Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Jamies Winston

Jamies Winston

This year is almost over and with only about 230yrds and 3TDs away from hitting 3k+ yards and 20+ TDS again in his first 3years, what our your over all thoughts on how our franchise QB has performed?

I believe he will be with us for some time and Iím confident with some OL help and a top 15Def, we will push for the playoffs each year with him.

My only complaints so far is he lacks Deep ball accuracy and he sounds dumb at times (I know heís very smart in film studies, but pre game hype and interviews he sounds like a 10year old...).

Over all, heís still our best chance at a respectable franchise in the future and Iím not displeased with him being our franchise QB (as long as he improves the deep ball lol).

Tampa Bay All The Way

P.s. I obviously know he would have passed up those stats if he wasnít hurt for several games. Just pointing out that dispite missing games and being hurt for a couple, he still looks ready to put up respectable numbers for a team thatís under .500

I'm not really sure what discussion you want to have?

If one were to watch and really study this season with Winston, they would find he had the best start to a season pre injury in his career. His completion percentage was up, yards way up, INT way down.

Even now his yards per game are the same as usual while missing 2 full half and more, meaning it should be higher by about 1/11. His INT % is down, completion % up 3+ points, QB rating up.

He's coming off possibly his best game in a row, 3 TDs, 0 INT, almost 80% completion.

He should be the QB here for the next 10 years and I believe will have MVP caliber seasons and multiple SB runs, just need continued development, roster progression and a little luck.

Simply discussing his performance this year and thoughts on him in general. There was parts of this season that people had doubts on him being our QB going forward (before he actually missed games I seen it the most).

My biggest gripe with him was his deep throws but I believe that will improve. He has the arm strength, just very inconsistent and poor judgement on deep ball

Quote Originally Posted by UnderGodsArmor7 View Post
    Simply discussing his performance this year and thoughts on him in general. There was parts of this season that people had doubts on him being our QB going forward (before he actually missed games I seen it the most).

My biggest gripe with him was his deep throws but I believe that will improve. He has the arm strength, just very inconsistent and poor judgement on deep ball
    You can't listen to people, people are stupid.

Look what happened to a not fully healthy Rodgers a week ago, 3 underthrown interceptions. That was a collarbone too not a shoulder ligament.

Through first 4 games
    2015: 965 Pass Yards 6 Pass TD 7 INT 55 Comp Pct 71.2 Rating
    2016: 1108 Pass Yards 8 Pass TD 8 INT 58 Comp Pct 72.9 Rating
    2017: 1198 Pass Yards 7 Pass TD 3 INT 61 Comp Pct 92.4 Rating

In season 1 and 2 he started off slow, got better and better and by middle of year was really playing well. This year out of the box he was limiting his INTs, completing a significantly higher amount of passes and throwing the ball great. We were 2-2, should of been 3-1 if not for Folk.

Extrapolate his first 4 games in 2017 out, even though history shows, when healthy, Jameis gets better as the season progresses.

Extrapolation: 4,792 Pass Yards, 28 Pass TD, 12 INT

In season 1 and 2, 46% and 44% of his INTs came in first 4 games, so you could have been looking at a 6 or 7 INT season based off how he started 2017.

I said at the time I though the Pass Yards would come down a little, the INT raise just slightly and a couple more Yes. Something like 4400 Pass Yards, 32 Pass TD 9 INT.that was if he stayed healthy. He didn't, due to sub par OL play. Bad OLs get Franchise QBs hurt.

Mentally he is in the best place ever and I've seen significant improvement innhis game this year, taking that into next year with same weapons at WR, TE and hopefully some help on OL and RB expect more of the same from Jameis. That's the one argument for Dirk to stay, despite record and injury, when healthy Winston has been at his best so far in his career in 2017 when he's been healthy.

Honestly I thought the talk about Jameis would die when he balled the he'll out on MNF. No run game, ****** defense, Barber fumble inside 5 yard line and still almost beat a playoff team while Jameis went off.

I like Famous, just hope nothing happens with the Uber situation.

That last throw to Godwin; for the game; should be proof positive for anyone who can respectably call themselves a Bucs fan that Jameis is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    That last throw to Godwin; for the game; should be proof positive for anyone who can respectably call themselves a Bucs fan that Jameis is the man.
    9 out of 10 QBs don't have the guts to attempt that throw. They'd rather run a 5 yard out route and put the pressure on the kicker.

Can't make a better throw than that though.

I love Jameis. I think he still has growth in front of him. Growth that obviously some fans think they should have already seen and maybe that is why they want to move on from him, but the idea is absolutely ridiculous.

If you take into consideration his cost, ability, how good he already is and how much better he can get, and what the alternatives are, there is just no way to put together an intelligent argument as to why we should move on from Winston. I welcome someone to try