Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    I just read it's down to the 2 Pats coordinators, and the Vikings coach. Wilks did not make the final cut

2018 OffSeason Thread

Yeah I read the same thing. I would be fine with any of the three but most intrigued by shurmer

They like Shurmur n McDaniels because both have ties to spags. I don’t get the obsession with him. I think McDaniels is still the guy. Or they’re holding out stalling for Schwartz

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    I just read it's down to the 2 Pats coordinators, and the Vikings coach. Wilks did not make the final cut
    Still very intrigued. I think Patricia has learned enough from BB to be a great 'CEO-type' of HC that oversees things and will produce some well-coached teams. Pair him up with the right OC/QB and you might get some SB caliber teams. I also think McDaniels has matured and will do fine with a second chance.

But I really really like Shurmur, what he has done this year and some of his track record in offensive/QB coaching. Read a couple of days ago he's pretty close to the Arizona job. Still not sure whether he's good HC material, but he intrigues me.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I hope these guys understand that we have high expectations here....very high. This is not Cinci or Cleveland where you get to stink for years and years with low expectations. Just hope they know....just ask Ben McAdoo...or better yet Tom Coughlin....who won 2 SB btw.

With that being said....the Giants have always been a controlled franchise, where HC are not given control of the team....had we done that will Bill Parcells, he would've been Bill Belichick here in NY.

I don't like Josh McDaniels at all, so I hope its not him....I just keep seeing Tom Brady yelling at him all the time....that's not good.

Shurmur says he's bringing Case Keenum with him.....we're good there...we have Eli and Webb. Biased to start....the first INT Eli throw, he'll be ready to throw CK in there. I'll pass.

Matt Patricia....don't know much about him....don't see much emotion from him....blank look on his face most of the time. His defense's have not been that great, but when it looks like the defense is defeated....they come up with a game winning play....it says a lot about the character of his defense and usually get better in the playoffs.

I'll take Patricia.....but the beard stays....Giants hoodie and cap....no sun glasses....don't change.

Maybe it's an opinion that is naive and too generalized, but I want a DC for HC, not an OC.

And I'd have some issues with Shurmur and trusting him to lead a locker room.

What if Patricia accepts the Lions job, Schumer, the Cardinals job and McDaniels the Colts job, then what?

Do you go back to Wilks and say, " You were our 4th choice but you are now our first choice"?

Do you offer the job to Jim Schwartz, Spagnola ?
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-13-2018 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    What if Patricia accepts the Lions job, Schumer, the Cardinals job and McDaniels the Colts job, then what?

Do you go back to Wilks and say, " You were our 4th choice but you are now our first choice"?

Do you offer the job to Jim Schwartz, Spagnola ?
    Yeah, it's a good question, though you'd have to think that one of those three would take the Giants job over the others. That said, imo, if this were to happen, I'd vote to let Spags coach next year and revisit things next offseason.

Assistants from Ben McAdoo's Giants staff with new jobs:

Mike Sullivan (QB, Denver)
    Adam Henry (WR, CLEVELAND)
    Frank Cignetti (QB, Green Bay)
    Pat Graham (Green Bay)
    Kevin Gilbride (TE, Chicago)

Was hoping to retain Adam Henry thought he did an excellent job with the Wr core

Wow, well, looking like it's coming down to Shurmur and McDaniels. I'm personally hoping it's McDaniels at this point.

@AdamSchefter
    Patriots’ defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is likely to become the Detroit Lions’ next head coach, league sources told ESPN. More on Sunday NFL Countdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Wow, well, looking like it's coming down to Shurmur and McDaniels. I'm personally hoping it's McDaniels at this point.

@AdamSchefter
    Patriots’ defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is likely to become the Detroit Lions’ next head coach, league sources told ESPN. More on Sunday NFL Countdown.
    Also sounding like McDaniels is likely to take the Indy job. That leaves us with Shurmur (and imagine if he made a last-second call to coach Arizona??)

This is ugly and was a huge gut-check. I think we should expand our coaching search.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I don't want any HC that doesn't want to be here....the Giants HC job is the most attractive job in the league so if guys want to go to other teams where the "pressure to win is less" then do us a favor and go elsewhere.

I still say wait it out....until after the SB. Lets not rush into a decision.

Some coach with balls will meet the challenge and help get us back on top.....I still think we should reach out to Saban.....I would do that due diligence with him.

The may wanna go elsewhere because this team was such a mess this past yr too. I've been extremely disappointed with the Giants. I think we took Coughlin for granted.

I feel like this morning Coughlin was preaching to the Jags about greatness and coming together as a team and what it feels like to win a ring....and at the exact same time someone on the MetLife stadium cleaning crew was vacuuming up Cheeto dust in McAdoos old Office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast