Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I think Carolina is by far the weakest of all potential playoff teams. Hope we crush them!
    I'm excited bc I get to go I live about 30 min from BofA Stadium.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Awesome man, have fun!

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Anyone have Rashod Hillís PFF grades for this year? Iíd like to see his ratings compared to the other tackles in the league. Iíd also like to see his ratings compared to Remmers and Reiff this year. Hill seems to be doing a damn good job week in and week out. I havenít had a reason to scream at him yet. Very athletic for a big *** dude!

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Anyone have Rashod Hillís PFF grades for this year? Iíd like to see his ratings compared to the other tackles in the league. Iíd also like to see his ratings compared to Remmers and Reiff this year. Hill seems to be doing a damn good job week in and week out. I havenít had a reason to scream at him yet. Very athletic for a big *** dude!
    Paco said that Reiff was rated 54th for LT last week. What does that tell you? Lol

I don't think he's rated very well because of his run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Paco said that Reiff was rated 54th for LT last week. What does that tell you? Lol
    He's rated the 54th OT not LT. Makes it a little better.

Thatís ridiculous. How can you give up your first sack of the year in week 13 and be ranked that low. He also mauls in the run game. PFF ranks are good but very flawed. I guess our unit as a whole is MUCH better than the sum of its parts. Both Hill and Remmers have played great as well. No complaints here........yet

Thatís ridiculous. How can you give up your first sack of the year in week 13 and be ranked that low. He also mauls in the run game. PFF ranks are good but very flawed. I guess our unit as a whole is MUCH better than the sum of its parts. Both Hill and Remmers have played great as well. No complaints here........yet
    Indeed. There are 8 categories of player (Elite, high quality, above average, average, below average, poor, rookie, and limited information). Since rookie and limited information are really sub categories the lowest one would be poor. He is listed in that group.

Elflein is the 28th center (poor) rashod hill is 47th (below average) easton is 61st (poor) and joe berger is 19th (average). Berger is the best of the bunch!

I just don't really agree with PFF rankings all that much. Very flawed (like you said) imo.
    Last edited by Wolfpac_101; 12-08-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Indeed. There are 8 categories of player (Elite, high quality, above average, average, below average, poor, rookie, and limited information). Since rookie and limited information are really sub categories the lowest one would be poor. He is listed in that group.

Elflein is the 28th center (poor) rashod hill is 47th (below average) easton is 61st (poor) and joe berger is 19th (average). Berger is the best of the bunch!

I just don't really agree with PFF rankings all that much. Very flawed (like you said) imo.
    Clearly because we have one of the best lines in the league and individually PFF says they are either average or poor lol

Clearly because we have one of the best lines in the league and individually PFF says they are either average or poor lol
    I am curious how come up with their grades. Going into the Falcons game the PFF preview mentioned Reiff was struggling and had given up 9 total pressures during his last 3 games.

Here's a few things Eric Eager from PFF had to say:

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I am curious how come up with their grades. Going into the Falcons game the PFF preview mentioned Reiff was struggling and had given up 9 total pressures during his last 3 games.

Here's a few things Eric Eager from PFF had to say:

Yeah i saw that too. So are they saying keenum is making them look better than what they are? I wonder what our sack total woulda been last year with keenum if all things were equal. And also with sam this year.
    Last edited by Wolfpac_101; 12-08-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Anyone remember his from a few years ago? Lol. I was shocked.

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/sto...efs-mnf-092915

Week 14: Minnesota Vikings vs Carolina Panthers 12/10/17 1:00 PM ET

Pff is definitely flawed but it at least is analysis not based just off raw data and uses eye test. Definitely not perfect but still more useful than many single stats. I mean does anyone use qbr? I feel like I heard things were changed but at one point the best game ever was Charlie batchs 186 yard two interception game where people studied the tape and were like wtf? It didn't seem to match up at all based on eye test or general stats tbh yet qbr loved it. Stats like that can be extremely misleading as well.

In the end you gotta use both data and eye test type analysis IMO. Then mostly throw it out and go with your initial opinion! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Pff is definitely flawed but it at least is analysis not based just off raw data and uses eye test. Definitely not perfect but still more useful than many single stats. I mean does anyone use qbr? I feel like I heard things were changed but at one point the best game ever was Charlie batchs 186 yard two interception game where people studied the tape and were like wtf? It didn't seem to match up at all based on eye test or general stats tbh yet qbr loved it. Stats like that can be extremely misleading as well.

In the end you gotta use both data and eye test type analysis IMO. Then mostly throw it out and go with your initial opinion! Lol
    The elite guys are the ones where both typical statistic analysis and film based metrics agree. The ones that are interesting (like Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater) are the ones where there is a pretty big gap between the 2 forms of analysis. In those instances I always lean toward the film based metrics because I feel like those have more context but I always do my own "evaluations" after watching tape on those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Qbr is used. Passer rating is not. Passer rating is the max 158.3 one that is just raw numbers. Qbr is the newer, more accurate one that takes into account importance of the qb and maxes at 100. I find qbr much more accurate than what i see from the pff rankings. And aaron rodgers 5 td 0 int game scored negative? Lol i dunno.

But yet in the end anything that used subjective review in ANY way is an opinion. So weíre all just talking heads!
    Last edited by Wolfpac_101; 12-08-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Yeah i saw that too. So are they saying keenum is making them look better than what they are? I wonder what our sack total woulda been last year with keenum if all things were equal. And also with sam this year.
    It's gotta be a mix of both in reality and the scheme. I really like Shurmur and think he is one of the keys to the entire offense being this successful (coming from someone who almost always bashes our playcalling lol). The line is clearly better than the last couple years. Two years ago I think there was a stat that Teddy was pressured on highest % of dropbacks. I am not sure about last year but given the injuries it couldn't have been much better if at all.

I loved how Teddy moved within the pocket and thought it was a huge upgrade over Sam. Even if Sam didn't get sacked half the time it was because he just checked down instead of even trying to get the yards we needed etc. Keenum is an upgrade over even Teddy in his pocket movement, at least this year. I mean in 9 games last year Keenum was sacked 23 times so it isn't solely him but we have all seen so many plays where he just escapes and makes a "yolo" throw too.

Qbr is used. Passer rating is not. Passer rating is the max 158.3 one that is just raw numbers. Qbr is the newer, more accurate one that takes into account importance of the qb and maxes at 100. I find qbr much more accurate than what i see from the pff rankings. And aaron rodgers 5 td 0 int game scored negative? Lol i dunno.

But yet in the end anything that used subjective review in ANY way is an opinion. So weíre all just talking heads!
    QBR is the one I am talking about though and it was back in like 2010 I think for Batch?

Passer rating is the one that's been around super long and QBR was supposed to be a better version type of thing. Yet it was QBR that rated that Batch game so crazily etc. too when stats/eye test and common sense would be like WTF? You can't really trust any one stat individually just like you can't just trust any one grade from PFF. When all analysis tells the same story you might be on to something though.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast