Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what is dez bryant worth in a trade?

obviously not a 1st and probably not more than a second being hes nothing more than a slot wr playing outside now. thoughts?

This was like 10 years ago, but I remember when randy moss was in Oakland, it seemed like his career was starting to trend downwards a little bit (poor quarterback play will do that). Then he was traded to new England for a 4th round pick which even at the time seemed like a steal for new England.

Dez and randy have a lot of similarities which is why I made this comparison. Moss needed a change of scenery with a better quarterback and so does bryant, moss was 29 and in his 8th season and so is bryant, both had production decline.. I think around a 4th or 5th is what Dez would command.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    This was like 10 years ago, but I remember when randy moss was in Oakland, it seemed like his career was starting to trend downwards a little bit (poor quarterback play will do that). Then he was traded to new England for a 4th round pick which even at the time seemed like a steal for new England.

Dez and randy have a lot of similarities which is why I made this comparison. Moss needed a change of scenery with a better quarterback and so does bryant, moss was 29 and in his 8th season and so is bryant, both had production decline.. I think around a 4th or 5th is what Dez would command.

Expect randy moss is one of the best wide outs ever

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post

Yep

Your baby can't do this

Dez Bryant 2012-14 was pretty special.

I'm gonna say he's worth a 2nd round pick.

Like I said, randy moss for a 4th was quite the steal in 2007 when the trade went down. I do think their situation is similar but I don't think their value is similar. Now, brandon cooks was just traded for a late 1st and a 3rd. Randy moss would go for waaaay more than a 4th today, I guarantee. Dez has lost quite a bit of value since Tony Romo lost his job. So I don't think he'd get close to what cooks demanded (cooks immediate prior production was better and he's also 6 years younger). I personally don't think a team would invest a 2nd or 3rd on him because I think there are very talented/much younger receivers in those rounds (maybe a 3rd because Dez still has a great history). I think around a 4th is his value.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Dez Bryant 2012-14 was pretty special.

I'm gonna say he's worth a 2nd round pick.
    It was, but he's not close to that anymore and still 2 years on his contract at about 13mill per year (can be cut in 2019 though for a 4million cap hit). So he's essentially on a 1 year 16.5million contract.

Your baby can't do this

Dez is still a number receiver if he didn't have Dak Prescott in Dallas. Give him a guy that will take more shots and he'll revert to his days with Romo.
    Last edited by hughest4; 01-31-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comment

Probay nothing cuz hes gonna make like 13 million and he said he wont take a pay cut so hell most likely be released

Less then Cousins and considering his contract probably less then he's actually worth. Trade him to Seattle for Earl Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Less then Cousins and considering his contract probably less then he's actually worth. Trade him to Seattle for Earl Thomas.
    No thanks would rather keep Thomas for one more year then deal with Dez.

He's been subpar for 3 straight seasons, turning 30 during the season, and has an insanely high cap hit. If he was willing to basically rip up his deal and lower that cap hit they could get a 3rd-4th but if he isn't I'd say more of the 5th or 6th range (which definitely isn't worth it for Dallas).

I meant to say less then Alex smith

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    He's been subpar for 3 straight seasons, turning 30 during the season, and has an insanely high cap hit. If he was willing to basically rip up his deal and lower that cap hit they could get a 3rd-4th but if he isn't I'd say more of the 5th or 6th range (which definitely isn't worth it for Dallas).
    His cap hit would be $12.5M for two years each, as $8M total stays with Dallas if they trade him. The contract he'd be left with on the new team would have zero guarantees, so there's very little risk trading for him from a contract perspective.

His play didn't steadily decline over 3 straight season; his production took a nosedive after 2014 and never recovered. That's not an age-related decline.

Something else changed in Dallas however, so if I'm a team with a top-flight QB then I'd think it's worth it investing a 3rd or even 2nd round pick to find out what Dez has got left. If he could even only halfway get back to his peak that'd be worth it. He was a Top 5 WR in his prime.

A 7th maybe he's trash
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast