Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    how did we look? worked so i missed entire game

Didn’t look good, but got the job done. Cleveland actually looked pretty decent for 3 quarters then went back to their typically Cleveland ways.

Couldn’t get the run game going very well. The short pass game worked well late.

Defense looked poor for the most part. Randall has a big couple coverage snaps. Clay made a play in overtime. House didn’t look good but also got hurt. Secondary depth is gonna be a big concern moving forward.

Was just messing around with the espn playoff thing. Here is the next 3 weeks.

1) I assume Atlanta wins next week vs Tampa. So they'll be 9-5
    2) we win and improve to 8-6, Carolina falls to 9-5
    3) The Rams beat Seattle to become 10-4, Seattle falls to 8-6

4) New Orleans beats Atlanta. Atlanta falls to 9-6
    5) we win and improve to 9-6, Carolina wins and becomes 10-5
    6) Seattle beats Dallas to become 9-6

7) Carolina and Atlanta play for the 5th seed. This game means nothing for us. Carolina wins and becomes 11-5. Atlanta is out at 9-7. Atlanta wins and becomes 10-6, Carolina is out at 10-6 losing the tiebreaker to us.
    8) we win and improve to 10-6, clinch 6th seed
    9) meaningless, but Seattle win and finish 10-6, lose tiebreaker to us

Basically, the easiest path for us is to win out. Then we need Seattle to lose one more, ideally to LA next week just to get it over with. And then we need New Orleans to beat Atlanta. If that happens, we are in if we win out. Atlanta vs Carolina basically becomes an elimination game. And we hold tiebreakers over dallas and/or dallas.

If Seattle wins out, we’ll need Tampa to upset one of carolina or Atlanta. Basically, in that case we’d need Carolina to finish 10-6 and Atlanta to finish 9-7, which is unlikely for both to happen at this point.

Ya it would be huge if the Rams just get it done next week. I really dont see them collapsing and missing the playoffs cause technically, a Seattle win wouldnt be all bad. Both of them would be 9-5 with 2 to go. Seattle goes to dallas and Rams go to Tennessee. Not easy wins for either of them. I dont know our tiebreaker scenario over the rams tho, so scratch all of that.

Winning out seems harder than getting the help too. Really feel like the help will come one way or the other. And its weird, i thought we really needed a Carolina loss, but not much has changed, we still 100% have to beat them, and still really need a New Orleans win vs Atlanta. Carolinas win today really only elminated some crazy 9-7 gets you in scenario.
    I had no idea that week 17 Car Atl matchup could be meaningless for us. So hopefully the Saints don't screw us.

So simplistically its beat carolina, saints beat falcons, seattle lose one more game

barely beating two bad teams does not instill confidence in this fan. i did like the short routes and quick releases, Hundley had some zip and the windows were tight. they played the entire 60 minutes. i don't think it was so much as winning but Cleveland snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

My conspiracy continues to prove true.

#believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Ya it would be huge if the Rams just get it done next week. I really dont see them collapsing and missing the playoffs cause technically, a Seattle win wouldnt be all bad. Both of them would be 9-5 with 2 to go. Seattle goes to dallas and Rams go to Tennessee. Not easy wins for either of them. I dont know our tiebreaker scenario over the rams tho, so scratch all of that.

Winning out seems harder than getting the help too. Really feel like the help will come one way or the other. And its weird, i thought we really needed a Carolina loss, but not much has changed, we still 100% have to beat them, and still really need a New Orleans win vs Atlanta. Carolinas win today really only elminated some crazy 9-7 gets you in scenario.
    I had no idea that week 17 Car Atl matchup could be meaningless for us. So hopefully the Saints don't screw us.

So simplistically its beat carolina, saints beat falcons, seattle lose one more game
    The one scenario which is entirely possible that a Carolina win set up is that if we beat Carolina but Carolina beats Tampa and Atlanta. They finish 11-5. And then if Atlanta beats Tampa and New Orleans, but loses to carolina, then they finish 10-6 and hold the tiebreaker over us. As long as New Orleans beats Atlanta, then the Vikings loss to carolina doesn’t hurt. But if Atlanta beats New Orleans, week 17 is no longer a straight elimination game. We would need Atlanta to beat Carolina in that situation (and still need a loss for Seattle at some point.)

So if ATL loses to NO but wins vs. TB (9-6); Pack win out to be 10-6; CAR loses to Pack, wins next week vs. TB (10-5) we root for Atlanta to become 10-6, Carolina to be 10-6, Pack 10-6? Then Pack would have tiebreaker over CAR? I am not that bright so if someone could help me out lol

If we win out, we need Seattle to lose 1 more game at the very least. If Seattle wins out, we are virtually eliminated unless Tampa upsets one of Atlanta or carolina.

But if Seattle loses one more, there’s a few scenarios we can root for. The easiest one is for Atlanta to lose to New Orleans. If Atlanta loses to New Orleans and Seattle loses at least one more, then the week 17 game of carolina vs Atlanta doesn’t matter. The winner of that game and the packers get in. If Atlanta beats New Orleans in two weeks, then we also need Atlanta to beat Carolina in week 17.

So all in all, the easiest thing to root for is Seattle to lose one more, ideally to LA this week and for New Orleans to beat Atlanta in week 16. If those two things happen, we should go into week 17 not needing any help. This obvisously assumes we win out, which is far from a given. If Atlanta beats New Orleans, we aren’t done yet, but it makes week 17 more stressful in the sense that we’ll need to win and get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The one scenario which is entirely possible that a Carolina win set up is that if we beat Carolina but Carolina beats Tampa and Atlanta. They finish 11-5. And then if Atlanta beats Tampa and New Orleans, but loses to carolina, then they finish 10-6 and hold the tiebreaker over us. As long as New Orleans beats Atlanta, then the Vikings loss to carolina doesn’t hurt. But if Atlanta beats New Orleans, week 17 is no longer a straight elimination game. We would need Atlanta to beat Carolina in that situation (and still need a loss for Seattle at some point.)
    Yup. Thats the deathly scenario. Would suck so bad lmao.

I'm glad Hundley and the rest of the team has put the Packers in the position to make the playoffs, but I still think its a real long shot for it to happen.

We have such a tough schedule to finish the season and I don't see us winning all three.

If Rodgers doesn't play this week then the season is over imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    If Rodgers doesn't play this week then the season is over imo.
    I think we are going to have a tough time beating the Panthers with or without Rodgers.
    Anytime we face a super mobile QB like Cam Newton I assume he is going to burn the D using his feet.

It comes down to what version of newton shows up. If he’s throwing the ball well, they are almost impossible to beat. If he’s off with his arm, you can load the box and spy him. In those cases, they can struggle to score.

They are almost just as likely to score 40 as they are to score 10. Strange team that’s very beatable at times and almost impossible to beat other times.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast