Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm pretty much over the sexual assault phenomenon that has swept up the media over the past few months. It's pretty much a new stiff every day at this point.
    Perhaps people should stop committing sexual misconduct haha?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Or some people struggle to get with the times. Those same people grow old then you have a situation like this.
    Yeah, hard to keep up with the times on **** like this:
    Friday was Jeans Day...The female employees knew what that meant. As the team’s owner, Jerry Richardson, made his rounds on the way to his spacious office, he would ask women to turn around so he could admire their backsides. Then, in his rolling Southern drawl, he’d offer comment, drawing from a store of one-liners he’d recycle each week. Among those in heaviest rotation: Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up. I bet you had to lay down on your bed to fit into those jeans. Did you step into those jeans or did you have to jump into them?
    I mean, that's only been obviously inappropriate since he was a young man in his 50s, can't expect him to adapt.

annd that's an isolated incident among all wealthy older men in business....right.

Sounds like a fun place to work.

Point is that PC (sexual decency?), is becoming part of society whether people like it or not/believe it or not. High profile people lose their jobs all the time because of it and how it is deemed or judged by society

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Sounds like a fun place to work.
    Lmao. Just remember that Friday is Jeans Day

It's kinda disappointing to see a guy who was mostly known for his great character (was adamant about not having scum on his teams even if it hurt performance, helping Olsen when his kid needed heart surgery, paying for the Charleston shooting victims funerals, etc) go out like this. I wonder if full stories will come from the investigation, because it definitely doesn't look good by selling.

I like his feel good story of becoming self made and being a former player, but depending what the investigation churns out it could all go the window.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Yeah, hard to keep up with the times on **** like this:

I mean, that's only been obviously inappropriate since he was a young man in his 50s, can't expect him to adapt.
    Not to defend it as I have no idea of the situation, but depending on the environment it might not be as black and white as it appears. I work for a government contractor and see comments like those from everyone in my office on a daily basis. I'm much younger than everyone else (mid 20s) so naturally I was shocked my first couple days, but literally everyone does it and nobody speaks against it. Ou'd my boss (who is otherwise a great guy) had something brought against him for a "tight jeans" remark he'd be painted as this disgusting person rather than an office joker that nobody had previously complained about?

Is it right? No, not really, but if it wasn't made known that it wasn't acceptable but the complaint didn't come until they lost their job the whole thing seems more like a backlash from the firing.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Is it right? No, not really, but if it wasn't made known that it wasn't acceptable but the complaint didn't come until they lost their job the whole thing seems more like a backlash from the firing.
    I mean it's obviously the power relationship in employment that let's people get away with it. Nobody would accept behavior like that from a co-worker or intern.

I don't think he should sell the team over it; stepping down and letting his family take over should be fine. But I just saw he only owns 48% of the team, so that move would probably mean a big tax hit, causing the family to lose even more of their stake. Selling the team and putting the money in a fund likely makes more sense from a taxation point-of-view.

So p diddy and Colin Kaepernick trying to make a push?... lol how would that go over with the owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    So p diddy and Colin Kaepernick trying to make a push?... lol how would that go over with the owners?
    Diddy's got enough money but all those athletes who want in on his ownership would only be able to afford a tiny stake, I guess.

I'm not sure why the owners would turn that down if he won the bid.

Maybe Colin could get him his sugar cookies and Cambodian breast milk.

I refuse to live in a world where I can't open the car door for a woman and then proceed to buckle her in while getting the chance for a little elbow to boob action.

The nerve of society to deem this unacceptable is flabbergasting.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Good ol' boy Jerruh being Jerruh...

“I’m very sad,” Jones said after the Cowboys’ win at the Oakland Raiders. “Jerry is one of the really, really, really outstanding men of football that I’ve ever met, and I really admire him. I know that he made it the old-fashioned way. He worked for it. He took what he made in a short time in pro football and turned it into a great business and then used that to get the Carolina franchise. So he’s a great story.”

And then, in a rather stunning display of callousness towards the victims of Richardson’s reported behavior, Jones added, “I’m really sad. I want all those kind of men we can have in the National Football League.”
    Probably not the endorsement he should be giving...

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

I guess if you want your ownership chances to go up in flames add CK to the mix

I hope they push for him to get into the ownership group though... the NFL can't get enough bad PR at this point...

Going to be funny to watch unfold

Its actually kind of comical that Kaepernick has thrown his name into the mix but what's he going to be? A less than 1% owner? Because the Panthers are worth around $2.5 billion and Kaepernick's net worth is around $30M if not less now.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Good ol' boy Jerruh being Jerruh...

Probably not the endorsement he should be giving...
    yikes

PROCESSING

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast