Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Markannen is averaging more made 3's than any rookie in NBA history, may be the best player from this year's draft.

Stanley Johnson has been really poopy offensively in his career, maybe Fred can help him improve his jumpshot and instill some confidence like he did with our young players.

Bulls trades and acquisitions ideas for the 17-18 season

Do something
    Last edited by Stunner; 01-11-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Would people rather have Stanley Johnson or Luke Kennard?

Kennard but said they arenít trading him

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill4Real View Post
    Would people rather have Stanley Johnson or Luke Kennard?
    I prefer stanley as SF is a much bigger need. Kennard will get lost in the shuffle. Especially once Lavine is back.

That said. If i had an option of a pick (fringe loto) vs both guys I would take that.

Bulls trades and acquisitions ideas for the 17-18 season

Stanley has been trash kyben need or not you take the potentially better player always. Itís a rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by monty77 View Post
    Favors is better player than Mirotic in my opinion, and he was one of my favorites option at the beginning of this season. I really think he can play very well with Portis, Markkanen and Mirotic, and he is in my understanding, the most underrated center in the NBA.

However, there are some reasons why he doesnít fit with Bulls at this point of the season.
    In the current NBA, in which is very convenient that players exchange their positions, one quality pure center should be enough, and R.Lopez have proved he is a good match for Markkanen. It makes no sense that Robin and Favors take part in the same roster, because I consider Favors a center as Utah does, and this is the reason why them want to trade him: they prefer Gobert over him.

That doesnít meant I donít want Favors in my roster next year. He is only 26 years and could play 10 more years in this team. But bringing him now doesnít guaranty us more chances in order to re-sign him next year as free agent, because we donít want to win this year, and we cannot make him a good impression as a decent team.

Players like Favors, Winslow and Ayton are my favorites in order to surround other players with pure talent like LaVine, Valantine and Markkanen. The fact we could put on the floor a lineup like Dunn-Nwaba-Winslow-Portis-Favors would scary to other teams. Sheer hardness!

It is insane to say this, but I even think we need Favors over Cousins. So if we trade Robin and Holiday, and we are able to get players like Stanley Jonhson or Winslow in exchange of them, I would be happy if we try to win as many games as possible this year. We could offer Favors a great contract for one or two years and the same thing with Jabari Parker.

I really rely on Markkanen, Portis, Favors trio and Winslow or Parker could play some minutes at PF spot to complete the fourth player. With our 8-12th pick in the draft (I think we could be at this position if we try to win this year) we could still get some decent players like Knox or Bridges to develop at SF spot.

Consequently, I approve Mirotic Ė Favors trade if we are able to make other trades which provide us a young SF and we try to win this year in order to improve our chances to re-sign Favors for 3 years (when Lauri will be well paid). So, these are the steps we have to take if we want this trade takes sense:

1) Mirotic Ė Favors (we re-sign him 54 mill/3 years contract at the end of the season)
    2) Parker, Vaugh and Henson for R.Lopez and Holiday (re-sign Parker 40 mill/2 years, team option the 2nd year)
    3) Pick Miles Bridge or Knox in the draft

Dunn/LaVine/Parker/Markkanen/Favors
    Grant or Vaugh/Nwaba/Valantine or Knox/Portis/Henson or Felicio

(there would be no pure PG in my favorite 2nd unit though: Nwaba/Valantine/Knox or Bridge/Portis/Henson with Valantine doing PG functions).

If Parker and LaVine are completely recovered from their injuries, we would be a top 5 team in the East next year for sure, more even if Lebron goes to the West conference).
    Bucks are listening to Parker trades. But no way you get him that easy. Rolo doesn't fix the Bucks problems with rebounding either.

With Waiters now out for the year, I wonder if the Heat would have interest in Holiday?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Stanley has been trash kyben need or not you take the potentially better player always. Itís a rebuild
    You can take hin and sit hin behind Lavine and Denzel because both are better on both ends than kennard.

Like i said. At least johnson has a chamce to make the rotation .... Get minutes.... And maybe improve. Especially over a guy like Zipser who isn't much better.

But..... Like i said. I would take a late round first over either of these guys. So im not praising johnson as good or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bucks are listening to Parker trades. But no way you get him that easy. Rolo doesn't fix the Bucks problems with rebounding either.
    Iíd give a first one draft pick to Bucks for Parker and have it protected 1-10. He could be a steal if healthy
    Last edited by fanatic; 01-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Iíd give a first one draft pick to Bucks for Parker and have it protected 1-10. He could be a steal if healthy
    How much $$$ do you think he will be offered in the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    How much $$$ do you think he will be offered in the off season?
    I'm hoping for a discount. But doubt it happens. Embiid had more injuries and got like 5/$148M. Yeah Embiid had that clause if gets same injuries to any of his old injuries contract is null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I'm hoping for a discount. But doubt it happens. Embiid had more injuries and got like 5/$148M. Yeah Embiid had that clause if gets same injuries to any of his old injuries contract is null and void.
    Hard call. 2 guys on the roster coming of important injuries getting 20+ million?

I'm not sure if it's a good idea... But I guess he is worth the look at the expense of an non-loto pick, no?

Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    Hard call. 2 guys on the roster coming of important injuries getting 20+ million?

I'm not sure if it's a good idea... But I guess he is worth the look at the expense of an non-loto pick, no?
    Exactly, and looking down the road at the available free agents next year and beyond. Who are we going to get at his caliber? If we could come away with a core of Parker, Zach, Dunn, Lauri is better than selecting a mid to late round player in the draft. And if we still somehow manage to be at the top of the draft and get to select another player weíre set for a long time. It would be sick to come away with those player and a top 3 pick.

Dunn
    Zach
    Parker
    Lauri
    Ayton/Bamba

Not bad...

I believe Niko and our protected 1st can get this done.

Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast