Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    As far as I can see the difference is whether the refs blows the whistle. I've seen defenders called for being near the offensive player and offensive players called for swinging an arm with no contact, likewise I've seen defenders maul the offensive player with no call and seen offensive players literally knock the defender out with an elbow and have the foul go on the defender.
    This leads into the bigger issue here. Refs suck. For real im not trying to sound like a cry baby but i think most of us can agree the consistently of NBA officials is awful. I know Refing basketball isn't easy. Just playing the game i know this. But U have guys get a foul for a slight bump outside. then someone can drive inside and get hip checked with nothing called. Also it seems like every official still falls for flops which they are not suppose to call anymore. It seems as if every offical have there own set of rules. This needs to change. Maybe start fining or suspending refs for an amount of bad calls? IDK something needs to happen.

Lebron was fouled by Durant if u are following the NBA rules. But I've seen a lot more contact take place with no fouls called and a lot less contact with fouls called lol. Not consistent at all.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    His skill level has increased to another level over the years but I don't think we should discount the defensive end, granted Bron has put forth more effort on that end this year, younger Bron was just a beast like no other. The constant pressure he put on you on both ends, we'll never see that again.

Curiously, do you think current kd would have stood a better chance at defending that Bron because in those finals KD stood zero chance, which led to a high dose of double teams which led to precision passing to shooters galore. I feel like he's gotten stronger so maybe it would've been a better match. Right now, 1v1 I would lean towards KD but when you factor in how defenses can load up on you, I trust Bron more against heavy defensive attention just cuz he's proven far more against elite defenses.
    Kd vs Miami lebron is a diff story. Heís lost some explosion now. Even tho he has more than made up for it mentally, vs kd specifically it makes no diff. Him losing explosion means kd can get around him while he canít get around kd. Thatís pretty much what it comes down to and why you can visually see lebron wants no part of kd. Heís not used to being on the court with another player who is flat out superior to him when matched up

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    This leads into the bigger issue here. Refs suck. For real im not trying to sound like a cry baby but i think most of us can agree the consistently of NBA officials is awful. I know Refing basketball isn't easy. Just playing the game i know this. But U have guys get a foul for a slight bump outside. then someone can drive inside and get hip checked with nothing called. Also it seems like every official still falls for flops which they are not suppose to call anymore. It seems as if every offical have there own set of rules. This needs to change. Maybe start fining or suspending refs for an amount of bad calls? IDK something needs to happen.

Lebron was fouled by Durant if u are following the NBA rules. But I've seen a lot more contact take place with no fouls called and a lot less contact with fouls called lol. Not consistent at all.
    I think they need to add a 4th ref so they can reduce their areas of focus so they can be more consistent and maybe stop missing so many fundamental calls.

I think they need to add a 4th ref so they can reduce their areas of focus so they can be more consistent and maybe stop missing so many fundamental calls.
    I've long thought this, the only problem I foresee (certainly in the short term) is you're going to get more foul calls because more eyes will catch more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Kd vs Miami lebron is a diff story. Heís lost some explosion now. Even tho he has more than made up for it mentally, vs kd specifically it makes no diff. Him losing explosion means kd can get around him while he canít get around kd. Thatís pretty much what it comes down to and why you can visually see lebron wants no part of kd. Heís not used to being on the court with another player who is flat out superior to him when matched up
    That's not what i see but to each his own, both guys have scored at will throughout their matchups, even just focusing on dubs era KD vs older LeBron, I've seen Bron dominate superior defenses plenty but yeah KD is among the best, we're witnessing peak KD

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    That's not what i see but to each his own, both guys have scored at will throughout their matchups, even just focusing on dubs era KD vs older LeBron, I've seen Bron dominate superior defenses plenty but yeah KD is among the best, we're witnessing peak KD
    Well Durant is on the best defensive team in the league. Hard to consistently best superior defenses.....when there aren't any actually superior to yours.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

let em know!!
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've long thought this, the only problem I foresee (certainly in the short term) is you're going to get more foul calls because more eyes will catch more stuff.
    Yeah, but as long as the refs are consistent the players adjust quickly.

How would u feel about reply being used more? maybe coaches receiving 2-3 challenges. Have a 4th official at the scores table already reviewing everything to speed up the process. ( I've always thought it was stupid for the officials on the court to review plays.)
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Well Durant is on the best defensive team in the league. Hard to consistently best superior defenses.....when there aren't any actually superior to yours.

I'm sure a stat you don't understand says they are the best defensive team in the league but they aren't

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'm sure a stat you don't understand says they are the best defensive team in the league but they aren't
    I understand every stat out there I'm current with advanced analytics across all major sports, nice try though.

At best you'd show me a singular stat that has another team currently 1st, which shouldn't be hard to do. Just like the Warriors are far and away the best team and might not hold 1st place in the conference the whole season, they are also the best defensive team without topping individual metrics throughout a whole season. Our defense has been top 1-7 for the last 6 years or so. That consistency and body of work earns you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    How would u feel about reply being used more? maybe coaches receiving 2-3 challenges. Have a 4th official at the scores table already reviewing everything to speed up the process. ( I've always thought it was stupid for the officials on the court to review plays.)
    I've actually proposed the challenge thing myself, and every challenge costs a timeout. No need to have the review ref at the table, they can be in NY and the refs on the floor can get the answer in seconds. This idea that the ref on the floor has to be the final arbiter is silly.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516