Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    People can get on McCown all they want; personally, I'd like him back for next year. Here are 2 things to consider when talking about the NY Jets and quite honestly, you can label this year as "lost opportunity." The Jets, if my math is correct, 49 points in 7 games from being 11-3 or 12-2 right now and the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC. That is not all on the QB. That is basically a couple plays here and there on both sides of the ball.

Second of all, the Minnesota Vikings, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the LA Rams are a combined 31-11 this year and all 3 are likely going to win their divisions and host a playoff game or two. Their QB's for either all/majority of the season are Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, and Jared Goff. NONE of them IMO are "Franchise QB's."

If you look at McCown this season-- 67.3% completions, nearly 3,000 yards 18 TD's, 9 INT's, passer rating of 94.5. You find me that kind of production and add a couple more quality pieces to the offensive side of the football, that is all the Jets are going to need to be very competitive in the NFL.

I am not saying all of this prevents you from drafting a QB; I also don't think you need to be giving away premium picks in order to do it. Quite honestly, you put a guy like Alex Smith on this team next year and add a few pieces at positions like RB, O-line, CB, pass rusher, the Jets are a serious playoff contender!
    I mostly agree with all of this, but McCown is old and his arm talent definitely limits the offense at bit.

No way do I want McCown as QB for next year. He's old and injury prone. Pass.

fitzpatrick pt 2. He played well, thats great , cash in your good fortune for what he provided us and say thank you and goodbye. pass.

But who do you get for next year? If you want to compete the only options are Alex Smith or make a push for Cousins (no thank you). I don't see the problem with bringing Josh back no matter what we do in the draft. Petty nor Hack are the answers unless it's a tank job which we all know ain't happening.

I think Denver would be in play for either one.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    But who do you get for next year? If you want to compete the only options are Alex Smith or make a push for Cousins (no thank you). I don't see the problem with bringing Josh back no matter what we do in the draft. Petty nor Hack are the answers unless it's a tank job which we all know ain't happening.
    Resign Josh
    Rosen-Darnold-Allen-Mayfield-Rudolph-Jackson I think unless summon trades up to get Allen, he will be there. If you aren't sold on him. Trade back and take Mayfield or Jackson.
    I want zero part of Cousins. Smith will be too expensive but he's a solid option if you don't want to take a QB early.
    Signing smith to a three year deal that could be cancelled after the second year and drafting Mayfield would be ideal. Smith both gives you a chance to win now and could be a very good mentor for Mayfield.

Jakes new Baseball Card

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12