Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Probably total bs but someone said the times reported it would be a

Harrison and Cole for

Frazier, Adams and Andujar.

I have yet to see anything similar. But, I guess something to keep an eye on.
    Read similar.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

According to a source, the Yankees still like Gerrit Cole and have interest, but any momentum toward a deal with the Pirates may have been overstated Thursday night. Teams still talking, but nothing imminent.
    - Mark Feinsand

Well then.

Heyman and other are saying thing may have been exaggerated about a deal being close but that their was still a good chance a deal is still going to happen. IMO Frazier and Adams plus some lottery tickets is a very good deal for Cole. I think people are way overvaluing our prospects and severely undervaluing Cole. Cole has absolute ace potential, his biggest problem is he has thrown his FB way 2 much the last 2 yrs and gotten away from his plus slider and plus CU. That was Sevy's problem a couple yrs ago and we saw what Rothchild was able to do with him. FB's get hit harder and more often than any other pitch and if a pitcher throws them to often its going to be reflected in their numbers.

Cole is very similar to Sevy stuff wise, I believe his avg FB velo was 2nd only to Sevys last yr. His stuff is amazing, he has very solid mechanics and control, he just has fallen in love with his FB velo. When he was so good in 15 he threw his SL much more and the results were far better. I have no doubt Rothchild can fix him.

Frazier is a great prospect but he's not even the best OF prospect in the system. Florial is a legit 5 tool LHed CFer that could easily play any of the OF positions and seems to be the ofer that fits better in the Yanks long term plans

Adams is another very good prospect but a legit argument could be made that he's not even the best starting pitching prospect we have. If the Yankees we completely sold on him being a starter i highly doubt they would be shopping him like they are. If our system wasn't absolutely stacked with starters that have just as high or higher ceiling as Adams i could understand not trading him.

If we could expand the deal to include Harrison without giving up Torres or Florial, which i believe theres no chance Cash gives either up, we would be getting to very good MLB players that could contribute alot next yr for a package of prospects that have a minimal chance of making significant chance of impacting the team next yr.

IMO if were realistic Cole alone would be a huge addition for us but if we were able to get both, without giving up Torres or Florial that would be an incredible haul for us IMO

- Mark Feinsand

Well then.
    Nice thread rc

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He is not worth the prospects that will be lost. He will pitch to a mid 4+ ERA and be the third or 4th starter.
    Frazier and adams plus some fillers would be a fair cost. Anything more is throwing away players.

If Cole could consistently be what he was 2 years ago? He might be worth it. Sits mid 90s. Can hit upper 90s and occasionally 100. Great slider. Good change. He's essentially Adams but what you would want Adams to be as a finished product.
    Why would you think Cole will pitch to a mid 4 ERA when he has never been a mid 4 ERA guy even in his worst year?

- Mark Feinsand

Well then.
    You really believed something that someone who works for Yahoo put out?

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Why would you think Cole will pitch to a mid 4 ERA when he has never been a mid 4 ERA guy even in his worst year?
    Imo might have something to do with pitching in the AL ?

Truth is, he's a career 3.50 pitcher, this season his ERA was 4.26. Add the DH instead of the auto out and it could easily settle into mid 4's.
    Last edited by drt1010; 12-22-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I don't want anything to do with Cole if it costs Frazier. I would trade for Fulmer.

This is not the 2015 Cole we are getting. We already took a chance on a "high-end starter" with lower stats than their best season in Sonny Gray. Do you really want to add the 26th best pitching WAR from last season for the Yankees #2 and #3 prospects? Chance Adams is right now #53 on MLB.com's list. That list includes Ohtani, so it is still being updated bit by bit.

I rather sign Yu Darvish and develop a SP outta of Chance Adams. Prefer to trade for a household name. To give Boston credit, Sale was an established front-line starter that didn't dip as much in production as 2015 vs 2017 Cole did.

Trade for Greinke, Fulmer, deGrom, or Carrasco. All should be considered first before Cole.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...on1=2017&ind=0
    Last edited by Wade n Fade; 12-22-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Joel Sherman: No Florial/Sheffield in deal.

I don't mind trading a couple of our pitching prospects for him because we suck at developing starters. But I don't want to give up a huge package with Frazier or florial included.

Is montgemory really that bad that we can't trust him to be the #5 and do we have no faith in Adams to eventually work his way to earning a spot or being the insurance guy? I thought monty was solid. I understand Cole has better stuff, but he's put up mediocre numbers in a terrible division. It almost feels like the Gray trade. Gray is a solid pitcher but he didn't look good once he came to the american league east. Another thing that i don't like is that Cole will be under team control for only two years.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I don't mind trading a couple of our pitching prospects for him because we suck at developing starters. But I don't want to give up a huge package with Frazier or florial included.

Is montgemory really that bad that we can't trust him to be the #5 and do we have no faith in Adams to eventually work his way to earning a spot or being the insurance guy? I thought monty was solid. I understand Cole has better stuff, but he's put up mediocre numbers in a terrible division. It almost feels like the Gray trade. Gray is a solid pitcher but he didn't look good once he came to the american league east. Another thing that i don't like is that Cole will be under team control for only two years.
    You can never have enough pitching. Even if they add Cole, Monty will end up starting a lot of games next year. This has nothing to do with how they feel about Montgomery.

Jeff Passan‏Verified account 2M
    @JeffPassan
    On Gerrit Cole, sources say a deal with the Yankees is neither close nor imminent. The sentiment is same as last night: There’s room for a deal to be made, and they match up very well together. Both sides know that. Right now, it’s a staring contest.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo might have something to do with pitching in the AL ?

Truth is, he's a career 3.50 pitcher, this season his ERA was 4.26. Add the DH instead of the auto out and it could easily settle into mid 4's.
    All the league and park adjusted metrics still say Cole is above average. Everyone always makes this NL to AL argument and how often does it make a significant difference? Some people get better(Kuroda).

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jeff Passan‏Verified account 2M
    @JeffPassan
    On Gerrit Cole, sources say a deal with the Yankees is neither close nor imminent. The sentiment is same as last night: There’s room for a deal to be made, and they match up very well together. Both sides know that. Right now, it’s a staring contest.
    So, it comes down to reporter credibility to decide whom to believe? I think I will stick with the Joel Shermans of the world before Passan. Yankees have the leverage because they can go elsewhere and get Fulmer. Pirates need to rebuild asap and need assets back.

Frazier, Adams, and Andujar for Cole???? That dude better be lights out.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast