Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions win!!!!

6 100.00%
  • Lions lose

0 0%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Stafford was garbage today as well so make sure to blame him as well. Canít baby him on his bad days.
    His love for Stafford is beyond pathetic. Caldwell sucks and probably doesnít deserve to be head coach but him alone being the fall guy is bs.

Stafford was absolutely horrible against a team that didnít even want to win. The guy just cannot win a game when it matters.
    Last edited by One Nut Kruk; 12-25-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Stafford was garbage today as well so make sure to blame him as well. Canít baby him on his bad days.
    Did I say he played good? i'm happy we lost. i don't care if he played like poorly which he did lol

This is going to get Caldwell fired and i've been waiting for this for a long time

Hope we get Bill Belichick, because there ain't another coach in this league that can get this bum roster a playoff win. You hire a new GM to acquire talent, and we have less talent now than when Caldwell got here. Unacceptable.

Poorly is an understatement. He was absolute dog ****.

This is the kind of game that an elite QB wins every time.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Did I say he played good? i'm happy we lost. i don't care if he played like poorly which he did lol

This is going to get Caldwell fired and i've been waiting for this for a long time
    I want Caldwell fired and gone as well. But Stafford could have been average today and we win. As bad as Caldwell is Stafford was horrible.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

I want Caldwell fired and gone as well. But Stafford could have been average today and we win. As bad as Caldwell is Stafford was horrible.
    Yes he could have been average but he wasn't. Caldwell can't get the best out of his players. Soon as the game started it was just a sloppy cluster **** every where. Should've been up by 21 at halftime. the entire team has come out sloppy like 8 straight games. we look so unprepared and that falls on the coach

This team has a problem with making things hard when it can be easy. we need to follow what the Rams did.

our next HC hire has to be a really good move. Right now I don't know who we should bring in but I do have people in mind. idc what anyone says, we need to bring in an offensive head coach

I must be the only one that thinks Stafford wasn't terrible today. The defense couldn't stop anything, but the passes Staff placed perfectly to Ebron were gorgeous, especially the one that just cleared Rey for a gain that nearly scored. The Golladay drop bothers me, that would've gone down as another amazing Stafford throw but it doesn't count because it went right through his hands.

I'm not acting like Stafford played a great game or anything, overall it left something to be desired, but he wasn't terrible. I know the response is "27M isn't allowed to be anything less than awesome", but I don't believe Stafford was the reason we lost.

I know I know, excuses excuses... which reminds me, how many O Lineman were healthy? excuses excuses

bleh

edit: I want to watch the slow replays tomorrow if anyone has the link, I'm also thinking of 3rd down drops by Marvin and Ebron when Staff either audibled or scrambled. The Tate non challenge is another, even though we all know the Lions would never win that challenge no matter how hard the announcer was calling for it
    Last edited by GuySir; 12-25-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I must be the only one that thinks Stafford wasn't terrible today. The defense couldn't stop anything, but the passes Staff placed perfectly to Ebron were gorgeous, especially the one that just cleared Rey for a gain that nearly scored. The Golladay drop bothers me, that would've gone down as another amazing Stafford throw but it doesn't count because it went right through his hands.

I'm not acting like Stafford played a great game or anything, overall it left something to be desired, but he wasn't terrible. I know the response is "27M isn't allowed to be anything less than awesome", but I don't believe Stafford was the reason we lost.

I know I know, excuses excuses... which reminds me, how many O Lineman were healthy? excuses excuses

bleh

edit: I want to watch the slow replays tomorrow if anyone has the link, I'm also thinking of 3rd down drops by Marvin and Ebron when Staff either audibled or scrambled. The Tate non challenge is another, even though we all know the Lions would never win that challenge no matter how hard the announcer was calling for it
    don't forget Prater missing that field goal.

3rd and 6... most important down of the season, if you stop them we have a chance... nope 20 yard rush TD lol.

isn't it funny that you expected that to happen?

I honestly donít think it matters who our head coach is. As long as #9 is under center, weíll continue to pull our hair out each year with his inconsistent play.

I said all along that they should have moved him, traded for Jimmy G. We can continue to blame coaching... and honestly the ones that do, myself included are not wrong but coaching is really only half the problem. Stafford will be on his 3rd head coach and probably 4th OC.

Honest question now after my rant.

Has their been a player in the nfl to make it to the SB with their 3rd HC and 4th different OC while still playing for the same organization the whole time? The odds of this happening have to be pretty small. The only one I can think of is maybe Matt Ryan. Even that though I think is only 2 HCís. Iím sure I am missing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Primestein View Post
    I honestly donít think it matters who our head coach is. As long as #9 is under center, weíll continue to pull our hair out each year with his inconsistent play.

I said all along that they should have moved him, traded for Jimmy G. We can continue to blame coaching... and honestly the ones that do, myself included are not wrong but coaching is really only half the problem. Stafford will be on his 3rd head coach and probably 4th OC.

Has their been a player in the nfl to make it to the SB with their 3rd HC and 4th different OC while still playing for the same organization the whole time? The odds of this happening have to be pretty small. The only one I can think of is maybe Matt Ryan. Even that though I think is only 2 HCís. Iím sure I am missing someone.
    I'd say coaching is really 20% of the overall structure. The remaining 80% is the talent. People like to point to McVay and say that he is the reason why coaching > players, but I disagree. The Rams got significantly better in the offseason - added 3 WRs that all start for them. Added a top 3 LT, and helped address that OL. That PLUS McVay and Wade Phillips is what helped them make the leap. If they ran McVay's offense with last year's team it just doesn't work nearly as well. Look at a team like the Saints. We know Payton is a good head coach, yet he hadn't been a contender for pretty much any part of this decade. The second they have a good draft, they're contenders again because they have legitimate talent. This Lions team needs talent, and everybody's deity savior Bob Quinn has drafted 2 starters in 2 drafts, and handed out 2 big contracts to OL and then signed a ton of back ups. That's it. He has obvious needs in this draft and he has a ton of cap space (8th in cap space, only one team better than us w/more is the Vikings, and they have to extend quite a few guys). If he doesn't hit on talent this offseason, it doesn't matter if he signs Belichick + Parcells + Payton + Dave Toub, we're ****ed. This team stinks.

Not sure about OCs but I know Elway didn't win a SB til his 3rd HC. Started with Dan Reeves, then Wade Phillips, then Shanahan

edit: digging a little deeper it doesn't look like they always had an OC in Denver, I'm guessing Reeves did it himself a few years? other than him there was Shanahan, Chan Gailey, George Henshaw, Jim Fassel, and Gary Kubiak
    Last edited by GuySir; 12-25-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Not sure about OCs but I know Elway didn't win a SB til his 3rd HC. Started with Dan Reeves, then Wade Phillips, then Shanahan
    Only one I can think of in recent history that's reasonably close ^

If I can just run off the SB QBs in recent history, almost all of them have had 1 HC outside of Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    This Lions team needs talent, and everybody's deity savior Bob Quinn has drafted 2 starters in 2 drafts, and handed out 2 big contracts to OL and then signed a ton of back ups. That's it. He has obvious needs in this draft and he has a ton of cap space (8th in cap space, only one team better than us w/more is the Vikings, and they have to extend quite a few guys). If he doesn't hit on talent this offseason, it doesn't matter if he signs Belichick + Parcells + Payton + Dave Toub, we're ****ed. This team stinks.
    Davis, Robinson, Decker, Glasgow, Anthony Zettel are all starters along with Agnew who is now our special teams return man...while Joe Dahl has started several games this year due to injury. Teez has seen his role increase and Killabrew still plays key role with this team. Jaleen Reeves looks like he could be a talented player as well.

I don't really understand the arguement that Quinn hasn't brought in talent. Has if filled every single hole on this roster, of course not but the draft picks are playing and they are adding depth like most good teams do. Yes we are hurt at DT but blame the last gm that let both starters go in one year and had no backups signed long term. Yes we are thin at DE, but 2 season ending injuries and Ansah never healthy is also an issue there.

So yes Quinn has a lot of work to do but he also has done a good job getting talent for this team. Next year is a key year I think a lot of people are being way to hard on Davis and I think he will be much improved in his second year. If Lawson leaves for free agency than you will be thankful that we took Tabor in round 2 and he will be ready to slide in as a starter next year.

As far as the offense goes I really think Oline blocking scheme is just bad for this team and an offseason where everyone can actually be healthy would be nice.

Most people say you don't start grading drafts till after the 3rd year...we still haven't seen what Quinn has brought to this team. I will say this the depth is much better and 1st/2nd round talent at DT and DE will make this team better.

As far as free agency being a huge knock on Quinn I really think we have to say Quinn hit it on Marvin Jones...the way he played last year I was a huge critique but even though he isn't getting separation still is making some nice plays for this team. Wagner and Lang were never healthy this year and I would be worried if Lang was sitting out because of his hip surgery but that wasn't the case.

We are going into an offseason were we are expected to have 50+million in cap space:

Haloti Ngata DT 33 DET TBD $6,000,000 UFA -
    Greg Robinson LT 25 DET TBD $5,321,025 UFA -
    Ezekiel Ansah DE 28 DET TBD $4,648,629 UFA Market Value
    Tahir Whitehead OLB 27 DET TBD $4,000,000 UFA Market Value
    D.J. Hayden CB 27 DET TBD $3,750,000 UFA -
    Paul Worrilow OLB 27 DET TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
    Don Carey SS 30 DET TBD $1,350,000 UFA -
    Tavon Wilson SS 27 DET TBD $1,100,000 UFA -
    Don Muhlbach LS 36 DET TBD $1,080,000 UFA -
    Darren Fells TE 31 DET TBD $1,000,000 UFA -
    Dwight Freeney OLB 37 DET TBD $1,000,000 UFA -
    Jordan Hill DT 26 DET TBD $855,000 UFA -
    Nick Bellore ILB 28 DET TBD $775,000 UFA -
    Don Barclay RT 28 DET TBD $775,000 UFA -
    Mike James RB 26 DET TBD $775,000 UFA -
    Travis Swanson C 26 DET TBD $739,243 UFA -
    Nevin Lawson CB 26 DET TBD $630,146 UFA -

and as far as I am concerned Lawson and Whitehead are the only ones I am worried about coming back. Whitehead should be a nice bench player and Lawson could still be the starter or even the nickel back for this team.

Swanson is done...second straight year ending it with multiple games in a row missed due to head injury. Glasgow takes his spot at C where he actually outplayed Swanson.

Ngata is too old to offer any large contract to

Ansah is too unreliable to offer a large contract to but if he wants to play for a middle of a road starting de contract I would bring him back.

Wilson would be nice to bring back but I think he wants to test FA after proving he is a starter and Diggs can take his spot as proven the last few weeks.

Darren Fells is a nice TE option but I think Michael Roberts will be ready to replace him next year.

Everyone else are stop gap back ups.

List of Guards available next year

Luke Joeckel G 26 SEA TBD $8,000,000 UFA -
    Shawn Lauvao G 30 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
    Andre Smith G 30 CIN TBD $3,250,000 UFA -
    Jermon Bushrod G 33 MIA TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
    D.J. Fluker G 26 NYG TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
    Andrew Norwell G 26 CAR TBD $2,746,000 UFA -
    Jahri Evans G 34 GB TBD $2,250,000 UFA -
    Joe Berger G 35 MIN TBD $2,165,000 UFA -
    Justin Pugh G 27 NYG TBD $2,086,475 UFA -
    Matt Slauson G 31 LAC TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
    Jonathan Cooper G 27 DAL TBD $2,000,000 UFA -

DT's Available

Dontari Poe DT 27 ATL TBD $8,000,000 UFA Market Value
    Bennie Logan DT 27 KC TBD $8,000,000 UFA Market Value
    Kyle Williams DT 34 BUF TBD $7,433,333 UFA -
    Haloti Ngata DT 33 DET TBD $6,000,000 UFA -
    Clint McDonald DT 30 TB TBD $3,000,000 UFA -
    Shel Richardson DT 27 SEA TBD $2,513,500 UFA Market
    Star Lotulelei DT 28 CAR TBD $2,401,125 UFA -
    Tom Johnson DT 33 MIN TBD $2,333,333 UFA -
    Sharrif Floyd DT 25 MIN TBD $2,019,050 UFA -
    Stephen Paea DT 29 DAL TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
    Dominique Easley DT 25 LA TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
    Courtney Upshaw DT 28 ATL TBD $1,150,000 UFA -
    Sealver Siliga DT 28 TB TBD $1,100,000 UFA -
    Frostee Rucker DT 34 ARI TBD $1,080,000 UFA -
    Pat Sims DT 32 CIN TBD $1,000,000 UFA -

two of the above along with 1st or 2nd round pick spent on DE/DT and this team is a very much improved team.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Worst rushing team in the league
    Most sacks given up in the NFL
    Defense is a dumpster fire other than the secondary
    The worst coach in the league, yes the worst and it's not even closssssse

Blames the QB that is top 5 in most of the stats for QB's in the NFC

there's no logic behind that what so ever.

any team with Stafford that has a competent run game and defense will be a super bowl contender.

what we need to do is hire an offensive coach that knows how to run an offense, how to establish a run game.

ever since Stafford has taken over that 0-16 team we have had HISTORICALLY terrible run game and defense year in year out. you can't win like that in the NFL . like man the last 3 years under Caldwell we gone from 28th to 29th to last in the league in rushing... what a joke

but yeah, Stafford ain't going no where

So get ready to choose who you want as our next head coach homie

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Davis, Robinson, Decker, Glasgow, Anthony Zettel are all starters along with Agnew who is now our special teams return man...while Joe Dahl has started several games this year due to injury. Teez has seen his role increase and Killabrew still plays key role with this team. Jaleen Reeves looks like he could be a talented player as well.

I don't really understand the arguement that Quinn hasn't brought in talent. Has if filled every single hole on this roster, of course not but the draft picks are playing and they are adding depth like most good teams do. Yes we are hurt at DT but blame the last gm that let both starters go in one year and had no backups signed long term. Yes we are thin at DE, but 2 season ending injuries and Ansah never healthy is also an issue there.

So yes Quinn has a lot of work to do but he also has done a good job getting talent for this team. Next year is a key year I think a lot of people are being way to hard on Davis and I think he will be much improved in his second year. If Lawson leaves for free agency than you will be thankful that we took Tabor in round 2 and he will be ready to slide in as a starter next year.

As far as the offense goes I really think Oline blocking scheme is just bad for this team and an offseason where everyone can actually be healthy would be nice.

Most people say you don't start grading drafts till after the 3rd year...we still haven't seen what Quinn has brought to this team. I will say this the depth is much better and 1st/2nd round talent at DT and DE will make this team better.

As far as free agency being a huge knock on Quinn I really think we have to say Quinn hit it on Marvin Jones...the way he played last year I was a huge critique but even though he isn't getting separation still is making some nice plays for this team. Wagner and Lang were never healthy this year and I would be worried if Lang was sitting out because of his hip surgery but that wasn't the case.
    I'm talking starter level talent, not starting on this team talent. Starter talent is guys that would start for a majority of teams in the league. The Browns GM has drafted tons of starters, how many of them will start on the Lions? Outside of Garrett and maybe another guy, very few. That's what I'm getting at. Of course Robinson and Zettel start for us, we legitimately have nobody else that can take their jobs. It's like saying Greg Robinson is a solid player because he started for us -- no he started because we had legitimately nothing else. He was ***, and so is most of entire DL and front in general.

Basically, we do not have enough legitimate starter level players. I hate this stat because it's so cliche and misused these days, but if you had a WAR (Wins Above Replacement Level) stat for NFL players, you'd find that most of our starters outside of Quin/Stafford/Slay/Jones/Tate would be replacement level players, AKA they're starters here, but probably not elsewhere. For example, Zettel and A'Shawn are backups on good teams. We are not a good team -- just a decent one, and we've been that for 2 years under Quinn with very little to suggest that we'll be anything more next year.

Just look at us compared to some of the other teams narrowly ahead of us in the playoff conversation. Forget the division winners, just took at Seattle/Dallas (now knocked out)/New Orleans/Atlanta. Where do our starters fit in on their teams? Does anybody in our front 7s fit into any of theirs? Maybe Whitehead? How about the trenches, all those teams except Seattle have a far superior OL. RB maybe? We got a few RBs, I think Riddick could be used in Seattle, but he's not taking snaps away from Dallas/New Orleans/Atlanta RBs. Guys like Quin/Slay/Tate and even Jones could find roles on those teams certainly, but the list is incredibly short after that, and that's what I mean. We have starters simply because every team has to have them, but actual good starters? We're lacking significantly and that's not debatable.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast