Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 220
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,751
    Howie Roseman for executive of the year though.

    The return... 2018-19

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    48,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Not necessarily.

    But I do think McVay should win. The Rams were awful last year and he turned them around quickly (I'm curious to see Year 2 of that team, their fun to watch). However, I disagree with others saying that it isn't close. Dougie P has had to deal with crazy injuries to key players all year: Wentz, Sproles, Hicks, Peters, Maragos, Sturgis. He's still managed to keep the team afloat and winning games. No one saw this Eagles team winning 13+ games this year. No one.
    Here’s what I’ll say about the injuries thing:
    Wentz- that sucks but you have a good backup
    Sproles- he was part of a stable of running backs and I think his lose is over played.
    Hicks- really darn good but same as Sproles.
    Peters- I was reading articles on his declining play and Big V has been getting help. Not a hard choice to make.
    Maragos- literally had to google who that was. Overcoming an injury to a 5th safety and core ST player isn’t that big.
    Sturgis- hey that Elliott guy is pretty good. Not like you’ve been working around a bad kicker all season.

    And this is where you put yourself in a catch-22 by saying “keeping them afloat”. Either your team isn’t that good and are bound for a let down OR they are really good and it’s more about the players.

    I think it’s more about the players and the job Howie Roseman has done putting together the right combination of players.

    PROCESSING

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Howie Roseman for executive of the year though.
    ^^

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,246
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Bill will probably never win the award again... it’s pretty much the “2nd best COY” award every year because everyone pretty much knows Bill is the coach who by far makes the most impact on the game...


    Would be kind of cool if they named the award after him actually


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I could see him winning it again after brady retires and bellichick just keeps winning, but probably not before that

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,054
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Here’s what I’ll say about the injuries thing:
    Wentz- that sucks but you have a good backup
    Sproles- he was part of a stable of running backs and I think his lose is over played.
    Hicks- really darn good but same as Sproles.
    Peters- I was reading articles on his declining play and Big V has been getting help. Not a hard choice to make.
    Maragos- literally had to google who that was. Overcoming an injury to a 5th safety and core ST player isn’t that big.
    Sturgis- hey that Elliott guy is pretty good. Not like you’ve been working around a bad kicker all season.

    And this is where you put yourself in a catch-22 by saying “keeping them afloat”. Either your team isn’t that good and are bound for a let down OR they are really good and it’s more about the players.

    I think it’s more about the players and the job Howie Roseman has done putting together the right combination of players.
    In saying all of this (even though I don't agree with it all), that should cement Howie for GM of the year then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    48,469
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    In saying all of this (even though I don't agree with it all), that should cement Howie for GM of the year then.
    Howie, Snead, Loomis in a tight one to me. They all have reasons for it.

    PROCESSING

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,246
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Here’s what I’ll say about the injuries thing:
    Wentz- that sucks but you have a good backup
    Sproles- he was part of a stable of running backs and I think his lose is over played.
    Hicks- really darn good but same as Sproles.
    Peters- I was reading articles on his declining play and Big V has been getting help. Not a hard choice to make.
    Maragos- literally had to google who that was. Overcoming an injury to a 5th safety and core ST player isn’t that big.
    Sturgis- hey that Elliott guy is pretty good. Not like you’ve been working around a bad kicker all season.

    And this is where you put yourself in a catch-22 by saying “keeping them afloat”. Either your team isn’t that good and are bound for a let down OR they are really good and it’s more about the players.

    I think it’s more about the players and the job Howie Roseman has done putting together the right combination of players.
    Losing wentz was huge.. I think it may be the difference between winning in the playoffs and not. I like foles but he's clearly not as good keeping drives going.

    Losing sproles hurt because he added a new dimension to the punt return game and also the Hb screen game but I'll agree that it wasn't a vital loss

    Hicks is a player that is missed in the passing defense because he was so good covering receivers over the middle. Quarterbacks had a 46 quarterback rating in 2016 throwing in his coverage area. The eagles have been able to manage without him because Nigel bradham has actually stepped up quite a bit and they like to play Malcolm Jenkins at linebacker on passing downs occasionally

    Peters was declining but he was still one of the better tackles in the league, I think he was around 10th or 12th in the league among all tackles by PFF before his injury. That move hurts because vatai needs help to his side whereas the eagles were comfortable leaving peters there without help on most downs.

    Maragos was an absolute stud on special teams. The loss is probably minor, but the eagles usually lead the league in special teams every year and this year hasn't been the case. Losing sproles and Maragos both hurts the special teams.

    Sturgus- I definitely agree on this one.. In fact when Sturgis comes back I expect the eagles to keep Elliot and move on from Sturgis tbh. So yea, this injury turned out to be a blessing in disguise.



    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    72,561
    Arevwe now acting like Wentz developing the way he has is no big deal? Wentz and goff were both bad last year and Wentz has progressed much further. Let’s not downplay it too much.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Here’s what I’ll say about the injuries thing:
    Wentz- that sucks but you have a good backup
    Sproles- he was part of a stable of running backs and I think his lose is over played.
    Hicks- really darn good but same as Sproles.
    Peters- I was reading articles on his declining play and Big V has been getting help. Not a hard choice to make.
    Maragos- literally had to google who that was. Overcoming an injury to a 5th safety and core ST player isn’t that big.
    Sturgis- hey that Elliott guy is pretty good. Not like you’ve been working around a bad kicker all season.

    And this is where you put yourself in a catch-22 by saying “keeping them afloat”. Either your team isn’t that good and are bound for a let down OR they are really good and it’s more about the players.

    I think it’s more about the players and the job Howie Roseman has done putting together the right combination of players.
    I'll limit the Eagles-based response sicne this is a CotY thread, but I see what you're saying. Going into the season, I said making the playoffs would be a success for us (I had us winning 10 games), not even winning a playoff game. To be the number one seed says a lot about the coaching up of this particular team, especially after last year with Carson's poor mechanics, DBs getting blown by (rearing its ugly head with Mills lately), WRs dropping passes. To me, that's coaching. Same could be said for the Rams, but that's why this is a discussion in the first place. Both are worthy candidates. I don't think it's just about players getting better by themselves.

    The return... 2018-19

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,815
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Arevwe now acting like Wentz developing the way he has is no big deal? Wentz and goff were both bad last year and Wentz has progressed much further. Let’s not downplay it too much.
    There he goes again.

    Guy can never handle the fact that his “candidate” might not be in first.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    72,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    There he goes again.

    Guy can never handle the fact that his “candidate” might not be in first.
    When did I ever say he should be first?

    You’re seriously a joke.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    72,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    There he goes again.

    Guy can never handle the fact that his “candidate” might not be in first.
    And my post had more to do with downplaying Wentz, but yeah, carry on.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,815
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not sure how Pederson isn’t in consideration.
    This is your first post after one person says it’s McVay without conversation.

    So insecure.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,054
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Arevwe now acting like Wentz developing the way he has is no big deal? Wentz and goff were both bad last year and Wentz has progressed much further. Let’s not downplay it too much.
    Not to feed into GM's troll post, but there was more in Wentz last year that people weren't already writing him off as a bust.

    There was a huge amount of chatter that Goff could've already been a bust. As 'bad' as Wentz was, Goff was super garbage last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,815
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Not to feed into GM's troll post, but there was more in Wentz last year that people weren't already writing him off as a bust.

    There was a huge amount of chatter that Goff could've already been a bust. As 'bad' as Wentz was, Goff was super garbage last season.
    Troll, right. Nope. I can see that it’s McVay rather easily.

    Are you taking back this troll post considering Brady is the favorite?

    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    With his play the last few weeks, I'd say your candidate has been out of the running longer than ours has.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •