Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 220
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    1,230

    Coach of the Year

    Who is your NFL head coach of the year?
    As an Eagles fan, I would say that a lot of consideration would have to be given to Doug Pederson. The Eagles have gone from 7-9 last year to 13-2 so far this year - but of course there are other candidates.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    48,530
    Sean McVay and this shouldn’t be a conversation IMO.

    PROCESSING

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    72,676
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sean McVay and this shouldn’t be a conversation IMO.
    Not sure how Pederson isn’t in consideration.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17,357
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not sure how Pederson isn’t in consideration.
    What McVay did was more incredible than Pederson


    PAPI SMASH!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,640
    toss up between McVay and Pederson. Cant go wrong with either or complain about whichever wins it. Should be a 2 horse race.
    Last edited by TheDish87; 12-27-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,374
    Not really a toss up imo. It’s McVay and not really close


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,374
    I'd say Sean mcvay is the front runner with Doug Pederson Mike zimmer and Bill bellichick in consideration (I feel like Billy B should always be in consideration for this award every year but has a hard time getting it because everyone expects the pats to do good every year).

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,374
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'd say Sean mcvay is the front runner with Doug Pederson Mike zimmer and Bill bellichick in consideration (I feel like Billy B should always be in consideration for this award every year but has a hard time getting it because everyone expects the pats to do good every year).

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Bill will probably never win the award again... it’s pretty much the “2nd best COY” award every year because everyone pretty much knows Bill is the coach who by far makes the most impact on the game...


    Would be kind of cool if they named the award after him actually


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,123
    Pederson ,Mccvay or Zimmer . Hard to choose actually. 2 are winning with backups. 2 did amazing jobs grooming sophomore quarterbacks. Zimmer has lost a awful lot for most of the season . I think it's so close you gotta go best record.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,069
    I'd say McVay is without question.

    I know both the Eagles and Rams weren't seen as viable contenders prior to the season started but it has to be McVay mainly because of his transformation of Goff and the offense and the fact he's a rookie head coach.

    People were claiming Goff as a bust and Gurley as a one year wonder at the end of last season. McVay has turned them both into MVP candidates with one most likely winning it. He's turned a team that no one saw being close to contention (at least with the Eagles there was some hype with the Alshon, Torrey, and Blount additions) and he has them as close to a SB contender as there can be.

    Any other year, this is Dougie P's award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,815
    Sean McVay rather easily.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    48,530
    Not to take away from Peterson or the Eagles, but people kinda expected better out of them and the progression overall of the team.

    The Rams were not expected to do this at all. They were bound to be last or next to last in the West. Instead they are fighting for the 1 seed.

    Their GM (name is escaping me, Les Snead I think?) should be GM of the year. Signing Whitworth and Woods, Traded for Watkins. Drafted Cooper Kupp. Will be close with the Saints GM though.

    PROCESSING

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,374
    Another name I’d throw out in contention with Pederson for 2nd behind McVay is Kyle Shannahan... sounds dumb but once he got a QB who even half knew what was going on he was able to win games... and top to bottom, on top of being young, that roster (especially on offense) was maybe one of the least talented rosters I can ever remember (on paper at least). He also stayed competitive in games with Hoyer and Bethard... pretty remarkable imo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,815
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Another name I’d throw out in contention with Pederson for 2nd behind McVay is Kyle Shannahan... sounds dumb but once he got a QB who even half knew what was going on he was able to win games... and top to bottom, on top of being young, that roster (especially on offense) was maybe one of the least talented rosters I can ever remember (on paper at least). He also stayed competitive in games with Hoyer and Bethard... pretty remarkable imo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the 49’ers make the playoffs next year he’ll be the lead candidate. Just have to have a good off-season with the way Jimmy is looking.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not to take away from Peterson or the Eagles, but people kinda expected better out of them and the progression overall of the team.

    The Rams were not expected to do this at all. They were bound to be last or next to last in the West. Instead they are fighting for the 1 seed.

    Their GM (name is escaping me, Les Snead I think?) should be GM of the year. Signing Whitworth and Woods, Traded for Watkins. Drafted Cooper Kupp. Will be close with the Saints GM though.
    Not necessarily.

    But I do think McVay should win. The Rams were awful last year and he turned them around quickly (I'm curious to see Year 2 of that team, their fun to watch). However, I disagree with others saying that it isn't close. Dougie P has had to deal with crazy injuries to key players all year: Wentz, Sproles, Hicks, Peters, Maragos, Sturgis. He's still managed to keep the team afloat and winning games. No one saw this Eagles team winning 13+ games this year. No one.

    The return... 2018-19

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •