Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,819
    I never like Will Smith since the prince of bel air. I hate his ****ing raps as well.


    So for me watching a will smith movie is a drudge.

    So I hated him when he was the biggest money maker in Hollywood and all that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,819
    Well I ended up seeing it last night and it was alright, biggest problem I had was that it did not delve into the lore of elves and orcs too much, they just gave you some facts here and there and that was it. Then things happen to the main orc and Smith character that you wanted to see what happens now.

    But I believe they already green lit part 2, so hopefully they do it and explain more of the things it lacked in the original.

    So I give this one a 6.5/10 was entertained, but in the end it left me wanting more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomington IL
    Posts
    9,778
    I honestly kind of liked that they didn't give much background. You're introduced to the world and that's just how it is. I think they intentionally just jumped right in

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    41,346
    I didn't like that they cheapened the climax with the prophet in the back seat but the movie was a fun watch.

    Kind of reminded me of an old Kung fu flick with how many baddies got taken out. I'll watch part 2.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,250
    I love Will Smith. Any movie he's in, I'm watching regardless of reviews.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,636
    Netflix confirms a sequel already.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,082
    I enjoyed it. A lot of people I know didn't like it. But then again, it doesn't take much to impress me lol.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic:32085799
    I enjoyed it. A lot of people I know didn't like it. But then again, it doesn't take much to impress me lol.
    Yeah I don't analyze movies, for me it is a nice distractions for a couple of hours
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    36,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I never like Will Smith since the prince of bel air. I hate his ****ing raps as well.


    So for me watching a will smith movie is a drudge.

    So I hated him when he was the biggest money maker in Hollywood and all that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I liked him when he was the Fresh Prince, Will Smith as a serious/action actor sucks as do his movies. I never understood the appeal and can't take him seriously. I also find his kids extremely annoying and just added to my dislike of him. He pretty much ruined his career anyway when he decided to do that terrible movie with his son.
    Last edited by Dmac; 01-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,378
    I don't hate Will Smith, but I'm not a huge fan either.
    I didn't hate this movie, but I didn't think it was great.

    It entertained me and I thought the concept was pretty cool so I will give it a 6.5/10. It was good enough that I will watch the sequel whenever it comes out.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,819
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I don't hate Will Smith, but I'm not a huge fan either.
    I didn't hate this movie, but I didn't think it was great.

    It entertained me and I thought the concept was pretty cool so I will give it a 6.5/10. It was good enough that I will watch the sequel whenever it comes out.
    Pretty much how I felt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    70,093
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    When did Will Smith become such an impediment to watching a movie? I had no idea he had fallen so far.
    He's always been absolutely AWFUL at picking good scripts. Like, brutal.

    I like Will Smith and think he's a good actor, but why the hell does he keep choosing to be in such ****** movies? Honestly, if he is in your movie odds are it's not good. And that's always been the case.
    this my sig

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,523
    Will Smith has fallen from A list movie star to straight to Netflix movies? I guess starring in bombs like Collateral Beauty, Focus and Suicide Squad will do that to you. I still have high hopes for the Bad Boys reunion. He and Martin Lawrence could really use a hit movie to resurrect their careers.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I liked him when he was the Fresh Prince, Will Smith as a serious/action actor sucks as do his movies. I never understood the appeal and can't take him seriously. I also find his kids extremely annoying and just added to my dislike of him. He pretty much ruined his career anyway when he decided to do that terrible movie with his son.
    At first I thought you were talking about The Pursuit of Happyness, which I thought is one of his best films, then I searched if he has another one with his son. God damn, there is and the review is ****ing horrendous. God dang.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25,636
    It kinda reminded me a little bit of like Alien Nation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •