Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    The elite guys are the ones where both typical statistic analysis and film based metrics agree. The ones that are interesting (like Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater) are the ones where there is a pretty big gap between the 2 forms of analysis. In those instances I always lean toward the film based metrics because I feel like those have more context but I always do my own "evaluations" after watching tape on those guys.
    ha this is getting to the last sentence of my last post. I didn't see what you wrote but totally agree and tend to use the film based analysis more as well when different forms of analysis disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    QBR is the one I am talking about though and it was back in like 2010 I think for Batch?

Passer rating is the one that's been around super long and QBR was supposed to be a better version type of thing. Yet it was QBR that rated that Batch game so crazily etc. too when stats/eye test and common sense would be like WTF? You can't really trust any one stat individually just like you can't just trust any one grade from PFF. When all analysis tells the same story you might be on to something though.
    I miss Mewelde Moore. Loved that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    I miss Mewelde Moore. Loved that guy!
    I had his jersey. Definitely one of the more random jerseys I've ever owned

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I had his jersey. Definitely one of the more random jerseys I've ever owned

Id have to say there were some classic guys that werent hall of famers that i was a big fan of. Anthony Carter was my first jersey. He was always the “other carter.” But i really liked him. Robert Smith was my favorite viking of all time though. Nobody had a smoother stride than him.

Id have to say there were some classic guys that werent hall of famers that i was a big fan of. Anthony Carter was my first jersey. He was always the “other carter.” But i really liked him. Robert Smith was my favorite viking of all time though. Nobody had a smoother stride than him.
    I can think of one......or two

Yeah i saw that too. So are they saying keenum is making them look better than what they are? I wonder what our sack total woulda been last year with keenum if all things were equal. And also with sam this year.
    Yes I read they are saying Case is making our OL look better. This was my argument a week or so ago that if Sam was able to come back I'm not sure that he would be the better fit.

I think Case or Teddy would not have taken as many but with the lack of a run game last year I still think we would have given up quite a few.

That's what 'team' is, tho. Linemen doing their jobs make the guys behind them look better. QBs throwing accurate passes make receivers look better. Receivers making nice catches on inaccurate passes make a QB look better. RBs hitting even the tiniest of holes make the OL look better and on and on. Everybody's got everybody's backs and who has whose can change from play to play.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    That's what 'team' is, tho. Linemen doing their jobs make the guys behind them look better. QBs throwing accurate passes make receivers look better. Receivers making nice catches on inaccurate passes make a QB look better. RBs hitting even the tiniest of holes make the OL look better and on and on. Everybody's got everybody's backs and who has whose can change from play to play.
    GAME DAY FELLAS..... LET'S GO!!!!

I feel like the Defense is gonna go wild today. For how good they have been I do not believe the Vikings D has a score yet this season. That will change today!!!

SKOL

Time to take the North

Let's go boys

On the light rail. Will be at the stadium in about an hour. Hope we destroy Cam again!

What happened to Pat Elflein??? He’s out today. Easton at center and Sirles at G today.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    What happened to Pat Elflein??? He’s out today. Easton at center and Sirles at G today.
    Wasn't he limited throughout the week?

All I saw was shoulder injury re Pat

Pat out, Greg Olson in....would obviously prefer the reverse
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Damn Keenum put way too much air into that ball
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn