Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 237
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,891
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Nastynice is off base with his angle on stats, but that aside, what did you disagree with there? Would love to hear it.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Because KD didn't stack up to Lebron before he went to GS. So when we're talking ISO, KD changes teams and gets better against the same dude? That doesn't make any sense. It's been talked to death and he still looks back at a few plays during a few games after KD cowered over to GS.


    Also, he's pointed to the Christmas Day game where the league came out and said they missed some fouls that KD committed. That's not ISO favorable when you stop a guy but it's because you're allowed to foul him for some reason.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Because KD didn't stack up to Lebron before he went to GS. So when we're talking ISO, KD changes teams and gets better against the same dude? That doesn't make any sense. It's been talked to death and he still looks back at a few plays during a few games after KD cowered over to GS.


    Also, he's pointed to the Christmas Day game where the league came out and said they missed some fouls that KD committed. That's not ISO favorable when you stop a guy but it's because you're allowed to foul him for some reason.
    Ain't nobody calling that weak *** foul, if the roles were reversed I certainly wouldn't have expected it

    Especially after watching him stiff arm all game, tryina stiff arm his way to contact, ain't nobody buying that weak ****. He knew his **** was about to get sent, return to sender, so he flailed.

    KD definitely bumped him at the free throw line tho before the shot, no call, oh well. Sometimes you're the first player in league history to get a flagrant for pushing someone standing over them, sometimes you get away with a bump on the last play. Cookie crumble
    Last edited by nastynice; 01-02-2018 at 09:04 PM.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,891
    Both of those final drives were clear fouls. The first one, he got smacked in the groin by a KD karate chop, the second there were two fouls committed. Get your head out of your homer *** every once in awhile.

    And again, that flagrant was deserved from Game 5. Cut out your **** posting.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    OK it's not laughable
    So were you trolling or do you actually get what me and others have been saying now? Im just curious if you changed your perspective here or not at all?

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So were you trolling or do you actually get what me and others have been saying now? Im just curious if you changed your perspective here or not at all?
    I understood what you were saying from the beginning, I don't agree, I think it's been clearly demonstrated to us that kd can handle LeBron on either side of the court and LeBron can't handle kd on either side of the court. Everything you are mentioning is very secondary to this fact. If you prioritize that higher then cool

    It's not laughable tho, LeBrons been unstoppable in his own right

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Both of those final drives were clear fouls. The first one, he got smacked in the groin by a KD karate chop, the second there were two fouls committed. Get your head out of your homer *** every once in awhile.

    And again, that flagrant was deserved from Game 5. Cut out your **** posting.
    Haha, the second to last drive is also hilarious because again, the contact was created by LeBron trying to stiff arm.

    Both plays is LeBron knowing he can't deal with that durantula length and using his off arm to try and clear space.

    Watch the replays

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,891
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, the second to last drive is also hilarious because again, the contact was created by LeBron trying to stiff arm.

    Both plays is LeBron knowing he can't deal with that durantula length and using his off arm to try and clear space.

    Watch the replays
    I did. There's a difference between clearing space and committing an offensive foul.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    30,195
    In a short answer to the OP, yes of course it could. Losing Curry or Durant for the playoffs could make it very difficult for them to get past the Rockets or maybe the Spurs or Timberwolves and even if they escape the West, they would still have a difficult time without one of those guys against presumably Cleveland.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-02-2018 at 10:19 PM.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So were you trolling or do you actually get what me and others have been saying now? Im just curious if you changed your perspective here or not at all?
    I understood what you were saying from the beginning, I don't agree, I think it's been clearly demonstrated to us that kd can handle LeBron on either side of the court and LeBron can't handle kd on either side of the court. Everything you are mentioning is very secondary to this fact. If you prioritize that higher then cool

    It's not laughable tho, LeBrons been unstoppable in his own right
    Ok fair enough. I simply think that the "everything else" outside of your 6 game sample of a few kd vs lebron ISO's matters while you don't really.

    We can agree to disagree on the subject but your initial stance was off haha that's why I kept responding.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ok fair enough. I simply think that the "everything else" outside of your 6 game sample of a few kd vs lebron ISO's matters while you don't really.

    We can agree to disagree on the subject but your initial stance was off haha that's why I kept responding.
    lol, dammit ok, initial stance was off.

    Part of me wants to double down on it, but I won't..

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,059
    I honestly think, they would still make the conference finals had he been injured long term. shaun livingston be his replacement? difficult to say if they beat a healthy spurs without curry, however I could do it on nba 2k

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I have no clue, I been specifically speaking of the two in terms of being matched up

    As far as overall legacy LeBron is in his own category, kd just going for the 2017/2018 legacy

    Bron isn't declining, he's arguably at his peak

    Which makes the fact that we are seeing kd starting to own a peak LeBron all that much funnier. and ironic
    His skill level has increased to another level over the years but I don't think we should discount the defensive end, granted Bron has put forth more effort on that end this year, younger Bron was just a beast like no other. The constant pressure he put on you on both ends, we'll never see that again.

    Curiously, do you think current kd would have stood a better chance at defending that Bron because in those finals KD stood zero chance, which led to a high dose of double teams which led to precision passing to shooters galore. I feel like he's gotten stronger so maybe it would've been a better match. Right now, 1v1 I would lean towards KD but when you factor in how defenses can load up on you, I trust Bron more against heavy defensive attention just cuz he's proven far more against elite defenses.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    9,956
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Crazy to believe he can't. You act as if he's played on this Warriors team since he was drafted. He has a body of work prior to joining the Warriors and it's outstanding.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Ehh, made the finals once with Westbrook and harden and lost to LeBron/heat in a 4 game sweep. Lebrons still 19-10 i believe vs Durant including finals.

    I do not believe for a 2nd Durant could lead that cavs 2007 team to the finals. Durant's a great shooter and has turned into a good defender. But Lebrons been doing everything Durant is for over a decade.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    9,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Because KD didn't stack up to Lebron before he went to GS. So when we're talking ISO, KD changes teams and gets better against the same dude? That doesn't make any sense. It's been talked to death and he still looks back at a few plays during a few games after KD cowered over to GS.


    Also, he's pointed to the Christmas Day game where the league came out and said they missed some fouls that KD committed. That's not ISO favorable when you stop a guy but it's because you're allowed to foul him for some reason.
    agree here. KD was 8-19 on Christmas also. Nothing to write home about lol.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I did. There's a difference between clearing space and committing an offensive foul.
    As far as I can see the difference is whether the refs blows the whistle. I've seen defenders called for being near the offensive player and offensive players called for swinging an arm with no contact, likewise I've seen defenders maul the offensive player with no call and seen offensive players literally knock the defender out with an elbow and have the foul go on the defender.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •