Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan54 View Post
    I like them too, but both are injury prone and haven't proven they can be future starting pitchers. I think that makes them the most expendable of the White Sox pitching prospects. My hope is that the Sox are commited to resigning Machado and they experiment with Anderson in Centerfield in order to give Machado time at short.
    Plus drafting 4th will allow them to draft a very good arm if they choose to that high in the draft,to replace both Cease and Clarkin if need be. My early favorite for the 4th pick is De Sedas shortstop out FLA high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Plus drafting 4th will allow them to draft a very good arm if they choose to that high in the draft,to replace both Cease and Clarkin if need be. My early favorite for the 4th pick is De Sedas shortstop out FLA high school.
    Not to mention the supplemental draft pick the Sox could get as a Machado Type A FA should he sign elsewhere the next season.

A deal seems less likely as time goes by.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I like De Sedas as well. Another way to go would be to Draft a 3rd basemen , either Bohm or India or prep star Nolan Gorman.
    In the meantime try to make a trade with the O's for Manny Machado. The Cubs are reportedly interested in making a trade for him again. offering Addison Russell , Almora Jr, etc..
    Sox can match that with Tim Anderson, one of our catchers, Avi Garcia, or some other combination of players. Machado would be a giant building block and a great SS/2B tandem with Moncada.

Trading for Machado now makes less sense that it did in December. Giving up young arms and Anderson for him would be just plain dumb. Hey lets trade some top prospects so we can win 60 games instead of 50, no thanks. The only way he comes to the Sox is as a free agent or IF Baltimore takes a bad deal, that's not real likely. He's going somewhere, maybe the Cubs, maybe the Dodgers and hopefully is available on the market in November. If he wants to play for the White Sox, he will give them a chance to pony up $$$.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Yea there is absolutely no reason to trade for Machado now UNLESS he wants to sign a long term deal as soon as he is traded.

I'd love to see Machado on the South Side, it's just a matter of how and when he gets there.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 05-14-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I am not suggesting trading young arms, but I would not lose sleep if Fulmer was included in a package deal for Machado.
    The Sox would not trade for Manny Macho (unless they also intended) on signing him to a long term deal. I would not trade Gio, Reynaldo, Moncada, Robert, Basabe. the Micker, Eloy, Cease, Kopech, Dunning....but guys like Avi, Davidson, Fulmer, Shields could be dealt and not impact this rebuild very much at all.
    I would even consider trading Tim Anderson if he was the centerpiece in a deal for Machado.
    Last edited by garypeters; 05-14-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234