Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Bills Playoff picture

The easiest route is for the Bills winning out, but since we will not beat New England, we will hopefully go 1-1, finishing at 9-7.

Odds are, Ravens will go 2-0 against Indi and Cinci. So they will be 10-6 and the 5th seed.

It gets interesting with the Chargers and Titans. Because we will be going 1-1, we need the Titans to also go 1-1. But they have the Rams and Jags. So most likely, they will go 0-2 and be out of it completely.

Chargers will have the Jets and Oakland. Odds are, they go 2-0 to push them to 9-7.

So in the end, if the Chargers win 2 and titans lose 2, Thanks to McDermott's decision to play Peterman, who then spotted the Chargers 31-points, will leave the Chargers holding the tie breaker and the Bills don't get in.

We need to go 1-1 and we need the Titans to lose to the Rams, but then beat the Jags, to give us a 3 team tie that will then get the Bills in. An upset with Indi and Cinci over the Ravens helps out tremendously of course. Or an upset with the Jets beating Chargers.

Hmm... Best season we've had in a long time with the thinnest roster we've had for probably 30 years. If only there was someone we could thank for this seasons success...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hmm... Best season we've had in a long time with the thinnest roster we've had for probably 30 years. If only there was someone we could thank for this seasons success...
    Could it be the QB and McCoy, because of his ability to run away from our horrible offensive line and keep plays alive? We all saw what a pocket QB did playing behind this offensive line in LA.

Remember, when Tyrod throws it to McCoy, Clay and O'Leary they actually catch the ball. When he throws it to Zay Jones and other WR's they drop it and are so blanketed by the defender, there is absolutely no way for them to get a beat on the ball.

Ill give the second most credit for us being in the position we are, to our kicker. Haushcka is making kicks, that Carpenter hasn't made ever, while playing with Tyrod at the helm. How many games would be different throughout the past three years, if when Tyrod got them to scoring position, he made a field goal instead of all the misses and even missed extra points.

How you can credit the coach, I have no clue. Especially when I asked several times, to name a game, where we can look back and think, Wow, if it wasn't for McDermott being our head coach, we would have lost that game. Every Bills fan on the planet, can point us to three games, in depth, that he lost the game himself. But nobody can say what he has ever done to win a game.

With the exception of Rex, I think our outcomes of games would have been improved if we had a different coach. McDermott = no razzle dazzle. Not one fake punt. Not one fake FG attempt. Not one reverse, not one flee flicker, nothing. He offers nothing for other teams to game plan for. His biggest decision coaching was doing the Wild Cat against the Pats. Something Miami did 10 years ago to surprise the Pats when the wild cat was invented. The Wild Cat, and Peterman playing in LA, are the boldest coaching moves he ever has done. And the Peterman move made us a laughing stock throughout the entire NFL and Media sound bites. And if we lose the playoffs on that game as the tie breaker, the jokes will get much more worse. Your proud of this?

What makes giving any credit to McDermott even funnier is, that we all know there is absolutely no way we are going to beat the Pats, with our season on the line. What we have seen from McDermott, offers us zero comfort or hope, that he might be able to pull this game out with some sort of coaching strategy. Hand the ball to McCoy is his strategy. Cross your fingers and pray it all works out is his strategy. He will coach this game right into Bellichicks hands. What Bellichick expects to happen sunday, McDermott will play right into. The only way we win is for us to outscore them. For that to happen, Tyrod needs to throw, our WR's need to catch. McDermott needs to throw in a few wrinkles that the Pats will not be ready for. Lets face it, The Jets almost beat the Pats, if it wasn't for that non catch TD reversal. Miami just beat the Pats. Why will it be so hard for McDermott?
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-20-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Let me also ask all the fans this question, which I cannot wait to hear the response to. Are the Bills in the position they are in, because of McDermott overachieving, or are the Bills lucky, because of teams underachieving.

Cinci started the season 0-3.
    LA started the season 0-4.
    The Raiders won their first 2, lost 5 out of the next 6.
    Titans started consistent, but now lost last 2 and I'd bet the farm they lose the last 4.
    KC lost 5 out of 6 down the stretch.
    Broncos Lost 7 out of 9 down the stretch.

There has been such poor play, even the Jets, who everyone thought would be 0-16, were in the playoff hunt. Same with the Dolphins. Do they have great coaches? Or are they lucky to play in the AFC, that underachieved this year. Who are you more impressed with Todd Bowles for the Jets, or McDermotts job here. Or Gaze in Miami, losing his starter and having to settle for Cutler.

Rate the coaches from best to worse in our own division based on performance. If you rate them correctly, no way you can give McDermott any credit, over the blunders he has shown repeatedly.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-20-2017 at 03:21 PM.

No question Haushcka has been a revelation. ive pointed out a number of times that he is the biggest on-the-field difference between last season and this season. White has been fantastic too. what a pick.

"How you can credit the coach, I have no clue. Especially when I asked several times, to name a game, where we can look back and think, Wow, if it wasn't for McDermott being our head coach, we would have lost that game. Every Bills fan on the planet, can point us to three games, in depth, that he lost the game himself. But nobody can say what he has ever done to win a game. "

literally every single one of our 8 wins. I dont think you are being honest with yourself about exactly how barren this roster is right now. There's a chance this roster goes winless under Rex (aka a lesser coach).

Since you keep harping that ish - Please name a game this season where any team in the league won because of the coach. Its harder than you think. And the funny thing is.. Football is a coaching game. depending on the coach you can be in playoff contention or you can go winless with the same roster. Its not like the other major sports. The point is: You rarely see the things that happen behind the scenes that separate the bad coaches from the good ones. I'm not saying McDermott - a rookie coach - is perfect, but he deserves some credit no doubt. I think he will have a good long career in the NFL as a head coach.

The fact that we could go 1-1 in our final 2 games and make the playoffs is astonishing. I doubt i could have accomplished that on Madden with this roster.

Like I said, look what Bowles is doing for the Jets. Look what Gaze is doing Miami after losing his starter who got them into the playoffs last year, as he was a first time head coach. And of course Bellichick.

Then add in McDermotts blunders and I give a lot more credit to Bowles and Gaze. The only way McDermott can pass them is to actually get into the playoffs. Not come close. All of the bone head decisions throughout the year, the bad clock management, continuing to play Tolbert who is useless. All will then be forgiven if we get in.

Both Bowles and Gaze have done a good job this year. McDermott has done a better job in my opinon. you are what your record says you are.

IMO, Bowles taking a Jets team, that everyone predicted to go 0-16, did an outstannding job coaching. What he got out of the players for the Jets, is miles ahead of what McDermott has done here. McDermott caused a lot of friction with his players with his LA decision, donít kid yourself.

So all the Sunday games with Playoff implications for the AFC have been flexed to 4pm. As usual, the NFL failed again and are killing their own game. Some games should have been flexed, not all.

The NFL should have kept the Bills game at 1pm. Then if they win, the entire Buffalo Market will then be watching the Ravens vs Cinci game at 4pm. Then have Tenn vs Jax at 4pm, with the Chargers vs Oakland flexed to Sunday night. Ratings would double across the board with that schedule. The way they set it up now is, teams will just watch their home team at 4pm and ratings will stay the same.

So the Bills need a Win and a Ravens loss. Or a Win and Losses by Titans and Chargers.

Sadly, it is very possible, that the Bills will get bumped off by LA, thanks to McDermott allowing Peterman the opportunity to spot LA 31-points off 5 first half TO's, which is something Tyrod would have never done.

Even if the Bills don't make the playoffs, I want them to win Sunday and not to go down without a fight. With our past coaches, losing this game has been done many times before during the drought. This will be the game to gage whether or not McDermott is somewhat successful.