Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Unless Iím missing something, which is very possible, our window is 2 years. We need to bring in our big free agents prior to having to re-up Dunn. Need to be at the cap after next summer.summer 2019

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Unless Iím missing something, which is very possible, our window is 2 years. We need to bring in our big free agents prior to having to re-up Dunn. Need to be at the cap after next summer.summer 2019
    Dunn and Lavine plus Roks are not gonna fill up our cap. Also. You dont want to just spend your money because you have it. You need to either sign big name guys or keep your cap. No more of this 3rd string guy and your not getting that unless you ha've a team with more than Zack Dunn Lauri and a top pick comimg off a likely ok rok sesson (lets be honest most roks dong dominate right out)

This dilusional idea that ae could get a big name guy to sign here next year (or the year after) is crazy. You need more proven talent and winning to get a guy to come. Amd I dont see that happening this year or next. So to me. That 3rd year will be our time to try and win. And sign somebody

I mean seriously how good do you forsee this team being next year. We may be a fringe playoff team in the weak east but that hardley will draw a star to play here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    One. Your just wrong about Niko. Niko would high tail it out to a winning team (only ones that would have interest in hin anyway. Especially after the FO essentially said we don't care what you think. I don't care if hin and Portis are high fiving or not. The FO told him to **** himself. And we are not a winning team. What would make you think he would want to say here. .

Second. Your the one who stated

"Trad.ing Lopez may be costly, as in taking a bad contract in return. "

I disagree. I don't think the bulls would be willing to. But i think somebody might show interest. Also Fwiw. What do you consider a bad contract. Cause you would have to point one out to me on a team that might want him. If your talking about one of these 3 year deals. Well truth is we are at least 3 years away. And i don't know if your dilusionml as some others here. But if you think we strike it in FA you clearly have not watched the past 10 years.

Cap room means nothing till we can put tallent on the floor. Nobody is coming to a team who's best player is Niko

Lavine needs to come back. Mark is at least a year if not two away. And whoever we draft won't show enough pronise year one for a FA to want to play with them. Thats why despite you calling a 3 year deal bad. Truth is we are at least that far away from signing anyone of any value.

I think the bigger issue is finding a team in need of a Center where Lopez would be an upgrade.

Only teams i see are the Bucks. Cleveland and both of them are holding out hope for Jordan
    How am I wrong about Niko? You have someone that is in the Bulls FO telling you what is going on? I'm judging by what I see on the court and hear in the interviews. Niko said he accepted Portis' apology and he has no problem communicating with him on the court, but he wouldn't go out and have a beer with him. Not once did the Bulls organization say ****** Niko, they said they would do what's best for the organization and they couldn't wait for Niko to come back. They even tried to diffuse the situation between Niko and Portis. So if Niko dropped the whole "I go or Portis goes", I believe it will work out.

Niko being traded has two sides. Will he drop the no trade clause and what team would want him? He was free to take offers from any NBA team this off season and the Bulls could decide if they wanted to match the offer. Guess what...not one single offer! Now if the Bulls were to trade him, the Bulls will get low balled because of the Portis-Mirotic situation. So basically, Mirotic's value goes up, but teams don't want to give what he's worth. Mirotic is also only 26, so why can't he be part of the rebuild? I doubt we get anything in return that will be as good as Mirotic.

Now trading Lopez...
    Who and what will the Bucks give us for Lopez, that the Bulls would want? The Bucks are not giving up any of their starters or someone of equal value. The Cavs...that's a joke! They will offer Tristan, Frye, JR Smith or Shumpert, all horrible contracts and there is no way the Cavs give up that Nets pick. So what do we get? A horrible contract and a late 1st round pick, which would be at the end of the first round!

Dunn and Lavine plus Roks are not gonna fill up our cap. Also. You dont want to just spend your money because you have it. You need to either sign big name guys or keep your cap. No more of this 3rd string guy and your not getting that unless you ha've a team with more than Zack Dunn Lauri and a top pick comimg off a likely ok rok sesson (lets be honest most roks dong dominate right out)

This dilusional idea that ae could get a big name guy to sign here next year (or the year after) is crazy. You need more proven talent and winning to get a guy to come. Amd I dont see that happening this year or next. So to me. That 3rd year will be our time to try and win. And sign somebody

I mean seriously how good do you forsee this team being next year. We may be a fringe playoff team in the weak east but that hardley will draw a star to play here.
    I donít think this is a conventional rebuild. We are closer to being 2-3 years into the rebuild than starting fresh. The only difference is that someone else drafted for us the first 2 seasons.

Getting prime free agents is admittedly a crap shoot, but so is the draft. Itís great to look at the success stories and dream, but you have to also look at the guys who busted out or were devastated by injuries. Generational players are rare, and anyone thinking that this draft has more than 1-2 of them is kidding themselves.
    At this point we have 3 player that are top 5-10 in their draft class in 3 of the 4 last drafts. Thatís a good pull in a 3 yr. rebuild. We could only be so lucky to do that in the next 3 years.

Not to mention that if you tank for 3 more years, your looking at giving big money to Dunn/lavine/Lauri. In that scenario, your looking at guys in the middle of their careers who have won maybe 150 games.

Honestly, if your gonna do that the best option is what I mentioned the other day, trade them. Dunn and lavine at the least.

Then draft high the next three drafts and hope the guys you get end up near the top of their class and donít have any major injuries that halt their development. Maybe even get lucky and get a group like Dunn, lavine, and Lauri back.

Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    How am I wrong about Niko? You have someone that is in the Bulls FO telling you what is going on? I'm judging by what I see on the court and hear in the interviews. Niko said he accepted Portis' apology and he has no problem communicating with him on the court, but he wouldn't go out and have a beer with him. Not once did the Bulls organization say ****** Niko, they said they would do what's best for the organization and they couldn't wait for Niko to come back. They even tried to diffuse the situation between Niko and Portis. So if Niko dropped the whole "I go or Portis goes", I believe it will work out.

Niko being traded has two sides. Will he drop the no trade clause and what team would want him? He was free to take offers from any NBA team this off season and the Bulls could decide if they wanted to match the offer. Guess what...not one single offer! Now if the Bulls were to trade him, the Bulls will get low balled because of the Portis-Mirotic situation. So basically, Mirotic's value goes up, but teams don't want to give what he's worth. Mirotic is also only 26, so why can't he be part of the rebuild? I doubt we get anything in return that will be as good as Mirotic.

Now trading Lopez...
    Who and what will the Bucks give us for Lopez, that the Bulls would want? The Bucks are not giving up any of their starters or someone of equal value. The Cavs...that's a joke! They will offer Tristan, Frye, JR Smith or Shumpert, all horrible contracts and there is no way the Cavs give up that Nets pick. So what do we get? A horrible contract and a late 1st round pick, which would be at the end of the first round!
    Niko needs to remain consistent, but as you said he is,to this point in the year, the player we thought we drafted. In watching this last run of games, he looks like he figured it out though. Unless we are banking on a free agent and need the space why trade him.

Either everyone is right and this streak is a fluke, which is more than likely, or this team isnít the talentless wasteland that itís being sold by some to be. If itís not a fluke, and everyoneís fears are correct, then we have a playoff team that is gonna add the best ďfree agentĒ weíve gotten in decades in lavine when he returns. I really donít understand the panic.

Donít get me wrong lavine isnít perfect, but heís a legit scorer whoís improved every year in the league with potential to develop into a no 1 option. He could be Harden two years from now. If he is gonna realize that potential, he needs some talent around him so that he can win some games.
    Last edited by benny01; 12-21-2017 at 11:57 AM.

This is the NBA. The fortunes of a team can change in a minute. People are always so quick to start crying and thinking negatively. Give a young, athletic team a coach who teaches them how to move on to the next game and not get down, the sky's the limit. Having a potential all star waiting in the wings for a soon to be return, all the better. Sit back and enjoy the ride, this could be exciting.
    ďSome people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.Ē Ė Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post

Now trading Lopez...
    Bucks are high on Jordan. But if Rolo became cheaper option. I could see us give up Wilson and Vaughn and salary filler for Rolo. Salary filler be Delly or Telly. Telly out for the season with blood clots in his lungs like Bosh. Maybe forced to retire. He has next year on his contract yet. But that might be scratched off if forced to retire. Bucks could be in a tight spot with salary cap down the road.

Parker RFA next summer. Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon a season later. I could see our front office to have a tough decision soon to part with somebody. I always suggested Parker to Bulls or Jazz for Markkanen or Mitchell. Doubt either team does that. Gery Woelfel mentions Clippers want Parker now in any Jordan trade. Previous rumor was Middleton and or Brogdon and Henson as the main salary filler.

But then again Suns wanted Brogdon and or Maker and a bunch of picks for Bledsoe. They got expiring Moose and a highly protected first and a second round pick. Also not much of a market for centers.

Celtics really need to add something to help them in the playoffs this year. We have pieces that could help. Rolo or Niko could be options. They have a glut of 1st rounders over the next 2-3 years. Their own picks should be reasonably attainable being that it will be a late 1st. I'm ok with a late 1st honestly. We have had some success there with Jimmy and Taj. Trading away Niko and/or Rolo will also help us lose more games this year which is a win win. If the Celtics slump a few more weeks into mid January, the time is right to pounce and make an offer. Their fans want to believe they can compete vs. the Cavs this playoffs.

Send Rolo to the Bucks and Niko to the Celts. Get 2 future 1st's, maybe the Bucks 2019 and the Celts 2018.

Honestly, I would consider keeping Rolo. He has the type of game that will translate as he gets older. I wouldnít be surprised to see him keep this level of play up for 4-5 more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Send Rolo to the Bucks and Niko to the Celts. Get 2 future 1st's, maybe the Bucks 2019 and the Celts 2018.
    Bucks picks are stuck with Suns trade of Bledsoe. Earliest it would convey is 2020. So we could trade ya a 2022.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    The few teams I could see Lopez getting traded to (picks not included)

Celtics for Smart and Baynes
    Bucks for Henson
    Cavs for Shumpert

Best case one team trades for Jordan and one tries to match with lopez.

The few teams I could see Lopez getting traded to (picks not included)

Celtics for Smart and Baynes
    Bucks for Henson
    Cavs for Shumpert

Best case one team trades for Jordan and one tries to match with lopez.
    Celtics aren't going to trade Smart for Rolo. That's counter productive. Smart is a big part of what they do.

I would do Lopez for Henson and Wilson.

Trade Portis to the Thunder for Ferguson and our 2nd back.

Then take a shot at Hezonja.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast