to me

And it probably happens 60-70% of the time Iím on here

This is the only site that it happens to me

And it probably happens 60-70% of the time Iím on here
    Yea that means itís a browser or phone issue...you should see the thread in the Feedback forum.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?927610-Getting-redirected-from-site

Lol it happened while I was posting this.

Those ****ing fake Facebook/amazon ads come up multiple times when I open any forum. So many times I typed out long *** paragraphs only for them to disappear. Happens at least 10 times a day.

Make PSD Great Again.

Did we just become bipartisan? #MakePSDGreatAgain

PSD bringing the two sides together one ad at a time

It will probably shock nobody when I say that Trump deserves an F. He deserves it for many reasons I will get into. This is a good thread to make because anyone who doesn't have their head buried in the sand has an opinion about this. Trump has been a very divisive President but times have also been relatively good during his Presidency. Whether or not that will continue to be the case isn't so certain, but the world certainly didn't end because he became President. Trump has seen a number of setbacks in his first year (Russia investigation, healthcare failure, historically low approval, courts blocking his E.O's, large turnover in the administration), but also has seen some success (strong economy, Neil Gorsuch, court appointments, and tax reform).

One of the main reasons I believe Trump deserves an F is because his biggest win, tax reform, isn't really his win at all. It's Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell's. Sure he gets credit for it passing, but Trump has failed to take the lead on his own legislative agenda. Trump wanted to begin his Presidency on a $1 trillion Infrastructure bill, but was talked into repealing Obamacare because Paul Ryan wanted to start with repealing the healthcare law. Ryan wanted to begin with Obamacare repeal because it would have cut billions of dollars worth of taxes for the wealthiest Americans.

After conceding the top priority of his legislative agenda, Trump did not take the lead on healthcare. He claimed he wanted a healthcare bill that would work for everyone. He wanted everybody to be covered, and wanted to target pharmaceutical companies over drug prices. Instead of working alongside Congress and making sure what he wanted was in the bill, he allowed Paul Ryan and the House Republicans write their own bill, which had none of what he claimed he wanted. Instead of drawing up his own bill and debating/compromising with the Congress, he elected to support the bill Ryan made (a bill he later called "mean"). The reason he chose to do that was probably because he wanted to rush through healthcare so he could move on with his agenda.

When the House failed to pass Ryan's bill, he allowed Mitch McConnell to create the Senate's healthcare bill. Once again, he put the entire onus on Congress rather than being at the forefront of his own agenda. Healthcare eventually failed in the Senate too and rather than spend the entire year trying to get rid of Obamacare, Congressional Republicans, not Trump, decided it was time to move onto tax reform.

I believe Trump had more of a say on what was in the tax bill, but republicans are unanimous in wanting to always cut taxes. Paul Ryan has devoted his career to gutting the corporate tax rate and destroying Social Security/Medicare. The healthcare bill was Ryan's wet dream. Allowing Ryan and McConnell to lead the legislative agenda is a fundamental failure in leadership on Trump's part, and the biggest reason he is failing as President.

Trump has spent 1/3rd of his time in office at one his properties, and has visited his golf course at least 83 times according to Trumpgolfcount.com.. Considering he made a campaign promise to never take vacations and claimed he would never have time to golf because he would be too busy working for the people, I think it's safe to assume he was lying through his teeth. That's another area he's fundamentally failing as President, he constantly spreads false information, or as he calls it fake news, and accuses the media of the very thing he does. Trump can definitely say he's done something nobody else has, he is actively living in his own reality. Facts only matter when he decides they do, and the truth is an open debate.

Lastly, Trump has fundamentally failed as President because he is only interested in representing the people who voted for him. I believe the reason that is is because Trump has never been able to accept the fact that he lost the popular vote. He created the story about 3-5 million illegals voting because his ego can't accept it. Between banning transgender people from serving in the military to attempting to implement a religious ban on who can and can't enter the country to pulling out of the Paris Climate Accord to clearly defending the white supremacists who support him during the Charlottesville riots, he has shown he only wants to represent his base. Considering the fact that more people actually voted for him not to be President, it would be correct to say that he is a minority President, and he is representing a minority of the people.

His pettiness/crudeness and alleged sex crimes have sunk the office of the Presidency to new ethical lows but I'm not even going to get into that. The point of this is Trump has failed as President because he isn't a leader, attacks the institutions of a free democracy, and is an incessant liar who lives in his own reality. History will not be kind to him nor should it, and future generations will look on us with shame because he was elected. As Trump himself would say, SAD.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 12-28-2017 at 12:06 AM.

PSD bringing the two sides together one ad at a time
    Nah...PSD isn't bringing this cluster **** together. Quite the opposite.

Anyway, Google ad blocker. Installed it a few weeks ago, and magic....no more annoying PSD ads. Haven't seen a single one since.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

In terms of legislative accomplishments I would give him a B+. I donít think itís fair to bash him for not getting HC done but then say he doesnít deserve accomplishments for tax reform. To me that doesnít really seem fair. He made a strong SC justice heís appointed several strong lower court judges. He repealed the IM. He got anwar in the tax bill.

Economy wise itís a strong A. Heís done great in cutting back regulations. Heís signed a strong tax reform bill. GDP is up and the countryís adding jobs.

National security is a B. He hasnít done that well on NK so far but ISIS is getting defeated and they are making significant progress

Professionalism/Tweeting etc: F

This is where heís been the worst. He needs to stop name calling and dividing the country. He needs to work wit the other side more and stop lying about simple things

Overall: C+/B-

If it wasnít for his lack of professionalism it would be a B+/A-. Someone like Pence would have crushed this out of the park but at the same time without Trump none of this would have had happen

In terms of legislative accomplishments I would give him a B+. I donít think itís fair to bash him for not getting HC done but then say he doesnít deserve accomplishments for tax reform. To me that doesnít really seem fair. He made a strong SC justice heís appointed several strong lower court judges. He repealed the IM. He got anwar in the tax bill.

Economy wise itís a strong A. Heís done great in cutting back regulations. Heís signed a strong tax reform bill. GDP is up and the countryís adding jobs.

National security is a B. He hasnít done that well on NK so far but ISIS is getting defeated and they are making significant progress

Professionalism/Tweeting etc: F

This is where heís been the worst. He needs to stop name calling and dividing the country. He needs to work wit the other side more and stop lying about simple things

Overall: C+/B-

If it wasnít for his lack of professionalism it would be a B+/A-. Someone like Pence would have crushed this out of the park but at the same time without Trump none of this would have had happen
    I've decided that I don't want to respond to this thread because I am happy we had a thread where the two of us didn't argue like cats and dogs and I'd like that to be the best thing to come out of Trump's first year.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I've decided that I don't want to respond to this thread because I am happy we had a thread where the two of us didn't argue like cats and dogs and I'd like that to be the best thing to come out of Trump's first year.
    You're such a ****ing cheese ball.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Is there a grade lower than "F"?
    ďToday, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!Ē - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

I have three approaches to this:

1) As a liberal at heart: F. Just a flat out disastrous first year for middle and lower class. The muslim ban, the transgender ban, the white supremacist complacency, horrible tax bill that sends the balance back to the wealthy, opening up national lands for development that presidents of both parties have protected, pulling out of the Paris agreement, ......I honestly just had 3 more things to write which spawned into others so Iíll stop. Heís the worst president of my lifetime and a ****ing embarrassment on a global level.

2) If I weíre a conservative. Because obviously I hate him as a liberal. Hereís the truth though, if he had never sent a tweet or fumbled through an unscripted public appearance, just scripted speeches and policy wise, heís just a typical far right conservative President. Maybe a bit more right than W with his disregard for deregulation and extreme methods. If he wasnít such an idiot and disrespectful embarrassment to the Oval Office, my former republican-minded brain would give him a B on attempting to deliver on so many campaign ideas in year 1, but heís a sloppy mess so maybe a D or C.

3) Just based on the reality of the presidency and itís history, finding the political middle ground and the fact that the primary role is as a figurehead to the world....D- I mean we have a pretty divided country and he doesnít even attempt to work the middle and bridge divides which past presidents have at least pretended to do. He thrives on dividing us further and creating as much drama as possible, just as heís done for decades. I think weíve had worse. Harding was damn near treasonous and some of the proslavery pre-Lincoln guys nearly destroyed this country. But Trump could be right in that mix depending on what is discovered in the Russia investigation. At the very very least heís another Nixon; a standard corporate focused racist conservative whose own ego got in the way by obstructing justice to save his reputation.

I mean we know Flynn is guilty of crimes. We know Trump asked Comey to let it go. He then fired Comey. He admitted twice in public eye that he obstructed justice. Thatís already worse and far more obvious than Nixon, and we know maybe 5% of the facts in the investigation. So weíll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast