Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors

1 100.00%
  • LOLCavaliers

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wow. I guess you only like players that never make mistakes?
    well i dont like back to back completely unnecessary errors in a close game. LOL I mean bell wasnt even looking at the ball being passed to him during one play and he just traveled for no reason the next play. I expect even 3 year college players to have those fundamentals down...... also his great defense didnt even hold love to his average (a player scoring his average is my definition of acceptable defense)

it was nearly a very very sad christmas here in the bay area today

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    well i dont like back to back completely unnecessary errors in a close game. LOL I mean bell wasnt even looking at the ball being passed to him during one play and he just traveled for no reason the next play. I expect even 3 year college players to have those fundamentals down...... also his great defense didnt even hold love to his average (a player scoring his average is my definition of acceptable defense)
    1. Bell is a rookie. A 2nd round pick rookie at that. You expecting him not to make mistakes is idiotic.

2. Your definition of good defense is also idiotic. When Bell is doing what the coaches tell him to do you blame any shots made on the floor on him. Draymond Green was DPOY last year and top 2 2 years before that ... did you ever notice that he gives up open shots?

Nevermind. You'll never learn.

1. Bell is a rookie. A 2nd round pick rookie at that. You expecting him not to make mistakes is idiotic.

2. Your definition of good defense is also idiotic. When Bell is doing what the coaches tell him to do you blame any shots made on the floor on him. Draymond Green was DPOY last year and top 2 2 years before that ... did you ever notice that he gives up open shots?

Nevermind. You'll never learn.
    please enlighten me on what great defense is then...... why does any metric rate a teams defense based on how the opposing teams offense performs

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    please enlighten me on what great defense is then...... why does any metric rate a teams defense based on how the opposing teams offense performs
    BTW- scoots there was a play int he 4th quarter that made me think of our discussion a few days ago about leaving 3 point shooters. Lebron was driving on the right side of the basket and kd was with him. Green was guarding Love on this play and he left love in the short corner (Yet he didnt go all the way to lebron, he was still atleast 6 feet away from helping durant with lebron)..... he wound up leaving love open for a wide open 3.

See you cant give up 3s when the guy driving for the 2 is adequately defended...... and the broadcasting team even pointed this one out.... but the warriors do this A LOT

Just to clarify Stylez ... you are essentially saying the Warriors would have been better off without Bell because of a couple dumb mistakes in the 4th, did you see LeBron dribble out the clock and take a stand still 3 with KD in his face and miss? Did you seem him lose the ball out of bounds? He should be cut I guess?

As for leaving shooters. The defensive scheme the Warriors run most of the time is to double offensive weapons 2 players away if they have a mis-match. The Cavs take advantage of that with everybody with LeBron James. If McCaw or Livingston are defending James he starts backing in, the plan is for the defender 2 players away to dig down on James ... he's REALLY good at hitting the open man, but he does even more damage if you let him keep the ball (scoring and collecting fouls). So yes, the plan is to leave people open ... they hope someone can hustle there in time to contest the shot to make it a lower percentage, but that was the defensive plan. The Warriors over-help sometimes, but Kerr and Adams have both said they'd rather have guys over-help than not help enough because that is a mark of good defensive teams because the guy who needs help knows help is coming he is more likely to help too, just like on offense Kerr would rather they over-pass than not pass enough.

Look at the Warriors defensive rankings over the last 4 years ... and yet you are nearly constant with your complaining about their defense. Isn't it possible that their scheme is working?

Just to clarify Stylez ... you are essentially saying the Warriors would have been better off without Bell because of a couple dumb mistakes in the 4th, did you see LeBron dribble out the clock and take a stand still 3 with KD in his face and miss? Did you seem him lose the ball out of bounds? He should be cut I guess?

As for leaving shooters. The defensive scheme the Warriors run most of the time is to double offensive weapons 2 players away if they have a mis-match. The Cavs take advantage of that with everybody with LeBron James. If McCaw or Livingston are defending James he starts backing in, the plan is for the defender 2 players away to dig down on James ... he's REALLY good at hitting the open man, but he does even more damage if you let him keep the ball (scoring and collecting fouls). So yes, the plan is to leave people open ... they hope someone can hustle there in time to contest the shot to make it a lower percentage, but that was the defensive plan. The Warriors over-help sometimes, but Kerr and Adams have both said they'd rather have guys over-help than not help enough because that is a mark of good defensive teams because the guy who needs help knows help is coming he is more likely to help too, just like on offense Kerr would rather they over-pass than not pass enough.

Look at the Warriors defensive rankings over the last 4 years ... and yet you are nearly constant with your complaining about their defense. Isn't it possible that their scheme is working?
    my point was regarding defense- draymond green was not helping and he was not guarding his guy.... the deensive player of the year needs to be doing one of the 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12