Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of these two players has more of an impact when they are on the floor?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron

32 86.49%
  • Curry

5 13.51%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It's literally an impact stat.
    You could easily argue that WS measures impact. Or that BPM measures impact. "Impact" is a fairly subjective term. But aside from advanced metrics, anybody could take a look at the two players and clearly see that Lebron has the greater impact on his team and on the floor as a whole. He's superior in nearly every single aspect of the game with the exception of perimeter shooting, and he's integral to basically every single thing the Cavs do as a team.

Edit: Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that two of the three voters who picked Curry happen to be two of the biggest Warriors fans on this site.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 12-05-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    It's funny because you would obviously endorse RPM as it favors Harden. Just take a look at the list of top RPM in the league this season.

Jokic top three. Covington is top six. Lowry at #9. Oh, Korver at 20.

2015-2016, Curry's unanimous MVP season, Draymond had a higher RPM than Curry. Guess he should have been the MVP of the team considering LeBron had the highest RPM that year.. and last year also.

Not sure why people use one stat to justify their argument when anyone could use another stat to debunk it. RPM involves so much junk that it's impossible to truly value a player's impact. Sometimes, all you need are your eyes and it's LeBron James that is more impactful.
    I would never use a singular statistic to make my argument, though. If you compare two players, I think you have to look at every piece of information available to you. Harden tops a lot more lists right now than just RPM. I agree with everything else you said here.

The same argument you make for Curry over LeBron is evidently the same argument you could also make for Curry over Jordan. It's a valid point but it doesn't equate to what LeBron and Jordan can do. It's not the same.

It's funny because you would obviously endorse RPM as it favors Harden. Just take a look at the list of top RPM in the league this season.

Jokic top three. Covington is top six. Lowry at #9. Oh, Korver at 20.

2015-2016, Curry's unanimous MVP season, Draymond had a higher RPM than Curry. Guess he should have been the MVP of the team considering LeBron had the highest RPM that year.. and last year also.

Not sure why people use one stat to justify their argument when anyone could use another stat to debunk it. RPM involves so much junk that it's impossible to truly value a player's impact. Sometimes, all you need are your eyes and it's LeBron James that is more impactful.

Finally someone on here has the heart to admit what I have been saying all this time on here

the '''eyes'' never lie

its Lebron in a landslide, take off the key talent from each team and tell me who can carry a team further because of his impact/abilities and all you have to do is go look at that 07' version of Lebron

people act like Curry won MVP and made the playoffs the year he start winning the award but he has been put out of the playoffs prior to winning, his impact is nowhere near Lebron level, put Curry on that 07' team and they wouldn't sniff the ECF

Curry might be out for a short time. He had a bad sprain. Let's see how the Warriors do without him. The arguments that he has been a catalyst/engine for them has merits, as he does help elevate the run-gun system. That's one problem with LeBron's team through his career is a lack of a system. Cavs supporting cast are doing a lot better lately without him because Wade can somewhat replicate what LeBron can do handling the ball and slashing and kicking, both guys shooting better than expected. Same goes for Westy, I think he hindered the development of Dipo and Sabonis, and the system was all Westy, and these guys have shown to be more then what appeared in OKC. I think having good coaching and a system goes a long way as well.

Allphakenny1, lol, please, tredigs

Lol.
    homers

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    put Curry on that 07' team and they wouldn't sniff the ECF
    True, but put lebron on these warriors and weíre not winning 73, weíre not cake walking the playoffs at 16-1.

I think Iím the 90ís lebron is more valuable, but today in the super team era you gotta go curry. Heís playing in the absolute perfect era for him

Also, with curry youíre not gonna have star players leave and then look like mvp candidates. This is easily the best kyrie has ever looked. And it seems clear the lack of lebron James plays a major role in that. Like I said earlier, if impact is team effect then its curry
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-05-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Which of these two players has more of an impact on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    True, but put lebron on these warriors and weíre not winning 73, weíre not cake walking the playoffs at 16-1.

I think Iím the 90ís lebron is more valuable, but today in the super team era you gotta go curry. Heís playing in the absolute perfect era for him
    Isnít it always the perfect era to share the floor with the best 2 guard, an MVP level SF, and another all nba forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Also, with curry youíre not gonna have star players leave and then look like mvp candidates. This is easily the best kyrie has ever looked. And it seems clear the lack of lebron James plays a major role in that. Like I said earlier, if impact is team effect then its curry
    Who the hell even cares about 73 wins? We saw an addition of KD into practically the same Warriors team and they didn't sniff 73 anyways. It proves nothing. There's so much involved in winning 73 games such as luck, fatigue, playing a team when they just have a completely bad night, ref foul call, etc., that it honestly hasn't proved much. And they lost that NBA Finals (in case you were wondering what it proves).

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Isnít always the perfect era to share the floor with the best 2 guard, an MVP level SF, and another all nba forward?

Before you could build around ONE player, now you canít. Lebron teamed up with the third best player in the league and another top 10, yet they werenít able to maximize all that the way the warriors do. He also teamed up with the best pf in the game and what looks to be an mvp candidate now. But their sum isnít far greater the way ours is.

Draymond was a second rounder, Klay a double digit pick, curry himself not even in the top 5. See the opposite effect each player has

Who the hell even cares about 73 wins? We saw an addition of KD into practically the same Warriors team and they didn't sniff 73 anyways. It proves nothing. There's so much involved in winning 73 games such as luck, fatigue, playing a team when they just have a completely bad night, ref foul call, etc., that it honestly hasn't proved much. And they lost that NBA Finals (in case you were wondering what it proves).
    The 73 wins helps shows the ceiling that curry can achieve that lebron canít

The 73 wins helps shows the ceiling that curry can achieve that lebron canít
    Oh, so it's showing that Curry can achieve a ceiling greater than Jordan? Sit down, homer. You are bad at this. It shows none of what you're trying to say. They lost to a 55 win Cavs team at the end of the day. No one has cared about that 73 win season after they lost. Literally, mentioning it is depressing considering you walked away with an L.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Isnít it always the perfect era to share the floor with the best 2 guard, an MVP level SF, and another all nba forward?

What would happen if lebron had this in his team? Lebron had the best two guard, he aged in a year. Mvp level pf, apparently forgot how to play basketball. Best finisher in the game, not able to step up. Best pf in the game, cant make a shot. Itís always something. Thereís always some reason everyone around him starts sucking, while he carries the whole load

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am sure that has nothing at all to do with the insane talent around curry... nothing at all. If you put curry on the bulls they are a good team... if you put lebron on the bulls they are a top 2 team out East and maybe beat the celtics... Lebron does more with less... curry does more with a ton... Teams come in and the focal point will always be lebron and they game plan against him and they still cant stop him.... Curry gets game planned against as well but Durant is who teams come in either just as worried about or more worried about on top of them focusing on sharp shooter klay etc etc etc.
    Rest assure, the Warriors at their best have a common denominator.

Curry's on/off: +17.4
    Durant's on/off: +4.1
    Green's on/off: -4.7
    Klay's on/off: -9.0

Without Curry on the floor, the team's net rating is at +0.1. The second lowest number among all (!) players is at +7.3 (Zaza's off-court net rating) and only three other players have an off-court net rating <+10 (Bell, Livingston, Durant). This is quite surprising even to me who knows how criticial Curry is to everything we do.

Green without Curry: -7.9
    Klay without Curry: +0.7
    Durant without Curry: +3.8

Curry without Klay: +25.1
    Curry without Durant: +20.8
    Curry without Green: +17.9

What would happen if lebron had this in his team? Lebron had the best two guard, he aged in a year. Mvp level pf, apparently forgot how to play basketball. Best finisher in the game, not able to step up. Best pf in the game, cant make a shot. Itís always something. Thereís always some reason everyone around him starts sucking, while he carries the whole load
    You calling Bosh an MVP level player is laughable. You really just began watching NBA like two years ago. Your join date was probably from watching ice hockey or something.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast