Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Kasich Signs a Ban on Abortions After Down Syndrome Diagnoses into Law

This from the “moderate” GOP presidential candidate.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich Just Signed a Ban on Abortions After Down Syndrome Diagnoses into Law
    Ohio Gov. John Kasich Just Signed a Ban on Abortions After Down Syndrome Diagnoses into Law - TIMEhttps://apple.news/AFw5cYKuBSxySwO8ioHS1aw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This from the “moderate” GOP presidential candidate.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich Just Signed a Ban on Abortions After Down Syndrome Diagnoses into Law
    Ohio Gov. John Kasich Just Signed a Ban on Abortions After Down Syndrome Diagnoses into Law - TIMEhttps://apple.news/AFw5cYKuBSxySwO8ioHS1aw

And? You want to kill the kid because he's not normal?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Oy

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Killing children? No way. What we’re talking about is terminating a pregnancy. Big difference.

It’s not killing children. If you wan to make that argument, then start putting the date of conception on birth certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It’s not killing children. If you wan to make that argument, then start putting the date of conception on birth certificates.
    Gonna be lots of Valentine’s baby’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Gonna be lots of Valentine’s baby’s.
    Yep. Lots of babies born on Valentines Day and New Years. Also December 21 2012.

Such a tough topic. They allow abortions on other abnormalities. Personally, I wouldn't abort for Downs, but that's just me. It's a big task, mentally, financially, emotionally to raise a child with special needs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Oy

Would it be OK after a diagnosis of autism? If they wanted a girl instead of a boy. He has a point.

For example there are a hell of a lot of people with autism who are fighting against prenatal tests for autism, for just this reason.
    Last edited by flips333; 12-24-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    This is a disingenuous argument. You act like people who believe human life begins at conception have no right to that viewpoint. Scientifically there is not point at which you can definitively say it is or is not a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Would it be OK after a diagnosis of autism? If they wanted a girl instead of a boy. He has a point.

For example there are a hell of a lot of people with autism who are fighting against prenatal tests for autism, for just this reason.
    He has better argument when all families actually have the capability to care for children with major disabilities. When the resources are available to give all of those children a decent quality of life. They aren’t for most families.

This is a disingenuous argument. You act like people who believe human life begins at conception have no right to that viewpoint. Scientifically there is not point at which you can definitively say it is or is not a human being.
    I strongly believe that people who say that life begins at conception are wrong. They have every right to the viewpoint though. People have every right to be wrong. At that stage of development, they are no different than a benign tumor.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I strongly believe that people who say that life begins at conception are wrong. They have every right to the viewpoint though. People have every right to be wrong. At that stage of development, they are no different than a benign tumor.
    I never said that though. Testing doesn't begin at conception. It begins during week 11 - 13. And an amniocentesis isn't performed until weeks 15 - 18. So, your argument has nothing to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Such a tough topic. They allow abortions on other abnormalities. Personally, I wouldn't abort for Downs, but that's just me. It's a big task, mentally, financially, emotionally to raise a child with special needs.
    My cousin is the greatest woman too me because of her raising 3 children and one has Down’s syndrome.
    It’s incredible how much work she’s done for her special Mitch

Did you just slippery slope this ****? I expect better from you.

Here’s the thing, I don’t do the abortion debate for two reasons:

1) it’s nothing more than a political tool. Politicians and media love it because they know it’s divisive and makes every angry which drives up support. I don’t like feeding into it and yes I started the thread but point on that is down below.

2) I’m very much pro choice, but I won’t debate it because I understand and accept the pro life side of the debate. This isn’t an easy topic so I will always resolve to “agree to disagree”.....except for the people arguing against late-term abortions because those people don’t know wtf they’re talking about. Late term are the medically necessary abortions by mothers who clearly wanted a child, making it that far into pregnancy.

Anyway, my initial point is that the awfulness of Trump made moderates and people on the left praise guys like Kasich who seemed tolerable by comparison. Meanwhile, he’s lead a crusade to defund planned parenthood in Ohio for years and then signs off on this bill.

Back to your point, this bill is not about autism and I completely get the decision by a couple who is not ready for the challenge of a child with a severe condition like DS. I can’t imagine what’s involved in making that call (I have 1 and 1 on the way and can’t say what choice I’d make, but I think there should be a choice).

Autism is a different situation altogether. I can’t imagine how you test for that while in the womb, and for sure you can’t get where that wouldbe child would be on the spectrum.

I think a resentful parent who is not ready for the challenge is not a good situation for us to encourage.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast