Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Coach of the Year

Who is your NFL head coach of the year?
    As an Eagles fan, I would say that a lot of consideration would have to be given to Doug Pederson. The Eagles have gone from 7-9 last year to 13-2 so far this year - but of course there are other candidates.

Sean McVay and this shouldn’t be a conversation IMO.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sean McVay and this shouldn’t be a conversation IMO.
    Not sure how Pederson isn’t in consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not sure how Pederson isn’t in consideration.
    What McVay did was more incredible than Pederson

PAPI SMASH!

toss up between McVay and Pederson. Cant go wrong with either or complain about whichever wins it. Should be a 2 horse race.
    Last edited by TheDish87; 12-27-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Not really a toss up imo. It’s McVay and not really close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I'd say Sean mcvay is the front runner with Doug Pederson Mike zimmer and Bill bellichick in consideration (I feel like Billy B should always be in consideration for this award every year but has a hard time getting it because everyone expects the pats to do good every year).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'd say Sean mcvay is the front runner with Doug Pederson Mike zimmer and Bill bellichick in consideration (I feel like Billy B should always be in consideration for this award every year but has a hard time getting it because everyone expects the pats to do good every year).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Bill will probably never win the award again... it’s pretty much the “2nd best COY” award every year because everyone pretty much knows Bill is the coach who by far makes the most impact on the game...

Would be kind of cool if they named the award after him actually

Pederson ,Mccvay or Zimmer . Hard to choose actually. 2 are winning with backups. 2 did amazing jobs grooming sophomore quarterbacks. Zimmer has lost a awful lot for most of the season . I think it's so close you gotta go best record.

I'd say McVay is without question.

I know both the Eagles and Rams weren't seen as viable contenders prior to the season started but it has to be McVay mainly because of his transformation of Goff and the offense and the fact he's a rookie head coach.

People were claiming Goff as a bust and Gurley as a one year wonder at the end of last season. McVay has turned them both into MVP candidates with one most likely winning it. He's turned a team that no one saw being close to contention (at least with the Eagles there was some hype with the Alshon, Torrey, and Blount additions) and he has them as close to a SB contender as there can be.

Any other year, this is Dougie P's award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Sean McVay rather easily.

Not to take away from Peterson or the Eagles, but people kinda expected better out of them and the progression overall of the team.

The Rams were not expected to do this at all. They were bound to be last or next to last in the West. Instead they are fighting for the 1 seed.

Their GM (name is escaping me, Les Snead I think?) should be GM of the year. Signing Whitworth and Woods, Traded for Watkins. Drafted Cooper Kupp. Will be close with the Saints GM though.

PROCESSING

Another name I’d throw out in contention with Pederson for 2nd behind McVay is Kyle Shannahan... sounds dumb but once he got a QB who even half knew what was going on he was able to win games... and top to bottom, on top of being young, that roster (especially on offense) was maybe one of the least talented rosters I can ever remember (on paper at least). He also stayed competitive in games with Hoyer and Bethard... pretty remarkable imo

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Another name I’d throw out in contention with Pederson for 2nd behind McVay is Kyle Shannahan... sounds dumb but once he got a QB who even half knew what was going on he was able to win games... and top to bottom, on top of being young, that roster (especially on offense) was maybe one of the least talented rosters I can ever remember (on paper at least). He also stayed competitive in games with Hoyer and Bethard... pretty remarkable imo

If the 49’ers make the playoffs next year he’ll be the lead candidate. Just have to have a good off-season with the way Jimmy is looking.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not to take away from Peterson or the Eagles, but people kinda expected better out of them and the progression overall of the team.

The Rams were not expected to do this at all. They were bound to be last or next to last in the West. Instead they are fighting for the 1 seed.

Their GM (name is escaping me, Les Snead I think?) should be GM of the year. Signing Whitworth and Woods, Traded for Watkins. Drafted Cooper Kupp. Will be close with the Saints GM though.
    Not necessarily.

But I do think McVay should win. The Rams were awful last year and he turned them around quickly (I'm curious to see Year 2 of that team, their fun to watch). However, I disagree with others saying that it isn't close. Dougie P has had to deal with crazy injuries to key players all year: Wentz, Sproles, Hicks, Peters, Maragos, Sturgis. He's still managed to keep the team afloat and winning games. No one saw this Eagles team winning 13+ games this year. No one.

The return... 2018-19

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast