Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    Nobody like Lamar Jackson?
    Not really. He's exciting to watch as a runner, but doesn't really look like he has the body to sustain punishment and doesn't really look like a smart runner to avoid the hits. He's got arm talent, but he has a pretty long way to go to develop into a good passer in the league.

That’s all speculation at this point. Guys with NFL head coaching experience who might be considered would include Mike Smith and Pat Shurmur. Smith, former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, is defensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Shurmur, offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, was head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 2011 and 2012. He compiled a 9-23 record. ESPN said Shurmur’s “name is generating a ton of buzz.”

Among first-time candidates, Panthers’ defensive coordinator Steve Wilks would likely be high on Gettleman’s list.
    Gentleman as GM, to being in more "old friends" of the Giants. This is BS.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...l-manager/amp/

Looooots of coach firings. Good news is there are decent experienced names. Bad news is there is a lot of competition to get the coach we want now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Looooots of coach firings. Good news is there are decent experienced names. Bad news is there is a lot of competition to get the coach we want now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not really a fan of any of the coaches who got fired, regardless of their experience. I would much rather hire Mike Smith and get creative coordinators.

Giants submitted requests to interview both NE coordinators.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...e-coordinators

It won’t surprise me if Matt Patricia is our next HC.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 01-01-2018 at 06:06 PM.

I see McDaniels as the pick probably because of the success, so far, of Garrapalo. The Giants will have a young QB whether its Webb or they draft a guy this year. It is important to have a guy that can get the most out of a young QB. McDaniels obviously did well with Garrapolo and he can point to the fact that he won a playoff game with Tebow at QB.

Off topic - I would really think twice about drafting Barkley instead of a QB. I realize how important a QB is, but looking at the success of Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, etc, these types of top level RB's can really make an offense go. Thinking about an offense with ODB, Engram and Barkley could be scary. I dont know how you defend those three. It would make the QB and the O line's job much easier.

We can have all the toys in the world our o line is horrendous... we have a Ferrari without wheels

Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post
    I see McDaniels as the pick probably because of the success, so far, of Garrapalo. The Giants will have a young QB whether its Webb or they draft a guy this year. It is important to have a guy that can get the most out of a young QB. McDaniels obviously did well with Garrapolo and he can point to the fact that he won a playoff game with Tebow at QB.

Off topic - I would really think twice about drafting Barkley instead of a QB. I realize how important a QB is, but looking at the success of Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, etc, these types of top level RB's can really make an offense go. Thinking about an offense with ODB, Engram and Barkley could be scary. I dont know how you defend those three. It would make the QB and the O line's job much easier.
    Kamara, Freeman, Bell, Hyde, David Johnson, Hunt, McCoy, etc. all were drafted in the 2nd round or later. Gurley, Gordon, Zeke, and Fournette are all great, but RB talent can be found in the later rounds. I don't think I'd use the 2nd pick on Barkley. If I were the Giants, I'd trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    We can have all the toys in the world our o line is horrendous... we have a Ferrari without wheels
    This. And there's no way I see Gettleman ignoring the line the way Reese did the past few year.

For what it's worth, this team has plenty of playmakers. Even the RBs we have are solid backs if they have some blocking and some offensive balance.

I wouldn't mind Barkley, but I think with the 2 pick you either take BPA or you trade the pick if someone blows you away with an offer.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Kamara, Freeman, Bell, Hyde, David Johnson, Hunt, McCoy, etc. all were drafted in the 2nd round or later. Gurley, Gordon, Zeke, and Fournette are all great, but RB talent can be found in the later rounds. I don't think I'd use the 2nd pick on Barkley. If I were the Giants, I'd trade down.
    I understand the concern but there are players that transcend position. It was amazing how different the Dallas running game was without Zeke....and how the Steelers offense sputtered without Bell. If this kid is as good as Bell or Zeke, he is absolutely worth the 2nd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post
    I understand the concern but there are players that transcend position. It was amazing how different the Dallas running game was without Zeke....and how the Steelers offense sputtered without Bell. If this kid is as good as Bell or Zeke, he is absolutely worth the 2nd pick.
    I'm not saying he isn't worthy of the 2nd pick, but for the Giants, they have so many needs if they trade back and can get some extra picks it'd be worth it. I really like some of the Olinemen in this draft.

Browns supposedly want Barkley. If they are afraid of the colts drafting him at 3 and maybe wanna give us one of their 2 2nds with pick 4 I'd probably down
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Browns supposedly want Barkley. If they are afraid of the colts drafting him at 3 and maybe wanna give us one of their 2 2nds with pick 4 I'd probably down
    Or they could just take him #1 overall..

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Screw that, I want Barkley lol
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    This. And there's no way I see Gettleman ignoring the line the way Reese did the past few year.

For what it's worth, this team has plenty of playmakers. Even the RBs we have are solid backs if they have some blocking and some offensive balance.

I wouldn't mind Barkley, but I think with the 2 pick you either take BPA or you trade the pick if someone blows you away with an offer.
    Barkley is BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast