Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

5 Living Messiahs

I came across this the other day and thought it was interesting. I often wondered what would happen to a man/woman if they claimed to be the second coming. Would people believe? Would he get locked up in a mental ward?

Well, there are 5 men currently that claim to be the second coming.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...coming-photos/

I find it really interesting that they all have disciples, at least one in the thousands.

After reading it I wondered what would happen if they were all to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I came across this the other day and thought it was interesting. I often wondered what would happen to a man/woman if they claimed to be the second coming. Would people believe? Would he get locked up in a mental ward?

Well, there are 5 men currently that claim to be the second coming.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...coming-photos/

I find it really interesting that they all have disciples, at least one in the thousands.

After reading it I wondered what would happen if they were all to meet.
    They'd have an argument?

What?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

They shouldn't believe them because they should know better, but there will inevitably be people who believe them.

Matthew 24:5: "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many."

Luke 21:8: "And He said, 'See to it that you are not misled, for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them."

Mark 13:21: "And then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or, 'Behold, He is there,' do not believe him."

Matthew 24:24: "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    They shouldn't believe them because they should know better, but there will inevitably be people who believe them.

Matthew 24:5: "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many."

Luke 21:8: "And He said, 'See to it that you are not misled, for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them."

Mark 13:21: "And then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or, 'Behold, He is there,' do not believe him."

Matthew 24:24: "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."
    ironic, isn't it?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    ironic, isn't it?
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    How so?
    Jews believe Christ is just another false prophet. Indeed, their search and wait for the one true Messiah remains. One can say that the biggest difference between Jews and Christians is that the Jews are waiting for the Messiah; Christians believe Christ is/was the one true Messiah.

Lol, then you have Jews for Jesus (aka Messianic Jews) who confuse everything. They'd do everyone a favor if they'd just call themselves Christians.

Lol, then of course there's this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyFvIsoAnw

Jews believe Christ is just another false prophet. Indeed, their search and wait for the one true Messiah remains. One can say that the biggest difference between Jews and Christians is that the Jews are waiting for the Messiah; Christians believe Christ is/was the one true Messiah.

Lol, then you have Jews for Jesus (aka Messianic Jews) who confuse everything. They'd do everyone a favor if they'd just call themselves Christians.
    Only some Jews believe that. Others dont believe in a messiah at all and some believe in Jesus.

As for the Messianic Jews... well they really are Jews. Judaism is the only faith, That I know of, where its not just their religion but also an ethnicity. So they can be Christian and Jewish.

Lol, then of course there's this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyFvIsoAnw
    Id laugh if this guy wasnt taking people to hell with him...

Only some Jews believe that. Others dont believe in a messiah at all and some believe in Jesus.

As for the Messianic Jews... well they really are Jews. Judaism is the only faith, That I know of, where its not just their religion but also an ethnicity. So they can be Christian and Jewish.
    What individual Jews believe isn't important. One of the tenets of Judaism is that we are waiting for the Messiah. And for those Jews who believe the Messiah is Jesus? They ain't Jews anymore. They're Christians.

What individual Jews believe isn't important. One of the tenets of Judaism is that we are waiting for the Messiah. And for those Jews who believe the Messiah is Jesus? They ain't Jews anymore. They're Christians.
    This is simply not true. Even in Jesus day there were Jews not waiting for a messiah. The sadducees were a ruling Jewish sect, along with the Pharisees, who did not believe in a messiah nor an afterlife. Many Jews todays still do not believe in an afterlife.

No afterlife? No messiah.

And as stated, you can be Jewish (in ethnicity) and another religion at wh same time. Thats common knowledge.

This is simply not true. Even in Jesus day there were Jews not waiting for a messiah. The sadducees were a ruling Jewish sect, along with the Pharisees, who did not believe in a messiah nor an afterlife. Many Jews todays still do not believe in an afterlife.

No afterlife? No messiah.

And as stated, you can be Jewish (in ethnicity) and another religion at wh same time. Thats common knowledge.
    And that's 100 percent true. Indeed, you're chatting with one such person now. I'll always be a Jew even though I don't even believe in God.

But I was referring to the Jews who follow the tenets of the Jewish religion, not Jews in the general sense. As an analogy, there are tons of people who call themselves Christians and believe you can still go to Heaven oif you don't believe in Jesus Christ,

Sure, people get to call themselves whatever they want. But their individual beliefs don't always mirror that of their professed religion.

I'm no Biblical or Talmudic scholar but my understanding is that the Messiah will not sweep Jews away into an afterlife of eternal paradise but instead helop with the myriad of Earthly problems. I could be wrong though.

But Rule of thumb: Jews are still waiting for their savior; they believe one will arrive. Christians say that already happened and Jews who don't accept that will miss the boat.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 12-27-2017 at 09:46 AM.

They'd have an argument?

What?
    I don't know.

Would they have an enlightened discussion? Would they fingerpoint? Would they form like MMPR and form a Megazord?

Five of em? Rheyd Probably look around for 5 more for a full court game, Im thinking