The Giants' general manager search has begun

The Previous General Managers
    Ray Walsh: 1947 - 1973 General Managers
    Andy Robustelli: 1974 – 1978 General Managers
    George Young: 1979 – 1997 General Managers
    Ernie Accorsi: 1998 – 2006 General Managers
    Jerry Reese: 2007 – 2017 Senior VP/General Managers

General Managers Prospect
    Marc Ross: Fifth season as the Giants’ vice president of player evaluation after serving the previous six years as the team’s director of college scouting.
    Ross is in charge of the Giants’ college scouting department and the team’s draft

Kevin Abrams: Current Interim General Manager/16th season as the Giants’ assistant general manager.
    Primary negotiator for player contracts, works with the college and pro personnel departments to evaluate players in preparation for the NFL Draft and free agency,
    Responsible for managing the Giants’ salary cap, football data analysis, related strategic planning for football operations and coordinating the organization’s compliance with the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement

Dave Gettleman:Scout For Buffalo Bills (1987–1993) Denver Broncos (1994–1997) New York Giants (1998)
    New York Giants (1999–2011) Pro personnel director , New York Giants (2012) Senior pro personnel analyst
    Carolina Panthers (2013–2017) General manager
    The Fallout with the Panthers are Linked to Gettlemans handling of Vet Players contract, But in his time with the panthers there record was 40-23-1 with three division title ( Lost in SB )
    At the End of the 2012 Season the Panthers were 15 Million over the Cap, Gettleman through Trades/Cut/Restructure Go them Out of Cap hell in a year. Dead money was high but with the role off he built a top roster

Louis Riddick: Player for 8 years various teams in the nfl (Played a season in the WLAF & XFL)
    Washington Redskins (2005–2007)(Director of pro personnel)
    Philadelphia Eagles (2008) (Pro scout)
    Philadelphia Eagles (2009 )(Assistant director of pro personnel)
    Philadelphia Eagles (2010–2013) (Director of pro personnel)
    ESPN Football Analyst since 2013
    Last edited by Bburns; 12-21-2017 at 02:23 PM.

first interview Monday, meeting with in-house candidate Marc Ross
    By interviewing Ross, the Giants have satisfied the Rooney Rule, which mandates NFL teams interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation positions
    While Ross is a solid candidate.. He is just to attached to Jerry Reese for me in this search i want some type of track record and a breath of fresh air....
    I could be wrong and he could lead us to the big stage , Ive been wrong before but ill go on record and say pass

Louis riddick in today. This one has McDaniels ties.

The Giants' general manager search has begun

I was hoping we would interview riddick nice.

The Giants interviewed Gettleman for their general manager opening, the second interview of the process. (12/20)
    I do Feel that if we do hire Gettleman the draft results for the line O & D will improve but i don't think we'd break the bank for Odell and i think JPP will be gone

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    I do Feel that if we do hire Gettleman the draft results for the line O & D will improve but i don't think we'd break the bank for Odell and i think JPP will be gone
    JPP leaving may not be a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    We should of never resigned JPP

GM search is only just getting started and Louis Riddick appears to be next.

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...ager-position/