Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which teams should play on Christmas in your opinion?

As far as teams who in my opinion anyway who should play on Christmas but don't get that love from the NBA:

Teams like the Raptors for example...the Raptors they haven't played a Christmas Day game since 2001 since Carter and that is a very long time I think the Raptors are long past due for a Christmas Day game

Other teams like the Magic, Suns, Bucks, Pistons

At least with the Bucks they actually have a marquee guy that being Giannis but look at the rest of their line-up and you're telling me that they don't deserve a Christmas Day game?

Or how about the Pelicans? AD and Cousins 2 marquee guys and they are left off of the Christmas marquee

don't quit your day job

Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton been scoring like 74+ a game combined. Then Parker back in February which is good for another 20ppg. Best my boys got the holidays off to enjoy them selves with family.

There should only be 1 game and it should be the finals rematch. Everyone else should get to spend Christmas with their family.

True that^^^^.

You made a thread on this already.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    As far as teams who in my opinion anyway who should play on Christmas but don't get that love from the NBA:

Teams like the Raptors for example...the Raptors they haven't played a Christmas Day game since 2001 since Carter and that is a very long time I think the Raptors are long past due for a Christmas Day game

Other teams like the Magic, Suns, Bucks, Pistons

At least with the Bucks they actually have a marquee guy that being Giannis but look at the rest of their line-up and you're telling me that they don't deserve a Christmas Day game?

Or how about the Pelicans? AD and Cousins 2 marquee guys and they are left off of the Christmas marquee
    Raptors, Kicks, Lakers, Celtics, Warriors, Rockets.

Teams so storied and popular that it doesnt matter if they are bottom feeders or contenders we want to see them

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

the christmas game should be played on a dirt court and uniforms should be robes/cloaks similar to what the 3 wise men donned...the only audience in attendance should be goats and sheep....
    ....coooookie

15 games over 24 hours.

PROCESSING

previous year conference finals teams first, finals teams, then others

Here's what I always think we'll see:

Finals rematch
    A New York City game
    A Los Angeles game

Then:
    Eastern Conference game of teams that had heated matchups
    Western Conference game of teams that had heated matchups or compelling storylines

That's what we've gotten every year and it's worked. I don't see a reason to change it other than not being stuck on NYC and LA being there but they are the 2 biggest media markets. And they try to make it so they go time zone by time zone as the day progresses.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Here's what I always think we'll see:

Finals rematch
    A New York City game
    A Los Angeles game

Then:
    Eastern Conference game of teams that had heated matchups
    Western Conference game of teams that had heated matchups or compelling storylines

That's what we've gotten every year and it's worked. I don't see a reason to change it other than not being stuck on NYC and LA being there but they are the 2 biggest media markets. And they try to make it so they go time zone by time zone as the day progresses.
    this

mostly should be based off previous play offs
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Honestly, just have the finals winners play a best of 3 game at noon, 4, 8 and have 4 minute quarters.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    There should only be 1 game and it should be the finals rematch. Everyone else should get to spend Christmas with their family.
    ****, if anything the Finals teams should be the ones awarded Christmas off. Granted it's an early game and they didn't have a game the day before or after. But yeah for me Christmas games are worthless. I was able to see part of the Warriors game and none of the rest.

Finals Rematch
    NY vs LAL (home games are split year over year)
    up-and-coming exciting young teams vs each other
    1x Rivalry team or competitive contenders (OKC vs HOU)
    1x best "Return" game. In this case, should be Boston vs UTAH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast