Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 16: Miami Dolphins (6-8) vs Kansas City Chiefs (8-6)

At the start of the season this post was filled with information, now this is all you get.

I'm excited that we're seeing some work from Derby already. Dude has some talent so I hope we see a lot from him these last two games.

I have been so wrong on Grant and Drake. Their speed is creating so many opportunities for the offense that weren't there before.

Now hopefully they address the speed issue on defense.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Speed kills in the NFL now-a-days, we have lacked it for years. One of the scout type guys I follow has been saying he doesn't see how Grant can't do anything Hill does for the Chiefs, he just needed the chance and he is getting it now.

I'm completely open to cutting Kiko. He's worthless no matter the amount of dead money it would cost.

Roquan Smith is my pick in the first as of right now. Add speed to the LB core. Then use Smith and Anthony as your coverage LBs and have Kiko and McMillan in base. That would change the defense significantly.

About 8 million after June 1 to cut Alonzo. That's a tough hit. After next year it is only 25 000, He'll be gone then.
    OMG! As I type this Parker caught a deep pass in double coverage. Actually, OMG Parker caught a ball!
    EDIT: I just tuned in and saw that nice play, but then Larsen kills the drive with a stupid penalty. On 3rd and 24 we call a (wait for it)....bubble screen! Nothing says we give up like a bubble screen down by 2 scores in the 4th on 3rd and 24. Back to Christmas Eve festivities with the family, so I'll have to read about how this one turned out but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 12-24-2017 at 04:49 PM.

I guess I was wrong on hoping to see more of Derby lol. 3 times we tried a fade to him and Cutler wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    About 8 million after June 1 to cut Alonzo. That's a tough hit. After next year it is only 25 000, He'll be gone then.
    OMG! As I type this Parker caught a deep pass in double coverage. Actually, OMG Parker caught a ball!
    I legit don't care how much it costs to cut him this year. He hurts the team more being on the field.

It's another throwaway year. No worries. I am actually trying to learn more about the college game lately. The NFL kind of soured me last week.

Kiko would cost 6,562,500 in 2018 and 2019 if we do a post June 1st cut. His cap hit is $9,650,000 next year so you save a few million but then have to have that same hit the next year. He is an OK 2 down LB but we over paid by alot to keep him.

Cutler has been disappointingly inaccurate last couple weeks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Cutler has been disappointingly inaccurate last couple weeks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I think he as been most of the year. Even on the good days the ball is not well-placed. The patriots game was awesome though.
    I feel like he is kind of like Tannehill back in his first couple of years, who has improved, but is still not fantastic at placing it on the spot where receivers can catch in stride and gain a lot of YAC. That is a subtle but big part of great offenses now. That second where you adjust to the ball before turning up field is all it takes for fast NFL defenders to close on you, even if a good offensive play or a good route run has created some space. I think that if that continues to improve when he comes back we have a very good shot at the playoffs again, regardless of other changes this off season.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 12-25-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Kiko would cost 6,562,500 in 2018 and 2019 if we do a post June 1st cut. His cap hit is $9,650,000 next year so you save a few million but then have to have that same hit the next year. He is an OK 2 down LB but we over paid by alot to keep him.
    I looked again and still see that he is only a $25,000 hit (post June 1) after the 2018 season. However, when I looked back I did notice as you said that he does carry a big cap number next year. So he may be gone after all. Not that we have great LB's, but there will be room to make changes and we have McMillan coming back at one spot. Depending on what kind of other changes we make this off season he could be gone or just a very expensive part-time player. I know he isn't great in pass coverage, but I just wish he would learn how to pursue consistently on run plays of short passes in front of him. He overruns the ball carrier causing him to miss tackles sometimes and you can't do that because it turns a stop into a big play.
    I like Chase Allen and McMillan going forward. Timmons apparently went downhill and lost playing time but I see him making plays, up until this week when I didn't see much of the game. But he may just not want to be here.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 12-25-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Grant is too small to be as good as Hill. seeing Grant the past few weeks has shown me he still has a long ways to go in his development. he might not make the team next year

Cutler was accurate with the exception of his passes to Derby. Derby is good though

Parker catch wasnt that hard. was a better throw. the defenders had no idea where the ball was to make a play

Drake is showing some signs of promise

overall i thought Cutler and Howard had the best days for us

Demetrius Harris impressed me most of all out of both teams. screw Jimmy Graham. I want us to trade for this guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast