Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    what was Stafford's salary when we had a better roster?
    Idr exactly. was high up there, though. I remember when him/calvin/suh made like 1/3 of the cap or some ridiculous ****.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Is there a master list somewhere of all the moves (FAs, releases, signings & draft picks) Quinn has made?
    I tried to look for it. Unfortunately transaction lists have every single transaction made (cuts, re-sign, cut, etc.) , so it's kind of frustrating to sift through.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    22,915
    we intentionally draft below average players so we won't have superstars to pay after rookie contracts.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,382
    Teez Tabor locked up Mike Evans

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Teez Tabor locked up Mike Evans
    To be fair, Mike Evans has kind of sucked all year this year.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    To be fair, Mike Evans has kind of sucked all year this year.
    he was pretty damn good games 1-8

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    he was pretty damn good games 1-8
    I don't know what pretty damn good is, but no 100 yard games this season and below 70 yards receiving 5 of the first 8 games and no TDs for his last 6 games played. He has been serviceable as a WR, but as their number 1 option he has not been great this year.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,416
    Mike Evans is a beast stuck in a ****** situation.

    I GUARANTEE he has a monster of a game Monday night though. My money is going on Tampa.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    I don't know what pretty damn good is, but no 100 yard games this season and below 70 yards receiving 5 of the first 8 games and no TDs for his last 6 games played. He has been serviceable as a WR, but as their number 1 option he has not been great this year.
    ok dude you got me.

    Tabor = bust

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,416
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    ok dude you got me.

    Tabor = bust
    I agree he's not a bust, but you have to see both sides of the coin. His contributions this year have been miniscule.

    Can't blame people for thinking that way.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    ok dude you got me.

    Tabor = bust
    LOL I didnt say he is a bust, some corners take a bit to develop. He really hasn't seen the field except for the last few weeks. Id like to give him a little more time to see what he can really do.

    But my point was that Mike Evans has not looked like Mike Evans this year. Could be him or the offense.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    1,663
    I have witness the Fontes years and the Caldwell era reminds me too much of the Fontes years. We were good enough the make the playoffs and that was it. Fontes took us to the NFC championship in 1991 to get blown out by the eventual champion Redskins. We took down the playoff banners at Ford Field because for once the organization thinks that making the playoffs isn't good enough. 1991 was the last time the Lions won the division and actually won a playoff game. Quin's problem was he never addressed the pass rush or the RB position. I honestly believe if we had a legitimate power back who can run between the tackles JBC's play calling would be different. My issue with Caldwell minus the Tampa game on Sunday has been getting the team ready. We constantly dig ourselves a hole and have had trouble getting out of. As a coach in general how do not see that there are 9 men on the field. If you have to call a time out to get the players on the field so be it.

    AAL: MATTHEW STAFFORD
    COMP: 371 ATT: 565 YDS: 4,446 COMP %: 65.7 TD: 29 INT: 10 FUMBLES: 11 QBR: 61.8
    RUSH ATT: 29 YDS: 98 TD: 0
    COMEBACK WINS: 2

    2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 30-38-12 Points: 72
    Detroit Lions#INBOBQUINNWETRUST!
    Detroit Tigers 13-18
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 26-11 ACC: 11-7 Good Season Boys!
    Florida State Seminoles #timeforthetaggartera

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I have witness the Fontes years and the Caldwell era reminds me too much of the Fontes years. We were good enough the make the playoffs and that was it. Fontes took us to the NFC championship in 1991 to get blown out by the eventual champion Redskins. We took down the playoff banners at Ford Field because for once the organization thinks that making the playoffs isn't good enough. 1991 was the last time the Lions won the division and actually won a playoff game. Quin's problem was he never addressed the pass rush or the RB position. I honestly believe if we had a legitimate power back who can run between the tackles JBC's play calling would be different. My issue with Caldwell minus the Tampa game on Sunday has been getting the team ready. We constantly dig ourselves a hole and have had trouble getting out of. As a coach in general how do not see that there are 9 men on the field. If you have to call a time out to get the players on the field so be it.
    Wayne Fontes..... I still remember some of his halftime talks with the reports on the field
    Report - So what are you going to do to stop them on defense
    Fontes - Give the ball to Barry

    Reporter - Special teams seem to be a mess today, how can you shore that up?
    Fontes - Give the ball to Barry

    Reporter - That Barry injury looks like it could keep him out the rest the game. How are you going to get his production from the others out there.
    Fontes - Give the ball to Barry.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,382

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,416
    According to Pro Football Focus, Tabor was targeted five times the 23 snaps he was in coverage, surrendering three catches for 46 yards.
    Not bad I guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •