Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rate My Team 2017 Edition

You all know the drill......post your team here so we can tell you how you did. Post league info including scoring categories. Please return the favor and rate your fellow posters as well.

I'll get this started off:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger - 7th Round
    QB: Dak Prescott - 9th Round

RB: Melvin Gordon - 1st Round
    RB: Ezekiel Elliott - 2nd Round
    RB: Kareem Hunt - 3rd Round

RB: Mike Gillislee - 8th Round
    RB: Rex Burkhead 12th Round
    RB: Jamaal Charles - 13th Round
    RB: Gio Bernard - 14th Round

WR: Terrelle Pryror - 4th Round
    WR: Martavis Bryant - 5th Round
    WR: Marvin Jones - 10th Round

TE: Tyler Eifert - 6th Round
    TE: Cameron Brate - 15th Round

K: Chris Boswell - 16th Round

DT: Chiefs - 11th Round

I picked 10th overall. This is a MFFL league. The rules are PPR, 4 points for passing TD. 12 teams. You can start either 2 RBs/2WRs or 3 RBs/1WR or 1 RB/3WRs.

I didn't plan on starting with 3 RBs but just kinda how the draft went. Wanted Jordy at 10 but he went pick before. I decided to get risky with Zeke thinking I could find a RB or receiver to hold over until he came back. I can use Pryor, Bryant, or Gillislee while Zeke is out. Most of my picks are pretty risky but all have a lot of upside. I probably will end up with a top 3 roster or the worst team in the league lol I bolded my starters.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 08-28-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

I picked 10th overall. This is a MFFL league. The rules are PPR, 4 points for passing TD. 12 teams. You can start either 2 RBs/2WRs or 3 RBs/1WR or 1 RB/3WRs.

I didn't plan on starting with 3 RBs but just kinda how the draft went. Wanted Jordy at 10 but he went pick before. I decided to get risky with Zeke thinking I could find a RB or receiver to hold over until he came back. I can use Pryor, Bryant, or Gillislee while Zeke is out. Most of my picks are pretty risky but all have a lot of upside. I probably will end up with a top 3 roster or the worst team in the league lol I bolded my starters.
    B+

You covered your bases with Gillislee being a boom or bust player by adding in Burkhead. With that unique lineup ability you should have enough to fill in for Elliott until he returns. You did go a little risky, but the upside is there for some of these guys like Hunt, Gillislee, Bryant, Eifert. I wanted Big Ben bad last year, but this year he has the even better supporting cast at a discounted rate..Just have to hope he can turn it around on the road

I've had three drafts so far, and this is the one I'm most disappointed in to a degree so I'll post that one:

PPR, 12th pick in 12 leaguer, 1 point PPR, 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1 TE/1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) K/DEF
    League has keepers after 6th round so Gordon, Ajayi, Thomas were all gone. A few other backs as well like Crowell & Powell

QB: Matthew Stafford (Round 11)

RB: Joe Mixon (Round 3)
    RB: Tevin Coleman (Round 5)
    RB: Adrian Peterson (Round 7)
    RB: Frank Gore (Round 9)
    RB: Darren McFadden (Round 10)
    RB: Samaje Perine (Round 14)

WR: Dez Bryant (Round 1)
    WR: Brandin Cooks (Round 2)
    WR: Jamison Crowder (Round 6)
    WR: Stefon Diggs (Round 8 - KEEPER)
    WR: Kenny Golladay (Round 13)

TE: Travis Kelce (Round 4)
    TE: Jack Doyle (Round 12)

K: Mason Crosby (Round 16 - Picked Joe Williams)
    DEF: Carolina (Round 15)

My hope is that Mixon is able to take over that backfield, but it was Mixon or Marshawn Lynch as the best backs available. Instead of Crowder or Coleman I could have taken Doug Martin, but he also could lose touches to Rodgers/Sims. In my other league I took Mike Gillislee over Coleman, but that was for the upside pick. Didn't really want McFadden, but he gives me a chance to see what happens at RB for a few weeks..In hindsight maybe should have taken DeMarco Murray over Cooks then picked up Derrick Henry.

I had no intention in the world of selecting Adrian Peterson coming into the draft..let alone the ancient Frank Gore..but here I am. Think the Saints offense can offer enough for Ingram/Peterson to both eat in different roles. Took Frank cause he was a Top 15 back last year and if he can be a Top 25-30 in the late 9th I'll take that. Wish I would have taken another QB like Rivers late, but Palmer is still on the wire who I may look to scoop. Part of it was that I needed to look at some potential keepers for next year and McFadden/Peterson/Gore are all not worthy.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 08-29-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    B+

You covered your bases with Gillislee being a boom or bust player by adding in Burkhead. With that unique lineup ability you should have enough to fill in for Elliott until he returns. You did go a little risky, but the upside is there for some of these guys like Hunt, Gillislee, Bryant, Eifert. I wanted Big Ben bad last year, but this year he has the even better supporting cast at a discounted rate..Just have to hope he can turn it around on the road

I've had three drafts so far, and this is the one I'm most disappointed in to a degree so I'll post that one:

PPR, 12th pick in 12 leaguer, 1 point PPR, 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1 TE/1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) K/DEF
    League has keepers after 6th round so Gordon, Ajayi, Thomas were all gone. A few other backs as well like Crowell & Powell

My hope is that Mixon is able to take over that backfield, but it was Mixon or Marshawn Lynch as the best backs available. Instead of Crowder or Coleman I could have taken Doug Martin, but he also could lose touches to Rodgers/Sims. In my other league I took Mike Gillislee over Coleman, but that was for the upside pick. Didn't really want McFadden, but he gives me a chance to see what happens at RB for a few weeks..In hindsight maybe should have taken DeMarco Murray over Cooks then picked up Derrick Henry.

I had no intention in the world of selecting Adrian Peterson coming into the draft..let alone the ancient Frank Gore..but here I am. Think the Saints offense can offer enough for Ingram/Peterson to both eat in different roles. Took Frank cause he was a Top 15 back last year and if he can be a Top 25-30 in the late 9th I'll take that. Wish I would have taken another QB like Rivers late, but Palmer is still on the wire who I may look to scoop. Part of it was that I needed to look at some potential keepers for next year and McFadden/Peterson/Gore are all not worthy.
    Thanks for the input. Pretty much how I feel. I went risky but if Hunt, Pryor or Bryant step up I'll be set. Depending on Zekes suspension, it's very possible I'll have 2 top 5 RBs going into the playoffs. Maybe even 3 in the top 12-15 if Hunt produces in a RB friendly offense. Can't beat that. Just need Pryor or Bryant to give me WR2 numbers.

For your team, you are definitely stacked at WR so in a PPR league you'll be fine. Gore is ancient but he'll still provide you with solid week to week production. Last season the Saints gave over 200 touches to Hightower and Cadet so AP should see plenty of touches to be a solid starter. He'll likely be inconsistent given how Sean Peyton is unpredictable with RBs but there's upside. Mixon is probably the best bet out of all the Bengal RBs to receive the most touches. He has a chance to be a very good player. McFadden will produce if Zeke misses time. Coleman is solid too. If Freeman does down he'll be a stud. Your backs should give you enough points to win games with your receivers and Kelce. You have enough quality backs to play whoever has the best match up.

As for QB I would recommend picking up Palmer. I think he rebounds. John Brown looks healthy again. Fitz and David Johnson will produce. He's a nice QB to pair with Stafford. You could drop Golladay for him. It's doubtful you'll need him. He's gotta fight for targets behind Tate, Jones, and Ebron. Plus Riddick and Abdullah.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 08-29-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845:31824687

Initially I thought this was a bad draft but then saw you only need to start 1 WR. Either Pryor or Bryant could break out in a big way. Love the upside of your RBs and WRs. I personally dont like Ben and Dak so I see that as a weakness but if you play matchups well this could make this team a real threat.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36:31825429
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

B+

Terrible draft. Coleman, AP, and Gore are all worse in PPR and your only reliable back is a rookie with a terrible offensive line who is splitting carries? Yuck.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Ok here is the first draft of the season for me. Its standard league action and I was the 3rd Overall pick. I think the team is solid but RB depth may be an issue if a starter goes down.

Antonio Brown - WR - elite
    DeMarco Murray - RB - best RB on the board at the time of 2nd pick
    Amari Cooper - WR - Solid player
    DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Anyone has to be better then Osweiler at QB
    Mark Ingram - RB - will have less touches per game but should stay fresh and can catch
    Derek Carr - QB - It may have been a reach this early
    Jordan Reed - TE - best available at the pick and if healthy hes solid
    Texans - DST - ended the year stepping it up
    Willie Snead - I figured I can stash him away while hes suspended
    Paul Perkins - could get a few touches
    Eric Decker - WR - TD machine when healthy
    Evan Engram - pass catching TE should get one on one matchups
    Eli Manning - needed a backup and everyone else was taken
    Dustin Hopkins - solid K
    Jaguars - DST - could step up on Defense this year with all the FA's and with a better RB they may not be on the field as long.

Depth
    QB - D Carr
    RB - Murray
    RB - Ingram
    WR - A Brown
    WR - A Cooper
    WR - D Hopkins
    TE - J Reed
    DST - Texans
    K - D Hopkins

Bench
    RB - Perkins
    WR - Snead, Decker
    TE - Engram
    DST - Jags
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

12 team PPR league, 11th pick. No kicker.

QB: Derek Carr
    RB: Isaiah Crowell
    RB: Kareem Hunt
    WR: Mike Evans
    WR: Martavis Bryant
    RB/WR: Brandon Marshall
    TE: Tyler Eifert
    Flex: Mike Wallace
    D/ST: Patriots

BN: Ezekiel Elliot
    BN: Josh Doctson
    BN: Matt Forte
    BN: Shane Vereen

Took Elliot with my second pick. I probably reached for him but didn't think he'd last to the end of the third round. I think I covered myself pretty well if he's still suspended for the 6 six games though. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied especially if Elliot's suspension is completely overturned.

Big money ppr keeper league. Definitely had best keepers this year. Can keep two keepers, had to be drafted 4th round or later and be on roster whole year. Can be kept for two years. 8th pick, 12 teams.

Start QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE/RB, K, Def, 7 bench spots.

1- Mike Evans
    2- Doug Baldwin (Tough Choice between Baldwin and Dez)
    3- Marshawn Lynch (Wanted Carlos Hyde, went pick right before me)
    4- Melvin Gordon (1st Keeper)
    4- Keenan Allen (Traded frank gore and an 8th for a 4th last year)
    5- Paul Perkins (Needed RB Depth, Wanted Doug Martin, again went pick before me)
    6- Adrian Peterson
    7-Russell Wilson
    8- Traded
    9- Jonathan Stewart
    10- Cam Newton (Have to draft two qbs, guy behind me who took Hyde and Martin is a Panthers fan and hadnt drafted a QB yet, bit of a spite pick)
    11- Zach Ertz
    12- Houston Def
    13- Jordy Nelson (Keeper, drafted him the year he tore ACL)
    14- Adam Vinatieri
    15- Philip Dorsett

Stacked at WR/TE. Had to just go for a lot of depth at RB. Looking back, maybe shouldve reached for a RB in second round. Joe mixon, Isaiah Crowell, Kareem hunt, Ty Montgomery, Carlos Hyde all went between my 2nd and 3rd picks.

Starters:
    QB- Russell Wilson
    RB- Melvin Gordon
    RB- Marshawn Lynch
    WR/TE- Jordy Nelson
    WR/TE- Mike Evans
    WR/TE- Doug Baldwin
    Houston Def
    Vinatieri

First off the bench: Keenan Allen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMan28 View Post
    Big money ppr keeper league. Definitely had best keepers this year. Can keep two keepers, had to be drafted 4th round or later and be on roster whole year. Can be kept for two years. 8th pick, 12 teams.

Start QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE/RB, K, Def, 7 bench spots.

1- Mike Evans
    2- Doug Baldwin (Tough Choice between Baldwin and Dez)
    3- Marshawn Lynch (Wanted Carlos Hyde, went pick right before me)
    4- Melvin Gordon (1st Keeper)
    4- Keenan Allen (Traded frank gore and an 8th for a 4th last year)
    5- Paul Perkins (Needed RB Depth, Wanted Doug Martin, again went pick before me)
    6- Adrian Peterson
    7-Russell Wilson
    8- Traded
    9- Jonathan Stewart
    10- Cam Newton (Have to draft two qbs, guy behind me who took Hyde and Martin is a Panthers fan and hadnt drafted a QB yet, bit of a spite pick)
    11- Zach Ertz
    12- Houston Def
    13- Jordy Nelson (Keeper, drafted him the year he tore ACL)
    14- Adam Vinatieri
    15- Philip Dorsett

Stacked at WR/TE. Had to just go for a lot of depth at RB. Looking back, maybe shouldve reached for a RB in second round. Joe mixon, Isaiah Crowell, Kareem hunt, Ty Montgomery, Carlos Hyde all went between my 2nd and 3rd picks.

Starters:
    QB- Russell Wilson
    RB- Melvin Gordon
    RB- Marshawn Lynch
    WR/TE- Jordy Nelson
    WR/TE- Mike Evans
    WR/TE- Doug Baldwin
    Houston Def
    Vinatieri

First off the bench: Keenan Allen
    Not sure how keeper leagues work but your #10 pick is hilarious good work.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Ok, some strange ones in our league:
    0.2 points for every 5 passing yards, 0.1 points per pass completed, 6 pts TD, bonuses at 300/400
    6 pt RshTD, 0.1 points every rushing yard, 100/200 bonuses
    0.5 PPR, 0.1 points per yard, 6 pt TDs, 100/200 yard bonuses
    1 point on every extra point, 3 points on 30 and in, 4 for 31-40, 5 41-50, 6 51+

QB: Aaron Rodgers (Round 4)
    Kirk Cousins (Round 10)

RB: Le'Veon Bell (Keeper/Round 1)
    DeMarco Murray (Round 2
    )
    Tevin Coleman (Round 12)

WR: Larry Fitzgerald (Round 5)
    Jarvis Landry (Round 6)
    Pierre Garcon (Round 7)

Adam Thielen (Round 9)
    Willie Snead (Round 11)

TE: Rob Gronkowski (Round 3)
    Austin Hooper (Round 14)

D/ST: Broncos D/ST (Round 13)

K: Justin Tucker (Round 8)

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok, some strange ones in our league:
    0.2 points for every 5 passing yards, 0.1 points per pass completed, 6 pts TD, bonuses at 300/400
    6 pt RshTD, 0.1 points every rushing yard, 100/200 bonuses
    0.5 PPR, 0.1 points per yard, 6 pt TDs, 100/200 yard bonuses
    1 point on every extra point, 3 points on 30 and in, 4 for 31-40, 5 41-50, 6 51+

QB: Aaron Rodgers (Round 4)
    Kirk Cousins (Round 10)

RB: Le'Veon Bell (Keeper/Round 1)
    DeMarco Murray (Round 2
    )
    Tevin Coleman (Round 12)

WR: Larry Fitzgerald (Round 5)
    Jarvis Landry (Round 6)
    Pierre Garcon (Round 7)

Adam Thielen (Round 9)
    Willie Snead (Round 11)

TE: Rob Gronkowski (Round 3)
    Austin Hooper (Round 14)

D/ST: Broncos D/ST (Round 13)

K: Justin Tucker (Round 8)
    Don't love your WR but QB, TE, RB should be set. Kinda curious as to why you took a kicker in round 8? I mean those point structures are nice for kickers but kickers a roulette pick normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

This is probably the worst I've felt of a draft in awhile, mainly because I didn't love my options at keeper. You can keep the guy in the round before you drafted him in the year prior (kept Jimmy Graham losing a 19th rounder since I drafted him in the 11th last season). Picked 9th.

10 man ppr 2 QB league

QB: Aaron Rodgers - 3rd
    QB: Carson Wentz - 7th

QB: Deshaun Watson - 15th
    RB: Jay Ajayi - 1st
    RB: Ameer Abdulla - 5th

RB: Duke Johnson - 8th
    RB: Rob Kelley - 11th
    RB: Samajie Perine - 12th
    RB: James Conner - 13th
    WR: Jordy Nelson - 2nd
    WR: Allen Robinson - 4th
    WR: Tyreek Hill - 6th

WR: Kevin White - 9th
    WR: Kenny Britt - 14th
    TE: Jimmy Graham - 10th
    R/T/W - Have set at Duke Johnson right now.

Really have some boom or bust guys, abdullah, robinson, hill, white are all guys that could have great years or they all could flop like they've been. Ajayi could also be that one hit wonder.

To put it in perspective, Bell, Johnson, Gordon, Howard were kept and Mccoy and Freeman went before I picked at 9. After I picked Ajayi i then picked jordy but, murray, gurlet, cook, mccaffrey, fournette, ap, hunt, and lynch all went before my 3rd pick. Probably should've grabbed Elliot in the 5th or 6th though, could've gotten abdullah after him.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Don't love your WR but QB, TE, RB should be set. Kinda curious as to why you took a kicker in round 8? I mean those point structures are nice for kickers but kickers a roulette pick normally.
    Last year Tucker was worth 15 points per week in our league and there's typically 3 kickers in the 15+ and 5 kickers with negative.

In our league your better off starting a kicker or D/ST in a bye week than picking one up.

As for the WRs, PPR and TDs are worth more points than yards so I went with those guys.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Last year Tucker was worth 15 points per week in our league and there's typically 3 kickers in the 15+ and 5 kickers with negative.

In our league your better off starting a kicker or D/ST in a bye week than picking one up.

As for the WRs, PPR and TDs are worth more points than yards so I went with those guys.
    Interesting. I like different leagues like that. My brother has a league and was thinking of adding points per 1st downs. I like utilizing obscure scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast