Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which of these two players has more of an impact when they are on the floor?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron

    32 86.49%
  • Curry

    5 13.51%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 362
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Oh, so it's showing that Curry can achieve a ceiling greater than Jordan? Sit down, homer. You are bad at this. It shows none of what you're trying to say. They lost to a 55 win Cavs team at the end of the day. No one has cared about that 73 win season after they lost. Literally, mentioning it is depressing considering you walked away with an L.
    Itís not depressing at all. It was one of the best series Iíve seen. We reloaded with our answer to lebron. Things are looking good out here

    And yes, curry gives a higher ceiling than Jordan. So what? Heís also a better shooter, or is it blasphemous to think curry is better at anything?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    You calling Bosh an MVP level player is laughable. You really just began watching NBA like two years ago. Your join date was probably from watching ice hockey or something.
    Oh I was thinking wade. Bosh is elite level, not mvp

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Itís not depressing at all. It was one of the best series Iíve seen. We reloaded with our answer to lebron. Things are looking good out here

    And yes, curry gives a higher ceiling than Jordan. So what? Heís also a better shooter, or is it blasphemous to think curry is better at anything?
    When you say a player has a higher ceiling, that means you think they can achieve or be better than someone potentially. Considering you said he won 73 games and said that his ceiling is higher than LeBron because of that, you would also say his ceiling is higher than Jordan. You are just totally a homer. Talk to me when Curry gets a Finals MVP. And also talk to me when teams don't PURPOSELY switch up from Klay to Curry so they can drop buckets on Curry.

    Lillard: It's unfair because Curry will make a three and taunt you but when you try to do the same to him, Klay is the one who guards me.

    Yeah, that player has more impact and a higher ceiling than LeBron and Jordan.. just stop, pal. None of what you said translates anything about basketball. It's all gibberish zero-proof opinions.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Rest assure, the Warriors at their best have a common denominator.
    He had a MONSTER game last night before the injury. The boy just filthy

    Itís crazy to think, he went from unanmouis mvp two years ago, to most underrated player in the league today

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,914
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He had a MONSTER game last night before the injury. The boy just filthy

    Itís crazy to think, he went from unanmouis mvp two years ago, to most underrated player in the league today
    He really only gets to go to that "**** you, unleash me" mode if they're down big. Down 20 at the half he went ahead and took the reigns and yeah you see what happens. It's definitely funny and a shame how soon people forget how dominant he can be due to how reeled in he can be on this team at times, but ultimately it's the best thing for the long term success of the team and it's just more testament to him that he's accepting of that.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    When you say a player has a higher ceiling, that means you think they can achieve or be better than someone potentially. Considering you said he won 73 games and said that his ceiling is higher than LeBron because of that, you would also say his ceiling is higher than Jordan. You are just totally a homer. Talk to me when Curry gets a Finals MVP. And also talk to me when teams don't PURPOSELY switch up from Klay to Curry so they can drop buckets on Curry.

    Lillard: It's unfair because Curry will make a three and taunt you but when you try to do the same to him, Klay is the one who guards me.

    Yeah, that player has more impact and a higher ceiling than LeBron and Jordan.. just stop, pal. None of what you said translates anything about basketball. It's all gibberish zero-proof opinions.
    Yes, Stephen curry on your team gives you a higher ceiling than Jordan or lebron. Neither plays off their teammates and vice versa the way curry does. Neither of their game allows teammates to shine as easy and regularly as Curryís game. I certainly understand curry is also part of a system, thereís a little Brady belichick effect going on

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, Stephen curry on your team gives you a higher ceiling than Jordan or lebron. Neither plays off their teammates and vice versa the way curry does. Neither of their game allows teammates to shine as easy and regularly as Curryís game. I certainly understand curry is also part of a system, thereís a little Brady belichick effect going on
    Better fit does not equate to a higher ceiling. Korver is a better fit than Melo but he isn't a better player. Your basketball concept is terrible. I have no idea why you bother typing. Curry being a better off-ball player (which is essentially your argument) is based off solely on his shooting ability. He does nothing better than Jordan or LeBron than that. And we've seen Curry get stopped and have incredibly poor shooting games. I guess when you meant Curry plays better on a fit perspective, you are right. Must be why he has ZERO Finals MVP's. Makes sense, totally.
    Last edited by FlashBolt; 12-05-2017 at 12:55 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    He really only gets to go to that "**** you, unleash me" mode if they're down big. Down 20 at the half he went ahead and took the reigns and yeah you see what happens. It's definitely funny and a shame how soon people forget how dominant he can be due to how reeled in he can be on this team at times, but ultimately it's the best thing for the long term success of the team and it's just more testament to him that he's accepting of that.
    Yup, dude was CRAZY scrappy. When he keeps getting boards over 6í9í power forwards, you know heís in that zone

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Better fit does not equate to a higher ceiling. Korver is a better fit than Melo but he isn't a better player. Your basketball concept is terrible. I have no idea why you bother typing.
    Iím not sure where you got lost, but reread my posts

    He can ďfitĒ any system

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    57,830
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Before you could build around ONE player, now you canít. Lebron teamed up with the third best player in the league and another top 10, yet they werenít able to maximize all that the way the warriors do. He also teamed up with the best pf in the game and what looks to be an mvp candidate now. But their sum isnít far greater the way ours is.

    Draymond was a second rounder, Klay a double digit pick, curry himself not even in the top 5. See the opposite effect each player has
    Slow your roll. The heat went to 4 straight finals and won 2. You guys are still trailing and both guys/teams are quite successful


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Iím not sure where you got lost, but reread my posts

    He can ďfitĒ any system
    You went from arguing that Curry has a higher ceiling than Jordan and LeBron to now saying Curry can fit any system. Yes, Curry can fit any system because he plays off-ball and can shoot. That doesn't mean he has a higher ceiling. Plenty of guys are superstars but are terrible fits on teams. A guy like Jimmy Butler is experiencing that right now. Jordan would be a TERRIBLE fit on a team that has him playing off-ball.. and so would guys like Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Bird, etc., Your argument doesn't correlate with having a higher ceiling. It's solely arguing fit on a team.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It's definitely funny and a shame how soon people forget how dominant he can be due to how reeled in he can be on this team at times, but ultimately it's the best thing for the long term success of the team and it's just more testament to him that he's accepting of that.
    This is really what it comes down to right here. This is what makes curry, IMO, the most valuable player in the league today. This is what he has over lebron and other elite players. Over his teammate kd even

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Slow your roll. The heat went to 4 straight finals and won 2. You guys are still trailing and both guys/teams are quite successful


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea but Iím just saying, they kind of change the landscape of the league with that formula, and Iím saying we did it better and the reason is curry. He ALLOWS us to do it better. So 15 years ago before the super team, curry wouldnít be as valuable as right now, because his game is so super team friendly

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    You went from arguing that Curry has a higher ceiling than Jordan and LeBron to now saying Curry can fit any system. Yes, Curry can fit any system because he plays off-ball and can shoot. That doesn't mean he has a higher ceiling. Plenty of guys are superstars but are terrible fits on teams. A guy like Jimmy Butler is experiencing that right now. Jordan would be a TERRIBLE fit on a team that has him playing off-ball.. and so would guys like Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Bird, etc., Your argument doesn't correlate with having a higher ceiling. It's solely arguing fit on a team.
    No, ur the one trying to reduce it to fit, whereas Iím saying this guy can ďfitĒ any system, you trying to reduce his game to fitting a system is bogus. The whole reason I brought up ďsystemĒ is to say that curry benefits from a good system too, I recognize that

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, ur the one trying to reduce it to fit, whereas Iím saying this guy can ďfitĒ any system, you trying to reduce his game to fitting a system is bogus. The whole reason I brought up ďsystemĒ is to say that curry benefits from a good system too, I recognize that
    So why did you mention that Curry has a higher ceiling than Jordan and LeBron? If you said fit, no arguments here. But you're trying to make it seem as if Curry can touch Jordan and LeBron in terms of ceiling. No, he isn't even close. Those two are top three NBA players of all-time. Seeing Curry's lack of Finals MVP dominance and KD's insertion being the main reason they probably won last season, he isn't even close.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •