Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    not accepting it because I know they are interested in a 1st round QB. I just don't know which one or if the 1 they like reach us. its said they like 2 QBs in this coming draft

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    not accepting it because I know they are interested in a 1st round QB. I just don't know which one or if the 1 they like reach us. its said they like 2 QBs in this coming draft
    who's the source?

As far as both the serious and casual fan knows, Gase and the FO still holds Tannehill in the highest regard. Yeah, they probably do like two or three QBs in the draft, mainly Rosen and Darnold lol. Every team will probably say they like the QBs', doesn't mean they are positioning themselves to draft one high.

Hypothetical questions:

Reporter to Dolphins source - 'Do you like any of the QB's in this years draft?'

Dolphins source - 'Yes, we like two or three of them, but we're not . . . '

Reporter - 'Thanks, that was my only question'

no they are legit interested in them. they have been said to be following them closely

Its not mainly Rosen and Darnold. some are going to have Lamar as the #1 QB. some are going to have Josh Allen and its pretty split up between the 4. this is a legit 4 and all of them are worthy of #1

nobody knows what Gase and company really feel about Tannehill. we will soon find out. they can walk away from him this offseason. also keep in mind that 2018 could be a prove it year for Gase. if we struggle next season he is likely fired. I wouldn't risk my prove it year on an unproven QB coming off back to back season ending injuries

I am not saying its not true but I have yet to see a legit source say the Dolphins are interested in a 1st round QB. I get the indication that the Dolphins are satisfied with Tannehill.

I personally will be shocked if we draft a QB in the first round.

I also would be shocked. Tannehill will likely get more people fired

it was said a month ago that they were following 2 QBs closely

I find it interesting that they haven't ruled out bringing Cutler back

Miami would be stupid not to draft a qb in round 1 if one of their top targets is on the board when we select.
    I don't think anyone is sold on Tanny being a franchise qb but he is average. Now, I think we all can agree we were happy with him being average while on his rookie deal. Now that he is what, 17-20 mil a year we expected him to progress into a borderline franchise qb. He has not done so. I do NOT pay my starting qb $17 mil when I know I MUST limit his passing attempts each game to around 22. We were only good last year when we ran the ball. When we kept the ball out of the qb's hands. I'd say Tanny is on a 1 year deal with Miami especially if we draft a qb round 1. Although, I don't think we do. Also, there is a deep deep free agent pool of qbs this year. This team isn't even close to being a Super Bowl contender so lets chill out with the Gase has 1 more year or he's fired.

Lamar Jackson will NOT go #1.

Tunni, it's cute when you say you have sources. Are they the same talent evaluators that tell you J Thomas shouldn't be cut next year while making $6.5 mil?
    100% he's getting cut and I don't think there is any dead cap by doing so. No brainer.

Jackson, albeit a very electrifying player, is one 'RGIII' injury from being another RGIII lol. He is good because he creates plays with his legs. Defenses have to prepare for that. But you take away his speed and he is a 3rd or 4th rd prospect, if that. I want a QB that can actually play QB in the pocket. Jackson is not a pocket passer as of right now. Maybe he can develop. I am not taking Jackson in the 1st.

Matter of fact, I'd prefer Mayfield over Jackson right now just because Mayfield has some tools and characteristics that portray him as a better leader and pocket passer than Jackson.

QB is always a shiny, exciting thing to think about taking in the 1st rd, but it is not what we need in the 1st. We need OL. For someone to say use it on a QB is foolish right now. Get an OL piece, and then start thinking about a possible QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd. but not the 1st round man.

I would be interested if we had a shot at Darnold or Rosen, but we won't. Even Allen intrigues me. But not Jackson.

Lets be smart Phins! Get a young buck on the OL and lets dominate both lines of scrimmage!

I don't have a opinion on the upcoming QB class but if we have a shot at someone we really like I would take him in the first round. If you have a shot at a franchise QB you have to take him. Cleveland has continued to pass on franchise QB's or made bad decisions on franchise QBs and until they get a QB will continue to be the laughing stocks of the league. When is the last time we won a playoff game? What are we like 0-2 in the 21st century? Thank god there is Cleveland or the Dolphins would be the leagues laughing stock. We need a franchise QB.

Mayfield is a round 3 player to me and a career backup. he is being overhyped the most

hard to get a franchise QB after R1. you can get starting OGs in R2

Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen are my top 2 QBs in the draft. I have Allen #1 and Jackson #2

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Mayfield is a round 3 player to me and a career backup. he is being overhyped the most

hard to get a franchise QB after R1. you can get starting OGs in R2

Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen are my top 2 QBs in the draft. I have Allen #1 and Jackson #2
    Mayfield has gone from a walk-on to a Heisman winning qb, Scouts and GM's love his leadership qualities and he's a gamer.

I actually agree with you on Josh Allen, he's my #1 qb. So I may have to revisit my thinking on him.

Darnold is #1 for me all day. The guy has the tools to be a franchise QB. Rosen is a wildcard, as he has more ups and downs than any of the top guys, but maybe has the best pocket presence in the draft. I like Allen, but for some reason the dude is reminding me of Kyle Boller . . . strong arm, but nothing else really impresses me. Need to learn the position more before starting.

One QB that may enter that is a fascinating prospect is Drew Lock. He might have one of the best arms in the draft, if he enters.

Outside Darnold, Rosen and Allen, I'm not completely sold on the QBs'. If Mayfield or Jackson were there in the 2nd rd for us, yeah, I'd take the chance.

I wont risk it on Mayfield

If I had to take a non R1 QB I would take Mason Rudolph or Kurt Benkert

Still hoping for the win out and playoffs. If the fins win out and the ravens lose out, fins are likely in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Still hoping for the win out and playoffs. If the fins win out and the ravens lose out, fins are likely in

I doubt we beat the Chiefs but currently the Ravens, Bills, and Titans have 2 more wins than us and the Chargers are 1 ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I doubt we beat the Chiefs but currently the Ravens, Bills, and Titans have 2 more wins than us and the Chargers are 1 ahead of us.
    Yep . Ravens or titans need to lose out, and Bills lose out if the phins win out.

Their other game is against the pats.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12