Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Sean McDermott and Doug Marrone have a shot at the award. Did you ever think you would see a playoff game this year between the Bills and Jaguars (which will happen Sunday)?

They are probably sticking with Blake Bortles next season, but I wonder what the Jaguars would be like with Kirk Cousins.

mberr Guest
    Too bad coordinators aren't considered because I think Pat Shurmur is more deserving than Zimmer. Lost top RB, lost top QB, and what he's done with Keenum has been very impressive.

I don’t see how there’s any question it shouldn’t be between McVay and Zimmer. McVay is the obvious winner in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Too bad coordinators aren't considered because I think Pat Shurmur is more deserving than Zimmer. Lost top RB, lost top QB, and what he's done with Keenum has been very impressive.
    Zimmer almost lost and eye and he’s the one that brought Shurmur in.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    That is crazy talk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Thing with Zimmer though, their backups, both Sam and Case are far better than their starter in Bridgewater. Still hope if Philly does t, Sam finds an opportunity to get back in. Watching him in week 1 was glorious, if healthy, no contest who the best qb in Minny is.
    Except Bridgewater wasn't the starter this season. Bradford was. Bridgewater wasn't even a factor coming into this season. So Zimmer only had to replace Bradford with a journeyman in Keenum. Prior to the season nobody would have said Keenum was better than Bridgewater or Bradford. Zimmer and his staff made Keenum into a top 12 QB this season and went 12-3 with him. IMO far more impressive than what McVay or Pederson have done with their QBs given how talented their guys are.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Sean McDermott and Doug Marrone have a shot at the award. Did you ever think you would see a playoff game this year between the Bills and Jaguars (which will happen Sunday)?

They are probably sticking with Blake Bortles next season, but I wonder what the Jaguars would be like with Kirk Cousins.
    Outside of the debacle at QB with Peterman I do agree McDermott has done a nice job. It was obvious early in the year the Bills FO had no intentions of winning this year yet here they are in the playoffs. Really nice story all the way around. Hopefully the Bills and Vikings meet in the Super Bowl so at least 1 fan base can end their misery lol
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Except Bridgewater wasn't the starter this season. Bradford was. Bridgewater wasn't even a factor coming into this season. So Zimmer only had to replace Bradford with a journeyman in Keenum. Prior to the season nobody would have said Keenum was better than Bridgewater or Bradford. Zimmer and his staff made Keenum into a top 12 QB this season and went 12-3 with him. IMO far more impressive than what McVay or Pederson have done with their QBs given how talented their guys are.
    Bridge sucks. I’d say him and Keenum coming in the season were pretty comparable.

Is McVay that good or was Fisher that bad?

The Bills tried to tank and coached their way into a playoff spot, if Tyrod is really "so bad" no? Which would make Sean "the Process" McDermott a strong contender.

Of course his benching of Tyrod for part of a game before the Peterman disaster goes against that a bit.

Just wanted to point out that if the Bills are bad and Tyrod is bad then Sean must be the greatest coach this year.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Kinda surprised Zimmer isn't getting more props here. Likely going to be 13-3 with a back up QB for the majority of the season. Defense is #1 overall in football. #1 in points allowed. Wins over 2 division NFC division leaders. If the standings finish as they currently are the Vikings are 4-2 against playoff qualifiers.

The Eagles haven't looked as good with Foles. Zimmer's D held McVay's dominant offense to 7 points in a convincing win. I don't think he wins it but his resume is just as good as anyone else.
    Zimmer has a lot of good players though. The Vikings are a good team and have been good for a little bit.

For the most part the coach of the year is usually talked about for teams that suddenly went from bad to good with little change in players or with bad players.

The injuries with the Vikes would really be the thing keeping him closer to it.
    First 4 years:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Bridge sucks. I’d say him and Keenum coming in the season were pretty comparable.
    Teddy's ceiling is what Case is now

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Teddy's ceiling is what Case is now

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Agree. Teddy is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Out of curiosity, who was picking the Eagles to make the playoffs? Dallas was picked by most of the experts, the Giants were supposed to be good, and Wentz was the 4th best QB in the NFC East...remember? That said, McVay is my pick, but let's not pretend that a lot of people thought the Eagles would be good.
    Well, if not for injuries the Giants could have been good enough to win the division away from the Eagles. If not for the Zeke suspension stuff, the Cowboys may have played better and contended as well.

The idea was the wildcards would have been a battle between the Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Cowboys and Eagles, most likely.

The most unexpected thing was Seattle not getting a free ride to their division. Second was probably the Falcons, Saints and Panthers all putting up decent years at the same time. Third was the Giants getting every guy injured. Fourth was probably a toss-up between the Cowboys having issues and the Eagles not having issues.

Looking at it from that perspective, I'd say the McVay thing is the most convincing. Yes, Seattle was hurt, but I think the Rams probably could have taken the division even if Seattle was healthy. If this year's Eagles had to contend with last year's Giants? Eh.

Regardless... if we look at the candidates mostly being discussed:

- Eagles - stacked team
    - Rams - stacked team
    - Vikings - stacked team
    - Jaguars - stacked team outside of QB + Bortles RNG
    - Bils - shoestrings and chewing gum

It's a homer pick for me, but I think the Bills coach is the biggest impact on success relative to those other teams.

But since the site and this thread are dominated by Eagles fans this year: which is it? Is Wentz really good or is his coach the coach of the year?
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Is McVay that good or was Fisher that bad?

The Bills tried to tank and coached their way into a playoff spot, if Tyrod is really "so bad" no? Which would make Sean "the Process" McDermott a strong contender.

Of course his benching of Tyrod for part of a game before the Peterman disaster goes against that a bit.

Just wanted to point out that if the Bills are bad and Tyrod is bad then Sean must be the greatest coach this year.
    The Bills weren't tanking. Neither head coach nor GM ever openly stated they were tanking. McDermott even said that that public assumption of them tanking served as motivation for the team.

White made Darby redundant, which must have been evident in training camp. They've got another starting CB from the Watkins trade. That trade in turn one basically replaced one WR on IR with another WR on IR. Ragland was a bad Rex Ryan pick from the beginning; a two-down LB in today's NFL. He's actively made the Chiefs front 7 worse. Pretty much the only tanking trade was getting rid of Dareus/his guaranteed salary. But then what tanking team would trade picks for Kelvin Benjamin?

I get that fans either want a QB to be a franchise QB or trash. But who ever said Taylor was "so bad"? It's possible to just be a competent NFL QB.

Agree. Teddy is brutal.
    His injury was brutal. Teddy was an OK QB at a time when there were hardly any good young QBs, so the perception of him was driven by expectation.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast