Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Question?......why are we offering a king's ransom when controlled players like Stanton and Ozuna went for much less ?

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I will be furious if Kopech is included. I'm already on the fence about making a trade for a rental, but parting with quality prospects would just set me off.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I will be furious if Kopech is included. I'm already on the fence about making a trade for a rental, but parting with quality prospects would just set me off.
    agreed.

I dont think the trade happens at all.

This trade scenario is smoke and mirrors. I think Hahn wants to show interest in Machado so when he does indeed become a free agent, he will think the the sox were interested in him early and actually pursued him. It may give the sox an inclusion advantage but they will still have to pony up the dough in the long run. Machado may show a little more interest in the sox organization and ponder how he could fit in.
    We Gotta Believe!

Kopech is not involved in any talks. Hes untouchable as is Eloy, Robert and Hansen. I was told no top prospects were in the White Sox offer.

I heard the Sox offered to take a bad contract for 1 year to help the Os. But the Os are still worried the Sox would flip him to the Yanks.

Hahn is no dummy. He has set this rebuild up fantastically so far, for him to blow it up now would be incredibly stupid, Kenny Williams would do that. Machado now knows, if he didn't already that he would fit perfectly in Chicago in a year or so, make the money work. JR will pay if its the right guy.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Kopech is not involved in any talks. Hes untouchable as is Eloy, Robert and Hansen. I was told no top prospects were in the White Sox offer.

I heard the Sox offered to take a bad contract for 1 year to help the Os. But the Os are still worried the Sox would flip him to the Yanks.
    Thank You sir!!!!! I can sleep now...........

I am really surprised Hahn hasn't signed any bullpen arms.....Its an area of concern for me,with the young starters we need a bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I am really surprised Hahn hasn't signed any bullpen arms.....Its an area of concern for me,with the young starters we need a bullpen.
    Ehh, hes letting the market play out. Although, this is the time I expect him to jump in and grab another BP arm or two. I also expect a vet for the rotation that can eat innings until Rodon is healthy and then can be flipped at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Well, we did get Thyago Vieira from Seattle.....

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    And Rob Scahill...

Thyago Vieira RHP Vieira lights up radar guns better than most pitchers, sitting consistently at 97-100 mph and touching 102.'could be a future closer if he learns to command his pitches better

I think that a package of Dylan Cease and Ian Clarkin is probably what's on the table. An all-star with one year of control won't bring anything significant back. The Yankees got Stanton for not much more than that. I don't think the Orioles will get a better deal.

Both Cease and Clarkin are reall good prospects......I'd hate to lose them for a one year rental...

Both Cease and Clarkin are reall good prospects......I'd hate to lose them for a one year rental...
    I like them too, but both are injury prone and haven't proven they can be future starting pitchers. I think that makes them the most expendable of the White Sox pitching prospects. My hope is that the Sox are commited to resigning Machado and they experiment with Anderson in Centerfield in order to give Machado time at short.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast