Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Scoots doesn't know ts%, it was around long before Morey and we can easily account for actual possessions. .44 was an estimate but it remains a reliable one even when looking at the actual ranks
    Clearly.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    FG% should never be used in this day and age. I always quote 2pt FG and 3pt FG seperately. eFG% is the most direct replacement for FG%.
    Well said.

I see eFG% used more often / brought up in discussions these days and it's a good thing.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Clearly.
    So you are saying Morey is a liar?

Maybe things are turning around. Effective field goal percentage was mentioned 7 times in this week's power rankings on NBA.com.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/#/

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So you are saying Morey is a liar?
    He never said it bro. It's been around since the late 80s to my knowledge, possibly the late 70s and at the very least early 2000s when Morey was still interning in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He never said it bro. It's been around since the late 80s to my knowledge, possibly the late 70s and at the very least early 2000s when Morey was still interning in Boston
    I don't have access to the original audio anymore. But you can google it and find that Morey is widely credited with creating what we now call TS% with that specific formula. Maybe what you are remembering is something different, or maybe Morey has been taking credit and being given credit for something he stole ... but it does seem unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Maybe things are turning around. Effective field goal percentage was mentioned 7 times in this week's power rankings on NBA.com.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/#/
    They've been pushing it on their site as well. NBA.com is probably the best source for checking and comparing stats. ESPN has pushed the advanced metrics deep as well. It's a bit odd as they are geared towards casuals but with the internet/social media booming, it only makes sense that they push it.

8. 01-06-2018, 03:05 AM
    Reason
    empty post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234