Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think we missed our opportunity to trade Cousins during the last draft, I could see the Skins tagging him one more year because....well we are the Redskins. Of course we barely squeak by the Cardinals, losing benefits us for the sake of a better draft pick. I would love to sneak into the top 5, which won't happen, and grab Saquan Barkley.

I'm on the tear it down train. First, Cousins. If you franchise him again, you can offer teams a window to negotiate a deal. This nets us a first round draft pick.

Second, Trent Williams is at the age where many start to slow down. He is not going to be a part of this team 4-5 years from now. He's still playing at an elite level, at a premium position, despite injuries. He's worth at least a first rounder, and potentially more.

Third, Ryan Kerrigan could be a part of this team 4-5 years down the line, but also has an affordable extension he's signed to, and a team needing a pass-rusher to fit their defense couldn't do worse. He's worth up to a first rounder.

If the Redskins can get three first rounders, plus other picks for those three, and anyone else who won't be a contributing part of this team 4-5 years down the line, they need to do it. We need those high draft picks for an immediate infusion of talent, and this year specifically to draft a QB in a rich draft for this position. We've got to get younger, with a roster that has more depth. This means punting on the next couple seasons, but if our end result is finally building this thing up through the draft like GMSM wanted to do, I'm OK with it.

Interesting to hear the Jay Gruden to Bengals rumors...........he has gained some personnel power with the Redskins, but Marvin Lewis had personnel control with the Bengals despite their owner being more meddlesome with Snyder. Bengals could use that to supersede anything else the Redskins give Gruden to pull him away to be their coach.

I'm not in "tear it down" mode. I think we are real close to contention and a few less injuries along with a catch or two .....and this team could easily be 10-6 or 11-5

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I'm not in "tear it down" mode. I think we are real close to contention and a few less injuries along with a catch or two .....and this team could easily be 10-6 or 11-5
    But it's not creating a long-term pipeline that we need to compete year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    But it's not creating a long-term pipeline that we need to compete year after year.

Well, The Patriots win every year and never tear it down ......as do several other perennial winning teams...

I found this interesting.......didn't know this

According to the Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud, teammates and coaches believe Bucs DT Chris Baker's effort has been poor since singing with the team.
    This isn't the first time Baker's effort has been brought into question; after choosing to leave the Redskins as a free agent in March, word out of D.C. was that teammates and team officials were "lukewarm" on bringing Baker back for the exact same effort concerns. Given $9 million guaranteed by the Bucs, Baker has been a big disappointment with just half a sack next to Gerald McCoy. Baker may be one-and-done in Tampa. The Bucs can clear his entire $4.875 million salar

I'm on the tear it down train. First, Cousins. If you franchise him again, you can offer teams a window to negotiate a deal. This nets us a first round draft pick.

Second, Trent Williams is at the age where many start to slow down. He is not going to be a part of this team 4-5 years from now. He's still playing at an elite level, at a premium position, despite injuries. He's worth at least a first rounder, and potentially more.

Third, Ryan Kerrigan could be a part of this team 4-5 years down the line, but also has an affordable extension he's signed to, and a team needing a pass-rusher to fit their defense couldn't do worse. He's worth up to a first rounder.

If the Redskins can get three first rounders, plus other picks for those three, and anyone else who won't be a contributing part of this team 4-5 years down the line, they need to do it. We need those high draft picks for an immediate infusion of talent, and this year specifically to draft a QB in a rich draft for this position. We've got to get younger, with a roster that has more depth. This means punting on the next couple seasons, but if our end result is finally building this thing up through the draft like GMSM wanted to do, I'm OK with it.
    That's literally like the whole team, that's too far in advance. 2020 I think should be a target year for what youre implying
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    That's literally like the whole team, that's too far in advance. 2020 I think should be a target year for what youre implying
    22 of our players are on one year deals, we've got to build for the future and unfortunately to build a year-in, year-out winner, we need a couple years of draft picks.

Weve been needing a couple years of draft picks for a couple decades now

Cleveland always have lots of picks.....how's that working out for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Cleveland always have lots of picks.....how's that working out for them ?
    While we have the politician running things, they've had one of the guys from Moneyball running things, someone who should still be in an MLB front office.

22 of our players are on one year deals, we've got to build for the future and unfortunately to build a year-in, year-out winner, we need a couple years of draft picks.
    How many players on the team right now do we have signed for the 2022 season? 2020 is 3 offseasons out, plenty of time to build. if youre looking to build for 5 years from now, literally trade everyone on the team for draft picks. The rookies we have on the team right now will have contracts expired by then
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 12-28-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

The difference in New England is a consistent coaching staff. The Redskins turnover coaches at every level of the team annually. We also have no GM and a terrible decision maker in Allen. Brady also goes for a discount every yr to win. Cousins wants the largest contract ever and that will ruin the franchise. If Brady had that mentality, the Pats would never be successful to get big contracts to key guys.

As for tear it down, it means financially speaking, you have to let Cousins go. Breeland will also cost a fortune, and he just is not worth it. Norman is borderline a cut or trade.

Also, no one is giving up a 1st for Cousins. He is older and going to be super expensive. Take a 2nd and be happy and take one of the capable free agent QBs, or trade up to get Rosen or Allen

We should try to trade Reed and/or Breeland to Dallas for Dez. If we can sign Cousins that is. With a competent QB Bryant could get back on track

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast