Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Raiders Offseason 2018 and free agency

What to do?

Cut bad defensive players. Sign good defensive players. Don't draft crap football players, draft good football players.

It's so simple...!

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Cut bad defensive players. Sign good defensive players. Don't draft crap football players, draft good football players.

It's so simple...!
    Even a cave man can do it!!!
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

There will be a bunch of guys available next season.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...gents-for-2018

This is for a start of discussion. If we get two defensive players, then it's a good start. I agree with some of you that maybe 1/2 of the starting D gets walking papers. In reality, I'd be shocked if that actually happened.
    Big question will be is there going to be a coaching change? I would think that comes first. My gut tells me ...no.
    They have to come up a solution for Downing. The D has played better under Pagano. Although, i think the move to him was strategic that it was after the Patriots game. I don't think they wanted to embarrass him in his first start. I would have been curious to see what would have happened if he took over for that game. The options are out there. It's a question of whether or not they want to pull the trigger. I'd hate to lose Irvin and Bowman.
    So unless something comes up that we can replace them, I would address them first before or after Mack.

Its my thinking Pagano gets the most out of this defense and offers continuity. I like Pagano's play disguise and blitzing schemes. Another season under his tutelage bodes well for the Raiders defense. Considering all the toys and options on offense, its a royal mess. Continuity on this side would be the equivalent of taking two steps back. Changes must be made to a PROVEN offensive coordinator. I almost wonder where ugly Norv Turner is these days. Almost.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

It's so simple...!
    Couldn't be put any simpler

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Its my thinking Pagano gets the most out of this defense and offers continuity. I like Pagano's play disguise and blitzing schemes. Another season under his tutelage bodes well for the Raiders defense. Considering all the toys and options on offense, its a royal mess. Continuity on this side would be the equivalent of taking two steps back. Changes must be made to a PROVEN offensive coordinator. I almost wonder where ugly Norv Turner is these days. Almost.
    Norvell is retired from football and collaborating on writing country/western songs.

No, really....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Couldn't be put any simpler
    The simplicity of the suggestion and the simplest of solutions. It is so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Ol' Norv is enjoying his half year off, but apparently has plans to return in '18. I'd take him.

Little bit premature with this thread?

"...prone to stoogery.".

I donít believe it is. Iíd shut down anyone hurting, anyone we have to pay next year...and play every kid we have in order to evaluate.

Big huge carving fork is stick out of the middle of our season. Itís done.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I donít believe it is. Iíd shut down anyone hurting, anyone we have to pay next year...and play every kid we have in order to evaluate. Big huge carving fork is stick out of the middle of our season. Itís done.

-Stork
    I agree with that statement, we need to evaluate for sure. But that is still season news IMO.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Must rebuild the defense from top to bottom outside of Mack. Get a new OC who fits our personnel and knows what the **** he is doing. We have too much talent on offense to be complete ****.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Must rebuild the defense from top to bottom outside of Mack. Get a new OC who fits our personnel and knows what the **** he is doing. We have too much talent on offense to be complete ****.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Okay, my position has flipped a little, I will play.

Defense:

Mack is a no brainer, our most important objective is to lock him up tight. Irvin, IMO, had a pretty good year and I think he should stay. I like MEJ with the exception of his proclivity for injury. Bowman is another that I feel should be signed as soon as possible, he is a leader and exceptionally driven player. The rookie DBs from this season are keepers as well, a good DB coach is in order, Woodson must be let go, he is horrible. Another guy who came up big this year and one I want to keep is Autry. Joseph would excel with the right coach and proper positional use as well. TJ Carrie is a serviceable back up who doesn't warrant a huge pay check, but could be replaced easily, if needed. These last two games should feature Luani and Joseph in tandem at least half of the time. Let's see what they can do. If the D keeps progressing, sign Pagano long term.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Offense:

First get rid of Downing and sign an OC

Draft a RB within top 3 rounds
    Draft a SURE handed receiver
    Draft another OT or OG/OT

You could make a case for cutting Lynch, but I think he is running well now. Cooper is going to be a tough one to consider this year. He has all but disappeared. His hands are fingerless bricks. Carr should buy him a jugs machine for Christmas. Tell him to use it all of the time. Additionally, a notice should be sent out to the public, the NFL, or anyone who may see Cooper anywhere in the world...If you see Amari Cooper, no matter where you are or what you are doing, zing a football at him so that he can practice catching."
    We can find better WRs I think than Holton and Roberts, though I like Roberts big play ability and blocking skills. He fumbled and dropped too many passes this year for my tastes though.

QB coach to light a fire under Carr and correct his bad traits.

Run POWER, use play-action more, do not be afraid to push the ball downfield.

Speaking of play action. A couple years ago some of us criticized Carr on his weak play action. We were ridiculed and told how inconsequential it was. Look back at this season, we hardly ran it and when we did, Carr really didn't sell it. Good play action fakes would have helped, we were predictable. Even Gannon pointed that out.

Special teams:

Tavecchio is probably going to replace Jano.
    Richard should only catch passes out of the backfield, not punts.
    Patterson should return everything every time.
    Condo is still one of my favorite players.
    King is a weapon despite his antics.

That is all.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 12-19-2017 at 10:27 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast