Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I have the best words.

-Stork

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    For all his struggles, I still don't know how Cooper is less of a "keep" than Walford.
    Because Cooper pisses me the f* off...

I'm about 80% certain JDR will hire an experienced coordinator next year and the whole offense will look much better as a result.

For all the hyperbole, that's the easiest solution to get the Raiders back to the playoffs.

Because THIS time, Del Rio is sure to get it right? Yeah, sure.

You want to be more optimistic about the players than I am...I can understand, but Del Rio? Heís the dookie in the punch bowl at the holiday office party, He has to go.

-Stork

Jump on the David Shaw bandwagon!! I'm with Stork haha I've watched him destroy my UCLA teams too much.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Del Rio signed long term and MD is a bit strapped for cash. Probably stuck with him for another year or two. I really HOPE JDR finds a good OC this time. Norv would do, unless he wants a HC position some where. Musgrave proved even a little competence can make this offense work.

If a few million dollars is preventing Mark from making a commitment to excellence, he needs to go too.

And that my friends, is the edge my fandom rests upon. I donít think Iíll be able to care if the team itself doesnít care.

Apathy is creeping in slowly.

Lol, or maybe Iíll root against us...hard.

-Stork

Not that far behind you man. This season really pissed me off. In many ways.

Would love to see a complete overhaul. Fire Reggie and the whole coaching staff and start anew. But of course Mark won't do that, I suspect he's gonna sit back and do nothing as he has the stadium deal secured already.

Reggie has a miles long list of failed draft picks, and Jack is regressing. After seeing the brilliant job Sean McVay has done with the Rams it's hard to not wish for the same. I'm pretty high on Teryl Austin the DC from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Because THIS time, Del Rio is sure to get it right? Yeah, sure.

You want to be more optimistic about the players than I am...I can understand, but Del Rio? Heís the dookie in the punch bowl at the holiday office party, He has to go.

-Stork
    If I'm Mark, I'm hovering outside McKenzie's office dictating his future.

If I'm McKenzie, I'm staking out the doorway to JDR's office helping him get a stellar OC because everyone's professional future rides on this.

If I'm JDR I'm going to sit quietly and take notes as this is a teachable moment...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    If I'm Mark, I'm hovering outside McKenzie's office dictating his future.

If I'm McKenzie, I'm staking out the doorway to JDR's office helping him get a stellar OC because everyone's professional future rides on this.

If I'm JDR I'm going to sit quietly and take notes as this is a teachable moment...
    Jack was a stepping stone to get better coaches interested in The Raiders job. Iím willing to let Reggie go if that HC wants to be the GM as well or bring someone he trusts. This season has proven to me you only win consistently with the Top tier minds. The HC is either one of those or he is able to support one or two of those in the co-ordinatior positions. Mark needs to be aggressive and go get him. The next step for this team is a big one itís not a quarter turn or a we are so close bs.

mberr Guest
    I'm trying to think of coaches that'll be available and who have a history of success.
    John Morton
    Hue Jackson*
    Bruce Arians*
    Dirk Koetter
    Jay Grueden*
    Ben McAdoo (as OC, QB coach)
    Mike McCoy (if you want to give him credit for "coaching" Payton Manning)

*= not very likely

I've been impressed by the NYJ offense this year so if Bowles was to get fired, it'd be cool for the Raiders to land Morton. McAdoo stunk as HC but he did help coach Aaron Rodgers and did well as OC after that. Dirk Koetter would be the "JDR hiring" of offensive coordinator- completely uninspired. The rest are pretty unlikely to be available.

Since play-calling experience is paramount, I suggest that the Raiders hire a hot shot OC from the college ranks who runs a power blocking scheme(THOSE are the guys who really have a pulse on where football is going). My second move should be to bring in McAdoo as QB coach/assistant HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Would love to see a complete overhaul. Fire Reggie and the whole coaching staff and start anew. But of course Mark won't do that, I suspect he's gonna sit back and do nothing as he has the stadium deal secured already.

Reggie has a miles long list of failed draft picks, and Jack is regressing. After seeing the brilliant job Sean McVay has done with the Rams it's hard to not wish for the same. I'm pretty high on Teryl Austin the DC from Detroit.

More undrafted free agents are having a bigger impact then drafted players

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Jack was a stepping stone to get better coaches interested in The Raiders job. Iím willing to let Reggie go if that HC wants to be the GM as well or bring someone he trusts. This season has proven to me you only win consistently with the Top tier minds. The HC is either one of those or he is able to support one or two of those in the co-ordinatior positions. Mark needs to be aggressive and go get him. The next step for this team is a big one itís not a quarter turn or a we are so close bs.
    Agree with most except that HC/GM rarely works. If both are fairly competent it's a good system of checks and balances. Combinations of the two positions usually ends up in bad contracts and overspending.

Jack has done his job, it's time to send him away with our profound thanks.

I'm thinking that going forward I'd be more inclined to pick up the scalpel rather than the meat clever. We have the wrong guy as HC, we are not a dysfunctional organization. Better strategy, better utilization, more football I Q or at least the confidence to find coordinators that do and the courage to let them operate. I am damned sick and tired of seeing a mentally unprepared product on the field, I want to see enthusiasm, fire, players swarming to the ball. We only have that sporadically and that falls on the shoulders of JDR.

I've had Sirius on most of the day, several mentions of the benching of Gillingslie in NE. It's a very good illustration of how a system of discipline works for the betterment of the team. I'm not suggesting that we become NE but there are many tools available for motivation if someone has the sand to implement them.

Give me a new HC with a clear vision how to get some complementary coordinators...

How about a head coach with a game plan. I think he's contributed very little this year. Truthfully, I think he fired Norton because he was told to.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    How about a head coach with a game plan. I think he's contributed very little this year. Truthfully, I think he fired Norton because he was told to.
    How about a head coach that can look at his roster and sees what kind of play it's suited for. It seems over a rather extended period that we have about two thirds of the pieces for a certain style of play and then our genius coaches say the hell with that, go the other direction and continually struggle to perform. I was on board to ship Mussgrave, he was without imagination but at least he saw what he had. Downing said the right things to get the job but appears to have ignored what his O line was built for and gone the other direction. Where is Del Rio? Giving some platitude about playing with your hair on fire? Catch a clue Jack, your boy Downing ventured down a path in the wrong direction and you weren't manager enough to reign him in, get him the help he needed.

When things go wrong at Chevrolet they don't can the guy that puts the bolts in the left front fenders, they can the CEO. If you want to carry the conversation a bit further and include McKenzie, I think that should be discussed. If JDR is allowed to stay then they can both leave together if they don't get this turned around.

There are very few opportunities for the proper mix of people to be successful in the NFL. Change from the HC down and continue work on the roster...

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast